Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yamato is basically a mini Kaido in combat. She was trained by him, she uses his weapon, she copies his named attacks, and she likely has a mythical zoan like him too. So anyone using this weak ass Nami club argument had two options: say that Nami's fighting style is the same as Kaido's or just shut up.
Nami now has BM’s lightning & Kaido’s club. :finally:

Seriously though, Zeus looked more like a flail in that panel IMO. And Yamato’s clearly got a few more moves up her sleeve than just “bonk person over head with stick”. Not that stick bonk is ineffective. People can just look at the panel of her one shotting the number if they question whether or not she’s capable of any variety.

If anything, NamiZeus' spiked attack is one more foreshadow for Yamato.
Oda might be very well be playing a chess game. His brain is good enough to come up with spicy enough hints. For all we know the fact the Onigashima skull only has one horn now might be an hint for just a yonko to fall this arc out of the two haha.

I'm sorry to say this, but I've lost respect for you Dizzy. Even though I disagreed with the majority of your arguments, I always respected the effort put into them and how deeply you considered things before posting. This, however, is just sad. Nami is obviously not going to be a club user all of a sudden, and Yamato has an unrevealed zoan type devil fruit so we don't even know what her fighting style is yet. The fact that you're saying they are the same is clearly just grasping at straws when it should be obvious to everyone after this chapter that Yamato is joining. I really hoped you would be reasonable about it given your track record, but this is clearly nothing short of delusion.
If you "lOsT rEsPeCt" for me for simply raising a contrasting point in a discussion thread then your respect never held any value to begin with. "He doesn't agree with my not-fact. GRrrrrr!!"
Pathetic.
Sanji's fighting style is just Zef's and Fishman karate is used,not only by multiple fishemen, but a human teaches it to bunch of revolutionaries.

Ur stretching the truth of how unique the SH's truly r to one another. Both Luffy and Sanji even use heat to improve their attacks.
It's the "black-leg" style and Sanji's epithet is black leg. It's his style. Zeff was called Red leg. Sanji's style was clearly inspired by Zeff, but the point is that it's still a very personalised and unique fighting style which holds meaning. (He's a chef so he doesn't use his hands).

Fishman karate is far more unique than fighting with a club, which is a standard weapon used by fodder.
>she isnt unique
>dont bring her df that literally no other character can have into the argument

Bro wtf r these arguments. She could an Ant DF and id still be unique only to her, it literally doesnt matter wut the DF is.
Yes, don't bring the df we literally know nothing about and try and force it into a point.

Yamao's seemingly a zoan. Those are the least creative or distinct devil fruits since they generally all have the same power. Overall boost to physical stats and endurance. Zoans aren't completely crazy new abilities like paramecias or logais. Zoans just boost existing strength.

Name a single regular zoan in the entire series whom we saw their fighting style in base form, and then got a completely different fighting style in their hybrid form... A single one. Lucci, Kaku, Jabra, Drake, etc. All it does is boost their physical strength, not give them an entirely new skillset altogether.

There's a reason Oda gave Chopper the rumble ball and all its different transformations... Yamao could however get another ability if she has a mythical zoan, but as I said originally we have no way of knowing that right now.

Name a single zoan in the entire series whom we saw their fighting style in base form, and then got a completely different fighting style in their hybrid form... A single one. Lucci, Kaku, Jabra, Drake, Kaido, etc. All it does is boost their physical strength, not give them an entirely new skillset altogether.
Kaku’s fighting style definitely gained new dimensions with his DF. I don’t think he was using his neck as a weapon in base. He still kept the things he could do in base, but the DF clearly offered him a variety of moves previously unavailable to him that changed what he brought to the table by a significant amount.

Marco, we’ve never seen fight in true base, but his devil fruit obviously offers new skills with the addition of flight that he wouldn’t have without his Zoan.

Zoan fruits don’t give entirely new skill sets but they can certainly unlock new avenues depending on the fruit.

Kaku’s fighting style definitely gained new dimensions with his DF. I don’t think he was using his neck as a weapon in base. He still kept the things he could do in base, but the DF definitely offered him a variety of moves previously unavailable to him that changed what he brought to the table by a significant amount.
Kaku was the swordsman.

Even when he was a shipwright he fought people with files. And then with Zoro he used his swords. And then with his zoan transformation he used his legs. Tempest kick mirrors the effect of a flying slash. Kaku's zoan basically just let him use more powerful blades. Instead of using files, or even swords he was using giraffe legs and his neck. It's still the same old swordsmanship, just packaged slightly differently and made more powerful.

Marco, we’ve never seen fight in true base, but his devil fruit obviously offers new skills with the addition of flight that he wouldn’t have without his Zoan.
Marco's a mythical zoan. Just like I mentioned they are unique since they have an extra power. But even then, with Marco's hybrid he still just uses kicks, we can understand to be his main fighting style (although we've never once seen him fight in base, so it's not a direct comparison)
Zoan fruits don’t give entirely new skill sets but they can certainly unlock new avenues depending on the fruit.
Yeah. ^^^ This exactly. This is all I was trying to say in the first place. Apologies if I wasn't clear enough.

Take Kaido for example. In his hybrid form his main weapon is still his club. But he can now also spit blast breaths and is more agile. Doesn't change the fact that his fighting style is still with a club.

If you "lOsT rEsPeCt" for me for simply raising a contrasting point in a discussion thread then your respect never held any value to begin with. "He doesn't agree with my not-fact. GRrrrrr!!"
Pathetic.

It's the "black-leg" style and Sanji's epithet is black leg. It's his style. Zeff was called Red leg. Sanji's style was clearly inspired by Zeff, but the point is that it's still a very personalised and unique fighting style which holds meaning. (He's a chef so he doesn't use his hands).

Fishman karate is far more unique than fighting with a club, which is a standard weapon used by fodder.

Yes, don't bring the df we literally know nothing about and try and force it into a point.

Yamao's seemingly a zoan. Those are the least creative or distinct devil fruits since they generally all have the same power. Overall boost to physical stats and endurance. Zoans aren't completely crazy new abilities like paramecias or logais. Zoans just boost existing strength.

Name a single regular zoan in the entire series whom we saw their fighting style in base form, and then got a completely different fighting style in their hybrid form... A single one. Lucci, Kaku, Jabra, Drake, etc. All it does is boost their physical strength, not give them an entirely new skillset altogether.

There's a reason Oda gave Chopper the rumble ball and all its different transformations... Yamao could however get another ability if she has a mythical zoan, but as I said originally we have no way of knowing that right now.
It's not that you made a point I disagree with, as you do that daily and I still respected you. It's that you've now become delusional.

Yeah. ^^^ This exactly. This is all I was trying to say in the first place. Apologies if I wasn't clear enough.

Take Kaido for example. In his hybrid form his main weapon is still his club. But he can now also spit blast breaths and is more agile. Doesn't change the fact that his fighting style is still with a club.
My stance on the argument against her fighting style, even if we grant it legitimacy, is that Oda could always spice it up with her devil fruit without changing it completely.

If Oda thought it was too dull (which I don’t think it is but that doesn’t matter for my point) and he still wanted Yamato in the crew, then he can always make it more spicy with her DF especially since most expect it to be mythical in nature.

My stance on the argument against her fighting style, even if we grant it legitimacy, is that Oda could always spice it up with her devil fruit without changing it completely.

If Oda thought it was too dull (which I don’t think it is but that doesn’t matter for my point) and he still wanted Yamato in the crew, then he can always make it more spicy with her DF especially since most expect it to be mythical in nature.
Yep, again I agree with all of this. Hence why in my original post I said we need to wait and see exactly what her devil fruit actually is first before proclaiming it to be incredibly significant and unique. For the record, I personally think it will be a mythical zoan, but it's totally baseless to try and use predictions as hard objective facts like some are so keen on doing.

It's kinda settled that Carrot won't be a nakama. Will she become a grand fleet commander, I say NO. I would bet on Ulti becoming a grand fleet commander over the "background bunny".

Before angry tards start to rant, I will give the reason, that is, she has no fucking experience as a Pirate or a warrior.

What she will do in the future? The ruler birds will be no longer needed, pbly she will start a carrot snack shop on Zou

Oda might be very well be playing a chess game. His brain is good enough to come up with spicy enough hints. For all we know the fact the Onigashima skull only has one horn now might be an hint for just a yonko to fall this arc out of the two haha.
My point is, i doubt this attack will be part of Nami's fighting style, it doesn't match her existing abilities and it didn't do any damage. So if we need to assign any meaning at all to it, might as well be a symbolic representation of a female using a spiked weapon, not that i support the idea itself. Its just a less ridiculous option than trying to make the argument that Nami's taking away Yamato's fighting style therefore this and that, when it's really only a one off move..

You are right, we only have 10 bedrooms total.

They might want to make a new one for Yamato or one of the crew members would have to stay outside.
Yes I was legitimately question, had forgotten this particular but of course it would prove no issue most likely and they would find a way to sneak through the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.