Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You say that like it's not more reasonable than C4N's nonsense.
Law makes tons of sense but you're willingly ignoring the points that removes him from the list.. It's like having Apoo the super DJ join the Strawhats when we have Brook the musician already..

Bepo was also on a color spread with other first mates, he's obviously not in the same league though it shows that Law and his crew have weight in the narrative from being part of the new era..

Law makes tons of sense but you're willingly ignoring the points that removes him from the list.. It's like having Apoo the super DJ join the Strawhats when we have Brook the musician already..
It's not ignoring when you can counter those arguments. Just look at how both characters are treated in Wano.

Chopper was mostly focused on creating medicine to heal people

Law was mostly the bossing around/battle tactitian.

Law can easily take a step back and focus into other things if he were to join, while remaining a backup doctor of sorts. Oda can also highlight Chopper as a better doctor by having him create medicine for stuff Law can't cure. Chopper doesn't want to be the doctor king, he wants to create a cure for everything.

Bepo was also on a color spread with other first mates, he's obviously not in the same league though it shows that Law and his crew have weight in the narrative from being part of the new era..
Bepo was lumped in with Zoro and they both share the spotlight, that clearly shows that they're together lol.

The biggest problem Law will always have is his crew and portrayal next to Luffy. If Law were to join, that means his crew has to assimilate with the SHs and the statement of him leading the era next to Luffy and Kid has to be reworked.

I know yall think Law would make the smart move of ditching his garbage crew, but they have no home to go back to and they need him to even function at sea. It's more in character for him to assimilate his crew like Ace did when he joined Whitebeard.

The biggest problem Law will always have is his crew and portrayal next to Luffy. If Law were to join, that means his crew has to assimilate with the SHs and the statement of him leading the era next to Luffy and Kid has to be reworked.

I know yall think Law would make the smart move of ditching his garbage crew, but they have no home to go back to and they need him to even function at sea. It's more in character for him to assimilate his crew like Ace did when he joined Whitebeard.
I just think he either temporarily dismantles them or he leaves them in Zou. Yeah I really have no idea what Oda would do with them, but I think the idea of them knowing they're holding back Law has been subtly hinted at.

He already did that Vs Doffy and was totally fine with dying and leaving them in Zou, it wouldn't be extremely out of character for him to do it again specially if he does get their blessing.

Tho I do prefer a Davy back fight scenario

I just think he either temporarily dismantles them or he leaves them in Zou. Yeah I really have no idea what Oda would do with them, but I think the idea of them knowing they're holding back Law has been subtly hinted at.
It would be weird writing if they show they want to be useful for their captain then accept that they're nothing but dead weight in his journey. That was the whole dilemma of Usopp in Water 7 after all and Oda already showed his answer to that.
He already did that Vs Doffy and was totally fine with dying and leaving them in Zou, it wouldn't be extremely out of character for him to do it again specially if he does get their blessing.

Tho I do prefer a Davy back fight scenario
I agree if they accept that they're dead weight. In all honesty, that's the logical route if Law was solely goal-orientated, but OP cares more about friendship than logic. Law has shown as well that he values his emotion over logic sometimes.

It would be weird writing if they show they want to be useful for their captain then accept that they're nothing but dead weight in his journey. That was the whole dilemma of Usopp in Water 7 after all and Oda already showed his answer to that.

I agree if they accept that they're dead weight. In all honesty, that's the logical route if Law was solely goal-orientated, but OP cares more about friendship than logic. Law has shown as well that he values his emotion over logic sometimes.
yeah like I've said I don't have an answer for the bums, I think the easy route is for them to tell Law to follow his dream with the Straw Hats similar to Franky and Jinbe. I don't think Oda would write Law rejecting them if its an emotional moment from them. After all One Piece is about following your dreams.

But like I've said Oda can actually write a davy back fight that matters between the crews for Robin and Luffy could end up recruiting Law instead.

I ignored nothing. We're not circle jerking Law's chances, we're acknowledging the setbacks and discussing whether or not they disqualify Law. If you haven't seen these points adressed then you haven't been reading the whole discussion.

While I understand your point, I think a bigger theme of One Piece than friendship has been letting the people you love go if it means they can follow their dreams. This was hammered in with Ussop when Kaya lied about not wanting him to leave, Sanji when the cooks pretended to hate his food so he'd give up his sense of responsibility to them, Franky when the Franky family stole his speedo to force him to go to the Sunny, and Jinbei when his crew gave their blessing (though this is the one case where he actively asked for it). Arguably Chopper to an extent as well. Law can't possibly reach laugh tale with his crew. I don't think he will simply decide to abandon them, but them actively letting him go would be very in line with the series.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Luffy, Kidd and Law are portrayed as the front runners of the new generation. All 3 were bickering amongst each other, and Law reacted exactly the same towards Luffy and Kidd in that he flipped out and told them to not give him orders. He vehemently denied being Luffy's subordinate and was pissed at the idea. That happened multiple times.

Even after wanting to find out the truth of his name and being interested in the One Piece, he hated the idea of being Luffy's crewmate.

Luffy, Kidd and Law are portrayed as the front runners of the new generation. All 3 were bickering amongst each other, and Law reacted exactly the same towards Luffy and Kidd in that he flipped out and told them to not give him orders. He vehemently denied being Luffy's subordinate and was pissed at the idea. That happened multiple times.

Even after wanting to find out the truth of his name and being interested in the One Piece, he hated the idea of being Luffy's crewmate.
True but I just think it’s Law being a tsundere. If you notice Law complains about stuff but ends up doing it anyways

Obviously Law hasn't resigned himself to join the strawhats, at least not yet. But at the same time, he can't achieve his dream without Luffy's help. At the very least, Robin's help is a requirement. I think the idea @Roo had that Law may challenge Luffy to a Davy Back style fight over Robin is pretty reasonable. That would be the only way he could get her to translate his poneglyphs since Luffy's not about to hand out free tickets to laugh tale to rival pirate crews, and it also allows Law to join the crew with his honor in tact when he loses. Realistically it's his only hope of achieving his dream. If he wins, he can do it on his own, and if he loses, he has to do it as a subordinate, but he still gets to achieve his dream. This would also be a great way to put their rivalry to rest in a way that makes sense for Law, rather than him just giving up.

Status
Not open for further replies.