Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just your daily reminder of the total number of panels every single character has appeared in ALL 3 ACTS of Wano as 1034;
1) Monkey D. Luffy - 1280

2) Roronoa Zoro - 832

3) Kaido - 672

4) Kin'emon - 617

5) Sanji - 537 (+40)

6) Kozuki Momonosuke - 462 (+3)

7) O-Kiku - 454

8) Kozuki Oden - 450

9) Nami - 404

10) Queen - 397 (+37)

11) Charlotte Linlin - 380

12) Kawamatsu - 378

13) O-Tama - 352

14) Yamato - 343

15) Trafalgar D. Water Law - 325

16) Nico Robin - 302

17) Raizo - 296

18) Usopp - 284 (+1)

19) Denjiro - 284

20) Franky - 282

21) Tony Tony Chopper - 281

22) Kurozumi Orochi - 279

23) Shinobu - 279

24) Ashura Douji - 275

25) Inuarashi - 268

26) Hyogoro - 265

27) Kurozumi Kanjuro - 261

28) Kozuki Hiyori - 254

29) Eustass Kid - 235

30) Napoleon - 231

31) Nekomamushi - 217

32) Brook - 200

33) King - 198

34) Basil Hawkins - 180

35) Komachiyo - 178

36) Killer - 165

37) Marco - 154

38) Jinbe - 150

39) Ulti - 150

40) Shimotsuki Yasuie - 129

41) X Drake - 124

42) O-Toko - 120

43) Izo - 117

44) Sasaki - 115

45) Black Maria - 115

46) Page One - 114

47) Scratchmen Apoo - 105

48) Onimaru - 102

49) Who's Who - 102

50) Zeus - 102

51) Kozuki Toki - 96

52) Gol D. Roger - 95

53) Jack - 94

54) Carrot - 92

55) Prometheus - 90

56) Thousand Sunny - 80

57) O-Tsuru - 73

58) Gama Pyonnosuke - 73

59) Edward Newgate - 72

60) Tenguyama Hitetsu - 68

61) Greenbull - 0
:josad:

Don't confuse panel quantity over quality, Mr. 9 put in more work on the Strawhat ship than Carrot ever did, and he's a side character too..

Crewmate or whatever bullshit you come up with is worthless, just as equal as a traveling companion..
No he didn't. You are just proving that you are reading the story with an eye closed. It's not even worth debunking.

So who do yall think will join after Yamato if anyone? I'm in the belief that she'd be the last given two big reasons.

First one is that the original "About 10 men will do" statement was retconned. The original design of the crew stopped at 10 and Blackbeard also had his 9 titanic captains together at Marineford. Now after the timeskip there's suddenly another titanic captain and it's clarified that Luffy wasn't counting himself. Its technically not impossible but it'd be an odd choice for there to be a mismatch of 13 Strawhats vs 11 BB Pirates when Oda easily could've added 2 more captains with no impact to the story.

The other one is more personal taste but it'll be too late after Wano. This arc is meant to solidify the SHs as a crew worthy of making a run for the Pirate King title and leads into the final climactic saga of the story. Everyone is showing the fruits of their labor and growth, which includes Yamato. It wouldn't feel right if someone joins after the most important battle for the crew and pretty much has a free ride to laugh tale. Vivi would fall in this category the hardest since she has 0 combat skill to speak of that's relevant.

Like I said earlier, it's technically not impossible so would like to hear some thoughts and any counters to my points.

Last edited:

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
So who do yall think will join after Yamato if anyone? I'm in the belief that she'd be the last given two big reasons.

First one is that the original "About 10 men will do" statement was retconned. The original design of the crew stopped at 10 and Blackbeard also had his 9 titanic captains together at Marineford. Now after the timeskip there's suddenly another titanic captain and it's clarified that Luffy wasn't counting himself. Its technically not impossible but it'd be an odd choice for there to be a mismatch of 13 Strawhats vs 11 BB Pirates when Oda easily could've added 2 more captains with no impact to the story.

The other one is more personal taste but it'll be too late after Wano. This arc is meant to solidify the SHs as a crew worthy of making a run for the Pirate King title and leads into the final climactic saga of the story. Everyone is showing the fruits of their labor and growth, which includes Yamato. It wouldn't feel right if someone joins after the most important battle for the crew and pretty much as a free ride to laugh tale. Vivi would fall in this category the hardest since she has 0 combat skill to speak of that's relevant.

Like I said earlier, it's technically not impossible so would like to hear some thoughts and any counters to my points.
Well over the years Oda has said:

1. When OP was supposed to end in 2002, Luffy was supposed to gather all 10 members.

2. Preskip was supposed to end with the SH crew complete with 10 members but plans changed.

3. That at least one more person will join after Jinbe

I don't bank on anymore members cause of this

The other one is more personal taste but it'll be too late after Wano. This arc is meant to solidify the SHs as a crew worthy of making a run for the Pirate King title and leads into the final climactic saga of the story. Everyone is showing the fruits of their labor and growth, which includes Yamato. It wouldn't feel right if someone joins after the most important battle for the crew and pretty much has a free ride to laugh tale. Vivi would fall in this category the hardest since she has 0 combat skill to speak of that's relevant.

The only thing that makes me think there might be more is that Blackbeard is still recruiting. It looks like Moriah may become the 11th captain. I agree that the crew should be complete in Wano, but there are a number of possible recruits in Wano.

Status
Not open for further replies.