Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know what Carrot "needs" because the battle isn't over yet, that's the point.
She needs to either reform the Nox Pirates in order to continue Pedro's will or replace Pedro's post in Nekoguards...

FORCED PARALLEL TIME

If we see Carrot as the second New World recruit, we can apply third recruit (Usopp, Franky) parallels to Yamato.

These parallels are noticed by several Wikia editors, not me. Credit is on them, check SHP page on wiki.

- They also go by a different name (Sogeking, Cutty Flam, Oden)
- They were first introduced accompanied by their "subordinates" (Usopp Pirates . Franky Family, Beast Pirates)
- They fought/briefly clashed with Luffy
- They were introduced in an arc where there is a plot of the main antagonist to kill a friend of them (Kaya, Iceburg, Momonosuke)
- They are child of pirates
- They have dreams consisting in a process rather than a specific goal
- They fight with weapons
- They have/can do powerful ranged attacks

If we list Yamato as 2nd recruit of the sea region ( Nami Robin) :

1. Introduce themselves on higher elevation while looking below at Luffy
- Nami : roof
- Robin : railing of the Going Merry
- Yamato : ceiling (and she's taller)
2. They needed to convince Luffy to join first
- Nami : ask to partner
- Robin : invite herself in
- Yamato : request to board the ship
3. They're related to other crews who is the main antagonist of an arc
- Nami : Arlong Pirates
- Robin : Baroque Works
- Yamato : Beast Pirates
4. They experienced a great conflict at a young age related to their hometown
- Nami : village domination
- Robin : Ohara incident
- Yamato : Wano coup
5. Luffy helps overcome their burden related to their past
- Nami : wrecks her maps & defeating Arlong
- Robin : survived Buster Call & declares war against World Government
- Yamato : destroy her shackles & defeating Kaido
6. Their dreams are inspired/related by paper-based work
- Nami : maps
- Robin : books
- Yamato : journal
7. Their dreams require them to explore the world
- Nami : draws world maps
- Robin : searching for Poneg & true history
- Yamato : going out & experience the outside world
8. Linked to the concept of freedom & liberation
- Nami : freeing the village out of invader's occupation
- Robin : dubbed as the Light of Revolution
- Yamato : free herself from her caged life & opening Wano's border
This one's quite hard and tricky to disprove...

why people wants so badly weakling like vivi in the crew?
She's already "a member"... And she's the only weakling that is welcome to the crew since her plot deeply ties with the Void Century and Im...

If I'm allowed to be blunt, this Raid also acts as confirmation to "disqualify" some candidates. For example:

- Usopp climb to the top mast of Sunny and acts as the scout (disqualifying Carrot)
- Zoro showing fire cut ability (disqualifying Kinemon)
- Momo's declaration (disqualifying Momo)
- Law making sure to show us he doesn't like/want to get ordered around (disqualifying Law)
- Tama's intention to make Wano a better place) disqualifying Tama)

I'm not trying to be biased, but Yamato interacting with Momo is per Luffy's order, so even if this can be a disqualifying point, it's a bit weak. Besides, she "meets" Luffy first instead a "chance encounter" with Momo.

Of course, some of these are weak reasons, so we can ignore it. Even so, it makes you wonder.
  • And Usopp did way better than Carrot as a lookout at that time...
  • And it's likely yet to be Zoro's best fire cutting technique...
  • And Momo's destined to be the next Shogun anyway...
  • And Law already has a crew...
  • And Tama has to continue her training...
Yamato already did and shown everything she has to do in order to qualify for the crew...

She needs to either reform the Nox Pirates in order to continue Pedro's will or replace Pedro's post in Nekoguards...
The purpose of the Nox Pirates was to bring about the dawn of the world using the Poneglyphs. With his last words, Pedro told Carrot that the Straw Hats were the ones who would bring that dawn. Whatever she does in the future will be in direct service to them. Sure, making a brand new crew could do that, but the Straw Hats are already finding Poneglyphs for Robin, and Carrot has a mandate to help them directly.
Post automatically merged:

And more than 1200 points apart :kizabat::akaman:
Bully for you, really. Not like the poll has ever determined who will be a Straw Hat, but congrats all the same.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Bully for you, really. Not like the poll has ever determined who will be a Straw Hat, but congrats all the same.
Exactly how I meant it, too...wasn’t just an observation about the disparity of their respective popularities, but a hard piece of evidence that one will join over the other. Please tell me you understand the intent and sarcasm in THIS comment, because it sounds like you missed it in my last.

Exactly how I meant it, too...wasn’t just an observation about the disparity of their respective popularities, but a hard piece of evidence that one will join over the other. Please tell me you understand the intent and sarcasm in THIS comment, because it sounds like you missed it in my last.
Oh no, I got that the first time. I'm just encouraging you to yuk it up while you can.

I assume that we'll see the Robin/Sanji, Brook, Jinbe, Yamato scenes next chapter (Oda seemed to be going in order based on that one CP-0 page in 1003).

If Yamato is fighting Jack or someone significant, that's a huge point to her considering like all other Strawhats, she's fighting Beast Pirate.

Edit: Thinking about it now, it quite literally has to be Jack. Shes there on the page where the executives are mentioned, indicating shes facing a F5 or Calamity. Virtually every executive is accounted for, EXCEPT Jack:

- Ulti/P1- Chasing Nami/Usopp
- Sasaki- With Franky
- WsW- With Jinbe
- Black Maria- With Sanji
- Queen and King- With Marco

Like unless its fodder (the Numbers are seemingly too stupid to find them, but maybe) or Orochi's henchmen, which would make it weird as to why Oda put her there when CP-0 mentioned Beast Pirate executives, it literally has to be Jack lol.

unless its the Ace :afrokappa:

Last edited:
@ oli : yeah, like the guy above said, that Tama's words "a place where I can eat" sounds like she wants to be in Wano for some more time

--

My "parallels" earlier came with the premise of Carrot as 2nd recruit. The problem with disqualifying her stems from her "subplot". Oda gave her (and Law's) storyline to be still relevant even after Wano. While Pero's appearance can act as the "conclusion", it can also acts as her test/ticket in becoming the next nakama.

--

Speaking of that poll..

Katakuri
- Haoshoku
- Advanced level Haki
- Special DF

Yamato

Katakuri is a special son of Mama and hinted multiple times to be her successor...
He will get special & preferential treatment from Oda in order to make him exclusive & fit to bear the "son of Yonkou" name...
Its no wonder if he gets those three points compared to Yamato...

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Katakuri is a special son of Mama and hinted multiple times to be her successor...
He will get special & preferential treatment from Oda in order to make him exclusive & fit to bear the "son of Yonkou" name...
Its no wonder if he gets those three points compared to Yamato...
In the same way that Katakuri is presumed to be the heir apparent of the Big Mom Pirates, Kaido stated that he wants Yamato to be the shogun of Wano after he takes over...the difference is that Katakuri is an active participant in his mother’s organization and has shown full loyalty to her whereas Yamato openly despises her father and seeks to defy him by helping Luffy out now and later. Not exactly apples to apples here.

The purpose of the Nox Pirates was to bring about the dawn of the world using the Poneglyphs. With his last words, Pedro told Carrot that the Straw Hats were the ones who would bring that dawn. Whatever she does in the future will be in direct service to them. Sure, making a brand new crew could do that, but the Straw Hats are already finding Poneglyphs for Robin, and Carrot has a mandate to help them directly.
SHs are for Road Poneglyphs, Carrot and her potential group would be looking for the rest of the Poneglyphs around the world... The SHs will least likely to travel to the blue regions to find the rest...

The purpose of the Nox Pirates has been served
Not yet... They have yet to collect every Poneglyphs available from other regions... So there's that or Carrot being elevated as Nekoguard...

Yamato is a special daughter of Kaido and hinted multiple times to be his successor...
She will get special & preferential treatment from Oda in order to make her exclusive & fit to bear the "daughter of Yonkou" name...
Its no wonder if she doesn't get those three points compared to Katakuri, because a potential SH can't overshadow Luffy/Zoro (abilities & feat)
Luffy and Zoro would be Yonko slayers... Yamato is just a Yonko child...

My "parallels" earlier came with the premise of Carrot as 2nd recruit. The problem with disqualifying her stems from her "subplot". Oda gave her (and Law's) storyline to be still relevant even after Wano. While Pero's appearance can act as the "conclusion", it can also acts as her test/ticket in becoming the next nakama.
Her role in the Mokomo Dukedom is so relevant and that Pedro's vacated Nekoguard post is still vacant... I can see her leading the Mink warriors in the final war under Chobro's "command"...

Status
Not open for further replies.