Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing that makes me think there might be more is that Blackbeard is still recruiting. It looks like Moriah may become the 11th captain. I agree that the crew should be complete in Wano, but there are a number of possible recruits in Wano.
That is true. Though of the Wano options, there's not much there. The only candidates not tied to running a country or their own crew is Carrot and Tama. Carrot needs no discussion. Tama is weaker than Vivi and her devil fruit is only amazing in this onigashima raid. This is not bringing up the glaring issue of her age, which does matter to Luffy.

That is true. Though of the Wano options, there's not much there. The only candidates not tied to running a country or their own crew is Carrot and Tama. Carrot needs no discussion. Tama is weaker than Vivi and her devil fruit is only amazing in this onigashima raid. This is not bringing up the glaring issue of her age, which does matter to Luffy.
I don’t think you an count out vivi and Sabo as options.

Vivi seems to no longer be tied to Alabasta as imu wants her dead and returning to her home Island will just cause me death

Sabo is seemingly on the run and still has yet to make contact with the rest of the army. Not to mention his personal grudge with the BB pirates we have a good possibility here.

Vivi seems to no longer be tied to Alabasta as imu wants her dead and returning to her home Island will just cause me death
The WG would just threaten Alabasta if Vivi decides to go into hiding and she would easily sacrifice herself so that her people are safe. I do think she'll reunite with the crew but it's not gonna be in a permanent basis. Her dream is tied to her country and she won't ditch it to go be a pirate. It'll undermine her goodbye.
Sabo is seemingly on the run and still has yet to make contact with the rest of the army. Not to mention his personal grudge with the BB pirates we have a good possibility here.
Ace, Sabo and Luffy all agreed to go on their own path. Luffy already invited them in the past and Ace in the present as well but he was met with the same answer. Ace was content being the number 2 for Whitebeard and Sabo is the same for the revolutionary army. There's just nothing to suggest he would 180 on his mindset in order to be under his little brother's command and abandon his important position in the revolutionaries.

The WG would just threaten Alabasta if Vivi decides to go into hiding and she would easily sacrifice herself so that her people are safe. I do think she'll reunite with the crew but it's not gonna be in a permanent basis. Her dream is tied to her country and she won't ditch it to go to be a pirate. It'll undermine her goodbye.

Ace, Sabo and Luffy all agreed to go on their own path. Luffy already invited them in the past and Ace in the present as well but he was met with the same answer. Ace was content being the number 2 for Whitebeard and Sabo is the same for the revolutionary army. There's just nothing to suggest he would 180 on his mindset in order to be under his little brother's command and abandon his important position in the revolutionaries.
Alabasta seems to already planned to be put under the WG Control. I don’t see vivi doing anything but joining the crew at this point. Oda reintroduced her, gave her an entire new plot to explain why she’d rejoin the crew, and she has the most character out of every possible future straw hat. She also is already considered a straw hat so her returning to the ship seems pretty obvious to me.

As for Sabo, Sabo is mirroring Oden pretty 1:1 so far and Oda even made a visual comparison of the two. Sabo even has the dream to write a book of his adventures which Odens journal is one of the main plot points from Odens journey. A number two of a seperate crew joining Luffys journey is kind of the point.

And these two have personal reasons to confront the two main villains we’ll fight from this stage forward

Yamato is joining. No doubts.

But people don't find it a weak reason for her to join... Because she wants to be Oden? All the time I see parallels to Oden.

Oden was his own character. Roger and Oden even traveled back to the GL and stuff.

So if she joins... Why you think she will.play the Oden role if we are ready at the end of the story

I really hope Luffy says to her to shut the fuck about Oden and be her own persona.

With this she will play her role in the crew and not the Oden role

Everyone counting out Law just because he has a crew when we just got Jinbei:milaugh:

I like the idea of Vivi returning, but how exactly would she be able to be relevant combat-wise? Are ya'll expecting her to have a devil fruit?
Either Pells fruit upgrading her peacock attacks to falcon attacks, or CoA.

She doesn’t need too much to be relevant. I’m thinking Oda will compare her strength to Nami usopps and choppers like he compared Jinbes to franky and Brook

And law is different to me.
His roles too similar to chopper and he wants to be with his crew. Jinbe only lead his crew out of necessity

For the likes of Dizzy and C4N, yes... For some of us, it would be better to discuss about post-Wano nakama-related stuffs, whether someone will still join or not...
After Wano I think it would make sense for Vivi to return
Especially given the possibility of Cobra being dead and Vivi being on the run

Some say it makes more sense for her to join the Revolutionaries and I would agree if she had any inkling of who they were
Yeah she knows Dragon is Luffy's father and Sabo is his brother but I think she'd opt for her captain over people she doesn't know personally

I think she just wants the answers her father was searching for regarding Alabasta's involvement in the void century and why the Nefertari's didn't go to Marie Jois, not completely dismantle the current powers that be (although the SHs may fall into that plot eventually)
Post automatically merged:

I'm still holding out hope for Law.
I used to scilentently rally for Law pre timeskip, especially after Marineford

After Wano I think it would make sense for Vivi to return
Especially given the possibility of Cobra being dead and Vivi being on the run

Some say it makes more sense for her to join the Revolutionaries and I would agree if she had any inkling of who they were
Yeah she knows Dragon is Luffy's father and Sabo is his brother but I think she'd opt for her captain over people she doesn't know personally

I think she just wants the answers her father was searching for regarding Alabasta's involvement in the void century and why the Nefertari's didn't go to Marie Jois, not completely dismantle the current powers that be (although the SHs may fall into that plot eventually)
Post automatically merged:

I used to scilentently rally for Law pre timeskip, especially after Marineford
I was all for law until Zou and we saw how much he cared for his crew and missed them during his short break from the polar tang. Now I want him to stay with them and be an ally more than a Nakama.

So who do yall think will join after Yamato if anyone? I'm in the belief that she'd be the last given two big reasons.

First one is that the original "About 10 men will do" statement was retconned. The original design of the crew stopped at 10 and Blackbeard also had his 9 titanic captains together at Marineford. Now after the timeskip there's suddenly another titanic captain and it's clarified that Luffy wasn't counting himself. Its technically not impossible but it'd be an odd choice for there to be a mismatch of 13 Strawhats vs 11 BB Pirates when Oda easily could've added 2 more captains with no impact to the story.

The other one is more personal taste but it'll be too late after Wano. This arc is meant to solidify the SHs as a crew worthy of making a run for the Pirate King title and leads into the final climactic saga of the story. Everyone is showing the fruits of their labor and growth, which includes Yamato. It wouldn't feel right if someone joins after the most important battle for the crew and pretty much has a free ride to laugh tale. Vivi would fall in this category the hardest since she has 0 combat skill to speak of that's relevant.

Like I said earlier, it's technically not impossible so would like to hear some thoughts and any counters to my points.
i would hope their is more because if Oda really wants to go out and have Luffy vs the literal world than he should have Boa on his side in that war as well as alabasta army etc.

I think it would be interesting if the Strawhats attacked mariejoa. as he is now he has about 50 ships and i think the strawhats should split into divisions. sanji's team vs kizarus fleet or Greenbulls Zoro vs Fujitora smoker tashigi Yamafo vs whatever force left. Usopp Franky etc vs vice admirals brooke Robin etc vs cp0 and Luffy hets imtercepted by akainu and the new force/weapons. really just the strawhats and the fleet stand a chance the way Oda "writes". though for the biggest war in One Piece it should be no bars hold. oda couod be as creative as he wants. the marines have allways seemed underpowered. thsy use their entire military to fight one Yonkou and really had a circumstantial victory.

or maybe a threeway war with the remaining Yonkou vs Luffy vs the world government which as i type seems more likely. or even the slim chance that Blackbeard teams up with imu or the wg calls from forces of all the nations united under the WG.

Alabasta seems to already planned to be put under the WG Control. I don’t see vivi doing anything but joining the crew at this point. Oda reintroduced her, gave her an entire new plot to explain why she’d rejoin the crew, and she has the most character out of every possible future straw hat. She also is already considered a straw hat so her returning to the ship seems pretty obvious to me.
Well why would Vivi want to go on adventures instead of ruling her country? Especially when the WG would threaten Alabasta, not just take control of it. I understand Vivi is the honorary SH but there's a reason she chose to stay instead and it hasn't changed. She's also weaker than pre timeskip Nami still so she wouldn't contribute in any fight in the future.
As for Sabo, Sabo is mirroring Oden pretty 1:1 so far and Oda even made a visual comparison of the two. Sabo even has the dream to write a book of his adventures which Odens journal is one of the main plot points from Odens journey. A number two of a seperate crew joining Luffys journey is kind of the point.
Yamato mirrors Oden more than Sabo but if I were to grant that, you aren't considering what Sabo's situation is. He has a home of his own with the revolutionary army. He was raised there since childhood and now holds the second most important position. If Sabo wanted to give that up to join the crew, he easily could've done so in Dressrosa and Luffy would gladly take him in. Same thing for Ace back in Alabasta when Luffy directly asked him. He said no because of his current family with the WB pirates so its implied Sabo would do the same. They both just told the crew to take care of their little brother.

Well why would Vivi want to go on adventures instead of ruling her country? Especially when the WG would threaten Alabasta, not just take control of it. I understand Vivi is the honorary SH but there's a reason she chose to stay instead and it hasn't changed. She's also weaker than pre timeskip Nami still so she wouldn't contribute in any fight in the future.

Yamato mirrors Oden more than Sabo but if I were to grant that, you aren't considering what Sabo's situation is. He has a home of his own with the revolutionary army. He was raised there since childhood and now holds the second most important position. If Sabo wanted to give that up to join the crew, he easily could've done so in Dressrosa and Luffy would gladly take him in. Same thing for Ace back in Alabasta when Luffy directly asked him. He said no because of his current family with the WB pirates so its implied Sabo would do the same. They both just told the crew to take care of their little brother.
How can she rule a country when she’s a wanted criminal. It’s the same logic that made Franky join the crew. And Vivi joined the crew when Alabasta was in danger from crocodile. Now it’s under even greater danger because of Imus vendetta. She can’t simply return.

Why do you think Sabo was specifically written about in the paper? Why do you think no one could get in contact with him from the Revs? Something happened and Sabo’s on the run. If it was simple enough that Sabo could just return to the revs, Koala wouldn’t have been so scared. And Yamato doesn’t mirror Oden, especially not as well as Sabo.

Oden - Born to Nobility but ran away at a young age - Sabo
Oden - Got in constant trouble as a kid - Sabo
Oden - Joined a group of criminals who came to the island in order to escape - Sabo
Oden - Is called a brother of Whitebeard and Roger - Sabo is called a brother of Ace and Luffy

Oda even drew it outright when Luffy stated his true dream as a kid Ace was connected to Whitebeard, and guess who Sabo was connected to? Oden.

Either Pells fruit upgrading her peacock attacks to falcon attacks, or CoA.

She doesn’t need too much to be relevant. I’m thinking Oda will compare her strength to Nami usopps and choppers like he compared Jinbes to franky and Brook

And law is different to me.
His roles too similar to chopper and he wants to be with his crew. Jinbe only lead his crew out of necessity
Have you seen the weak trio lately? Haki and a falcon fruit wouldn't put her anywhere close to their level. Vivi is a non combatant. She would need a much bigger upgrade than that.

Law's role can be surgeon, which is plenty different from doctor, or strategist, as his role has been in the alliance. Jinbei only leading the Sun pirates out of necessity is pure headcannon.

How can she rule a country when she’s a wanted criminal. It’s the same logic that made Franky join the crew. And Vivi joined the crew when Alabasta was in danger from crocodile. Now it’s under even greater danger because of Imus vendetta. She can’t simply return.
Vivi doesn't have a bounty on her head for one and that doesn't change the fact that she wants to be there for her country. She's not gonna want to have a good time sailing with friends while Alabasta is left with presumably no ruler and at the risk of the WG demanding for her. Also, she joined the crew temporarily so she could get to Alabasta and that's it. It was no different than Momo asking Luffy to take him to Wano except Oda slapping the crewmate title on Vivi after she left.
Why do you think Sabo was specifically written about in the paper? Why do you think no one could get in contact with him from the Revs? Something happened and Sabo’s on the run. If it was simple enough that Sabo could just return to the revs, Koala wouldn’t have been so scared.
I don't see how Sabo being in danger = that he'll now ask to join Luffy and abandon his role/family in the revolutionary army. Is Shirahoshi now a candidate since she's an ancient weapon and Im stabbed a poster of her? Or Boa since Oda mentioned a grim fate for her in the same vein as Sabo and Vivi?
And Yamato doesn’t mirror Oden, especially not as well as Sabo.
I could write an essay of all the things Oden and Yamato have in common but this point doesn't matter much in this discussion.

Have you seen the weak trio lately? Haki and a falcon fruit wouldn't put her anywhere close to their level. Vivi is a non combatant. She would need a much bigger upgrade than that.

Law's role can be surgeon, which is plenty different from doctor, or strategist, as his role has been in the alliance. Jinbei only leading the Sun pirates out of necessity is pure headcannon.
I mean, Oda can make every character as strong or weak as he likes, vivis no exception. Power levels aren’t an issue with Odas way of boosting and weakening whoever they like.

And it’s stated by the Sun pirates on chapter 830:

“All your big life choices have been for the sake of someone else.” He did not choose to be the captain himself, he did it because he wanted to help the former slaves of Mariejoa and fight with them. Joining Luffys crew is one of the only “selfish” choices Jinbe made in his life.
As for surgeon vs Doctor realistically they’re different but when Laws own role is that of a “ships doctor” it’s still watering down the role of Chopper

Vivi doesn't have a bounty on her head for one and that doesn't change the fact that she wants to be there for her country. She's not gonna want to have a good time sailing with friends while Alabasta is left with presumably no ruler and at the risk of the WG demanding for her. Also, she joined the crew temporarily so she could get to Alabasta and that's it. It was no different than Momo asking Luffy to take him to Wano except Oda slapping the crewmate title on Vivi after she left.

I don't see how Sabo being in danger = that he'll now ask to join Luffy and abandon his role/family in the revolutionary army. Is Shirahoshi now a candidate since she's an ancient weapon and Im stabbed a poster of her? Or Boa since Oda mentioned a grim fate for her in the same vein as Sabo and Vivi?

I could write an essay of all the things Oden and Yamato have in common but this point doesn't matter much in this discussion.
Vivi may not have had a bounty prior to the reverie but if you think someone who escaped the king of the world isn’t likely to get a bounty then you’re wrong. And that’s what Koza is for. You know Vivis partner and the man who lead the rebellion. Having him lead Alabasta in vivis place is very possible. The difference was once momo and Kinemon landed on wano they separated from the straw hat pirates for the most part. They went off doing their own thing. Vivi throughout the Alabasta arc was still a straw hat and is stated by everyone that she always will be one. I don’t see why she shouldn’t be there when Luffy becomes the king of the pirates when him taking down the WG is the only way to truly protect Alabasta.

The main thing about the danger was that die some reason Sabo was separated from the other RA people at the reverie. Something happened there that opened the door to these people joining the straw hats.

And Yamato wants to be like oden but she doesn’t share many similarities to him that will carry over after the wano arc. She’ll become her own person by then

Status
Not open for further replies.