Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have only 2 problems with Yamato even if she is a lock.

1. What will be her role? She can't be the Oden because Oden was seeked by Roger for his ability to read the Poneglyphs. So what has Oda in store? Writing a log keeper journal? This brings me to problem 2

2. Yeah I got she wants to go out on adventures... But are the SHs fitting for it? They already have seen enough and like Oda said... There are in their final phase... Oden at least went back to Skypia and Co to see the world while Yamato won't see as much.

Even though it feels close to the end, keep in mind that the Strawhats have been in the new world for... less than 3 weeks? And they've been to to 5 Islands (Fishman Island, Punk Hazard, Dressrosa, Whole Cake Island, Wano)? Of this time, Jinbe has only been with the crew for a few hours (escape from WCI and Onigashima). If the guesses of what's to come are to be believed, we still have Elbaf, Laughtale, destruction of Reverse Mountain, a full trip through Paradise, a war at Mariejois, and a fight with Blackbeard to go. I'd call that an adventure.

As far as log keeper goes, everything the Strawhats has done so far is ground covered by multiple pirate crews, and places they've visited have been written about by Oden. Once they reach Laughtale, they'll be able to accomplish things never done before, which is why a log keeper would be useful. Not that this is necessarily what Oda would decide if he wants Yamato to tag along, but it would be easy enough to spin it this way.

Even though it feels close to the end, keep in mind that the Strawhats have been in the new world for... less than 3 weeks? And they've been to to 5 Islands (Fishman Island, Punk Hazard, Dressrosa, Whole Cake Island, Wano)? Of this time, Jinbe has only been with the crew for a few hours (escape from WCI and Onigashima). If the guesses of what's to come are to be believed, we still have Elbaf, Laughtale, destruction of Reverse Mountain, a full trip through Paradise, a war at Mariejois, and a fight with Blackbeard to go. I'd call that an adventure.

As far as log keeper goes, everything the Strawhats has done so far is ground covered by multiple pirate crews, and places they've visited have been written about by Oden. Once they reach Laughtale, they'll be able to accomplish things never done before, which is why a log keeper would be useful. Not that this is necessarily what Oda would decide if he wants Yamato to tag along, but it would be easy enough to spin it this way.
I agree and maybe if Yamato becomes the log keeper, this can create a crew dynamic between Yamato and Robin where Robin teaches Yamato how to write properly.

10 Seems perfect for the crew count and Luffy also told that number to Shanks.

My theory is that Yamato creates her own crew with the leftovers of the Beast pirates. Oda already started making many Beast Pirates join the opposite. Someone has to take care of them after Wano.

Maybe it's an hint she will join hmmmm:myman:
"Maybe"? :lusalty:
She will absolutely join... :cheers:

My theory is that Yamato creates her own crew with the leftovers of the Beast pirates. Oda already started making many Beast Pirates join the opposite. Someone has to take care of them after Wano.
The number "10" doesn't include Luffy...

Beast Pirates remnants will serve as a part of Wano Military, with Tama as their leader being a retainer... Who can utilize existing defense better than the ones currently using it?

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Been thinking about it, and Yamato’s strength not only doesn’t ruin the “balance” on the crew, it actually could make the Straw Hats more effective without shoehorning the kind of PUs most of them would need to realistically survive the rest of the story. With Luffy, Zoro, and Yamato barging into enemy territory as the trio of Conquerors, clearing out the riffraff would free people like Nami, Usopp, and Franky up to perform the kind of long-range, tactical moves that best complement their abilities; folks like Chopper, Robin, and Brook who are more effective against the second tier opponents or offer various forms of non-combat support would be able to focus more on doing their thing; even Jinbe and Sanji could cut loose without having to worry about saving everyone mentioned above. A lot of things have been said about the SHP not earning their wins in this arc because they did it without Haki (against characters who were confirmed to have it), but they won’t be lucky enough to keep that going as they face top tier organizations, so other than the obvious reasons why having someone who can match Kaido blow for blow is a plus for our protagonists, Yamato’s presence only stands to make the crew better no matter how you slice it :cheers:

BB also has 10 members so if does plan to add more SHs itll be after that, but
Oden wasnt a log keep tho. He literally just wanted to write a story abt his life, hence y it was in 1st person.

The story of Yamato starts after she leaves Wano, just like Oden's.

Been thinking about it, and Yamato’s strength not only doesn’t ruin the “balance” on the crew, it actually could make the Straw Hats more effective without shoehorning the kind of PUs most of them would need to realistically survive the rest of the story. With Luffy, Zoro, and Yamato barging into enemy territory as the trio of Conquerors, clearing out the riffraff would free people like Nami, Usopp, and Franky up to perform the kind of long-range, tactical moves that best complement their abilities; folks like Chopper, Robin, and Brook who are more effective against the second tier opponents or offer various forms of non-combat support would be able to focus more on doing their thing; even Jinbe and Sanji could cut loose without having to worry about saving everyone mentioned above. A lot of things have been said about the SHP not earning their wins in this arc because they did it without Haki (against characters who were confirmed to have it), but they won’t be lucky enough to keep that going as they face top tier organizations, so other than the obvious reasons why having someone who can match Kaido blow for blow is a plus for our protagonists, Yamato’s presence only stands to make the crew better no matter how you slice it :cheers:
Being a small crew, adding Yamato to the club would suffice their lack of immediate manpower facing the best of the best... After Wano, Luffy is more likely to be recognized as an official Yonko... Yamato would lessen the dispute of Luffy's crew being incompetent powerwise for a Yonko crew... Yamato "wrecking" the crew's power balance shouldn't be an issue when Oden can even "wreck" Roger Pirates' power balance...

Huh. So interesting Observation here

- Luffy's 10 member crew is in the middle
- The 2 central "potential" new crewmembers are on the direct opposing ends of the poster

Maybe they really are both meant to join. This seems pretty purposeful.
Post automatically merged:

Even weirder.....Carrot literally does not belong on that side of the poster, unless there is a reason she's there.

The entire WCI crew is on the right side, including Kata, Reiju, and Pudding. All Wano characters are also on that side with BM and Kaido, with Kiku, Oden, Yamato, and Hiyori. The only exception is Izo because he's with Whitebeard.

Carrot has zero relations to the other side of the poster. Why would Oda put her there if not to parallel Yamato? I think his team 100% knows that the fanbase is vying for both to join.
anything can seem to have purpose if you look hard enough, these arent just arc characters its the top 100 character poll, nothing alluding to anything story related or hiding a secret meaning

Oda's editor confirmed that 10 didn't include Luffy, but meant Luffy and 10 subordinates. This matches Blackbeard and his 10 captains as well. Whether or not it's Yamato, there is indisputably another nakama coming.

anything can seem to have purpose if you look hard enough, these arent just arc characters its the top 100 character poll, nothing alluding to anything story related or hiding a secret meaning
I'm not alluding to anything as fact. I'm pointing out that it's interesting they are on opposing ends of the poster and also happen to be the most contested candidates. That's it.

Oda's editor confirmed that 10 didn't include Luffy, but meant Luffy and 10 subordinates. This matches Blackbeard and his 10 captains as well. Whether or not it's Yamato, there is indisputably another nakama coming.
You don't even have to look to the editor, Brook's joining chapter is "The 8th Person", and Luffy counts to 8 on his fingers after Marineford while thinking of the crew.

I remember Oda saying that he wants the crew like a football/soccer team... Something around that line, correct me if I'm wrong...

There are 11 players in a soccer team (source):
  • Goalkeeper
  • Right Full-back (or Wingback)
  • Left Full-back (or Wingback)
  • Center-back
  • Center back (or sweeper)
  • Defensive Midfielder
  • Right Midfielder (or Winger)
  • Center Midfielder
  • Center Forward (or Striker)
  • Attacking Midfielder (or Center Forward)
  • Left Midfielder (or Winger)
Maybe that's where Oda based the "Wings" term for Zoro and Sanji...

If we count the Coach, there will be 12...

Is there a source for Oda saying that?
He loves football (I guess) xDxD
Post automatically merged:

Btw, last chapter confirmed us Yamato has always been free, and he's just paying the consecuences of his freedom.
And what his freedom is? Calling himself Oden, on Oden's enemy castle, being Oden's enemy son.

he just want to don't have consequences for being someone who isn't...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.