Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was Kaido giving his child the fruit, I don't know why he'd go with the rival of a dragon. He wants Yamato to be his loyal subordinate, and even now thinks Yamato will willingly be shogun on his behalf. Doesn't seem like he'd choose something that traditionally goes against dragons.

Plus, he's got his pick of fruits to choose from for his top officers, and they were all ancient types. The obvious missing one? T-Rex.
I dont think one piece characters are situationally aware of real Chinese Folklore lol.

I don't think that Yamato's devil fruit can have the name Neko Neko no Mi because Rob Lucci's devil fruit has that name. Niku Niku no Mi also seems unlikely since there is already a devil fruit with this name:
https://oproleplaying.fandom.com/wiki/Niku_Niku_no_Mi
Rob Lucci has the Neko Neko no Mi Model: Leopard. But there are a lot more types cats than just Leopards. Lol

Multiple users can have the same kind of devil fruit, as long as they are different models.

For example.

Last edited:
I was about to say, there are different models of animal fruits based on their model. Lucci's model is leopard and recently Who's Who's model is saber tiger.

That said, I don't see how "neko" follows the numbering pattern when it isn't written numerically in hiragana or katakana as far as I know. "Nikyu" (ニキュ) or even Kin'emon's "Fuku" (フク) follows that numbering paradigm literally.

They don't have to be situationally aware of it to simply not do it.
? That literally does not make sense. The same could be said for the opposite. Oda would do because he may or may not want to reference the folklore. Kaido not deciding to gift his child a DF because it has negative folklore connotations would mean that he's aware of the real mythos behind that, which was my point. Oda does references like this all the time and nobody is self aware of real world references.

? That literally does not make sense. The same could be said for the opposite. Oda would do because he may or may not want to reference the folklore. Kaido not deciding to gift his child a DF because it has negative folklore connotations would mean that he's aware of the real mythos behind that, which was my point. Oda does references like this all the time and nobody is self aware of real world references.
My point is, if Kaido doesn't know about that traditional rivalry between dragons and tigers, he wouldn't go out of his way to get a Byakko fruit when he clearly values ancient models more for his top officers; he simply wouldn't do it. The only reason to get it would be if he DOES know about that folklore, and in that case, he definitely wouldn't do it because he wants Yamato to be his successor, not his rival.

My point is, if Kaido doesn't know about that traditional rivalry between dragons and tigers, he wouldn't go out of his way to get a Byakko fruit when he clearly values ancient models more for his top officers; he simply wouldn't do it. The only reason to get it would be if he DOES know about that folklore, and in that case, he definitely wouldn't do it because he wants Yamato to be his successor, not his rival.
I think you are way over thinking Oda just giving Yamato the fruit because it just works.

I was about to say, there are different models of animal fruits based on their model. Lucci's model is leopard and recently Who's Who's model is saber tiger.

That said, I don't see how "neko" follows the numbering pattern when it isn't written numerically in hiragana or katakana as far as I know. "Nikyu" (ニキュ) or even Kin'emon's "Fuku" (フク) follows that numbering paradigm literally.

Could you elaborate more on where the Neko Neko no mi name came from?
White Tiger is "cat". Also, Neko for 2.9 needs a more thorough understanding

Why no T-Rex?

- I believe Kaido won't give Yamato an Ancient fruit because it's on the "same level" as his subordinates. Giving her a Mythical fruit ensure "superiority" just by type alone.

- Yamato is Emperor's (special) child. Just like Katakuri who gets a special Paramecia, Oda/Kaido would give special treatment too for Yamato. A Mythical fruit should do.

- Popular theory among fans says that Yamato might be a Stonemason. Her Byakko's abilities fit well with this job. This also ensure that she's excellent with her role, just like other SH in their role.

- Another popular theory says that one of the CP0 agent have mythical turtle fruit. And since phoenix (distant vermillion bird cousin, haha) is there, along with Azure Dragon, might as well make Yamato a White Tiger.

- Personally, I think T-Rex is boring and won't have special additional abilities. Too similar to Chopper, it won't make Yamato special.

I think you are way over thinking Oda just giving Yamato the fruit because it just works.
Works how? Because it's certainly not based on what the story has shown up to now. All of Kaido's top men have ancient fruits, not mythical ones. The one Cat-Cat fruit we've seen in his crew is Who's-Who's, the saber-toothed cat. The whole Byakko thing is the fandom's idea, but it doesn't just work for quite a few reasons.

I put forth the T-Rex idea because it actually fits with Kaido's M-O: a towering, powerful ancient Zoan that is incredibly iconic and still has yet to appear, and would be a natural choice for Kaido to give to his successor.

We cant just deny the fact that yamato had somwhat an sh treatment there. All those shown were the shs that are fighting, if oda really intended to show the whole picture and not just highlight those sh fighting, he should have shown peros vs carrots, drake vs apoo, marco vs king etc. but nope,

Oda purposely showed all the strawhats who are in the middle of fights and she included Yamato in there.

And considering the narration of the CP0, these sh's shown need to defeat the officers which is crucial to the victory of the war. Yamato omce again highlighted and shows his relevance to the current plot, that shes heavily involve in this war and had the same treatment with brook in thriller bark and jinbeband fishman

Write your reply...Correct. Even if that's not a SH treatment, she's either considered as "new generation" or will fight an executives.

--

One thing I noticed since the byakko post, during Yamato fight against Sasaki, one of her move is a ranged attack, using a kanabo. Later on, one of her named techniques is also a ranged attack, oneshotting Hacha. Presumably, both of these are air attack, no haki for the former, and with haki with the latter. Think Zoro's flying slash.

If she's a byakko, with affinity with wind/metal, then those attacks were indirect hints.

Works how? Because it's certainly not based on what the story has shown up to now. All of Kaido's top men have ancient fruits, not mythical ones. The one Cat-Cat fruit we've seen in his crew is Who's-Who's, the saber-toothed cat. The whole Byakko thing is the fandom's idea, but it doesn't just work for quite a few reasons.

I put forth the T-Rex idea because it actually fits with Kaido's M-O: a towering, powerful ancient Zoan that is incredibly iconic and still has yet to appear, and would be a natural choice for Kaido to give to his successor.
It doesnt work with your headcanon of the character you mean.

Yamato isn't a BP executive. Her DF is also the last one being shown in the crew at the moment. There is an equal chance of her fruit being a mythical one or an ancient.

Really nothing else to it.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
We cant just deny the fact that yamato had somwhat an sh treatment there. All those shown were the shs that are fighting, if oda really intended to show the whole picture and not just highlight those sh fighting, he should have shown peros vs carrots, drake vs apoo, marco vs king etc. but nope,

Oda purposely showed all the strawhats who are in the middle of fights and she included Yamato in there.

And considering the narration of the CP0, these sh's shown need to defeat the officers which is crucial to the victory of the war. Yamato omce again highlighted and shows his relevance to the current plot, that shes heavily involve in this war and had the same treatment with brook in thriller bark and jinbeband fishman
Listen, I don’t wanna place outsized importance on a single panel...but Oda could have given us an update/cameo of literally anyone else on Wano (including two other actual Straw Hats in Chopper and Robin), and he decided to show Yamato in action. Can’t help but think there’s some kind of fire attached to all this smoke :perocry:

It doesnt work with your headcanon of the character you mean.

Yamato isn't a BP executive. Her DF is also the last one being shown in the crew at the moment. There is an equal chance of her fruit being a mythical one or an ancient.

Really nothing else to it.
And your headcannon is that Kaido doesn't have a clue about folklore and randomly thinks that, rather than a dino like all his other top men got, the best fruit for his heir would be a tiger just because. Obviously all I have is what I see the story presenting, so you just gotta do you and we'll see who's right, if anyone.

Last edited:
And your headcannon is that Kaido doesn't have a clue about folklore and randomly thinks that, rather than a dino like all his other top men got, the best fruit for his heir would be a tiger just because. Obviously all I have is what I see the story presenting, so you just gotta do you and we'll see who's right, if anyone.
Kaido's subordinates have ancient zoan, so it would be logical for his successor to have a mythical zoan, which is rarer and more powerful like his own.

We also don't know if Kaido gave the DF to Yamato or if, on the contrary, Kaido kept it to give it to a BP officer and Yamato ate it, as Luffy did.

No, my headcanon is that anything can happen. Did you not read my post? I literally said it could go either way.

You clearly have a problem with Yamato outshining Carrot. Thats a problem for you, not for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.