Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen, if there's any consolation because I don't want to see Carrot fans get truly demolished over this, Brook technically had the same thing happen to him. He did not win his fight, Zoro had to win it for him and he still joined. I think my only problem with Carrot is resourcefulness and lack of focus to her character. Her fight being offscreened and not seen in nearly 10 chapters is a problem to me.
Brook’s fight went over two chapters, gave a full flashback of his time on Thriller Bark, had it revealed that he was the one Laboon was waiting for, actually showed the fight with Ryuma and was interposed with Luffy talking about how he loved Brook and was going to get him on his crew no matter what.

Even being kind, it is a gomu gomu of a stretch to compare it to Brook just cause they both got beaten.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I’m not saying that Carrot’s chances of joining is impossible now, but getting off screened by Perospero is not a good look. No amount of spin is going to change that.
She's useless without Sulong and imagine the amount of plot armor Oda would need to go thru to give that shit a chance to fight stronger opponents.

Oh, look another Full Moon just when Carrot started fighting. Coincidence? and all of that LMAO.

Brook’s fight went over two chapters, gave a full flashback of his time on Thriller Bark, had it revealed that he was the one Laboon was waiting for, actually showed the fight with Ryuma and was interposed with Luffy talking about how he loved Brook and was going to get him on his crew no matter what.

Even being kind, it is a gomu gomu of a stretch to compare it to Brook just cause they both got beaten.
I totally understand that, I'm just being nice lol. But yeah its a moot point and I personally don't see any relevancy to Carrot at this point.

Carrot got her reality check in that delusional head of hers. Carrot fans really suits one another.

There's no point in a rematch, why do you think Perospero didn't kill her? To show he didn't kill Pedro and that her supposed revenge doesn't exist. The feud that Carrot has with Perospero stops right there, unless she's the most moronic character ever. He even tells her if she thought she entered Big Mom's territory for pinicking or some crap.

Carrot fans want her to be a nakama so much, you don't look at the other side of the coin. Ever considered that she could switch target?

Carrot for Nakama is finished, get over it. Not that it was at any moment a real option.
I'm eargerly waiting to see what's in her screwed up wonderland brain. Her character make no sense, still a dumpster with one filthy plastic bag in it.

See what I mean?

That's why I, for one, am going to let what happens next happen without further comment. Maybe Carrot will get up. Maybe she won't. Whatever happens next relies on that.
Well said👏 this is it, this is why having 50:50 belief of carrot's joining is interesting because she's not that promising but also has a chance above 0% and it makes her always be discussed (or even shitted). I want yamato to join and it's kinda too on your nose (and none of the crew has this much clarity in spite of "foreshadowing") so there's no more questioning, but for carrot it's always has its debate, it changes overtime we got a little glimpe of her. I wanted carrot so badly dozens of chapters ago but for now I'll just wait what kind of decision that oda will make, join or not it's not a problem to me but I know that there'll be something.

I think Carrot will get up and do something significant, otherwise why have her remembering Pedro telling her to keep moving forward? Wouldn't make sense for Carrot to simply listen to Perospero, he's literally telling her she doesn't have what it takes while slapping her around. I don't expect her to just take her pal, Wanda, and go home though I get why some people think that'll happen. Carrot looks like she could still get up and she has the motivation to (Pedro's). Regardless of whether she joins (though I'd prefer if she does), I see her getting up and facing someone soon enough. Likely Perospero again to prove him wrong.

Last edited:
I just think that if carrot will be forgotten after this, why did oda only show her in defeat but not wanda? Since pedro was like her best friend since childhood
Cause Perospero didn't kill Pedro? Wanda got dragged into this on Carrot's words alone which is a machination. Carrots all kind of messed up. I must say i'm curious to learn where this is going to go. Do you really know who Carrot is?

In the 1 of millionth chance that Oda has a masterplan for Carrot, becoming a Strawhat is definitely not the one.

If Perospero actually helps Marco fighting the calamities, that's 1 less reason for Carrot vs Peros round 2.

Haven't read the chapter yet, only read the spoiler. But when Perospero said "don't want to team with Beast Pirates, but let's teach those youngsters a lesson" it seems like a trap from Oda. Oda makes it seem that Peros will side with the calamities and remain a villain, but actually it will be the opposite.

Cause Perospero didn't kill Pedro? Wanda got dragged into this on Carrot's words alone which is a machination. Carrots all kind of messed up. I must say i'm curious to learn where this is going to go. Do you really know who Carrot is?

In the 1 of millionth chance that Oda has a masterplan for Carrot, becoming a Strawhat is definitely not the one.
Wow, so much hate just for the sake of hate. How do you people even live with yourselves?

It was never strength that is the most important of a crew even nami didn't take down anybody, it's always how the emotion of each shown.
Except that the series is nearing its end, the crew is being setup to be a Yonko tier crew which can match Shanks' crew... Adding a weakling is just a regression... It's easier to show emotional/character progression (like what Oda did to Sanji) than to show power progression without having too much BS in a short amount of time, unless one is being totally off-screened/paneled for a long time (like Koby, Vivi, BB, and the SHGF)...

From what I see Carrot is going to have a similar role to Rebecca. She also couldn't do anything against Diamante and once someone (Sanji, Chopper, etc.) defeats Peros, Carrot's story will be over just like Rebecca's. I don't see Carrot having any interest in being a pirate tbh.
This... If any, it just hinted heavily that (*insert ominous music*) Pedro is still alive and will return to finish the "real unfinished business"... Carrot is doing a false revenge for something that doesn't exist...

She's useless without Sulong and imagine the amount of plot armor Oda would need to go thru to give that shit a chance to fight stronger opponents.

Oh, look another Full Moon just when Carrot started fighting. Coincidence? and all of that LMAO.
Just to add, Wanda has to join her with a Full Moon to be effective temporary distractions, not in battle against vets or stronger... At most I can see them high-diff'ng the likes of Batman or Alpacaman individually and Hold'em and Babanuki together without Full Moon...

Carrot got her reality check in that delusional head of hers. Carrot fans really suits one another.

There's no point in a rematch, why do you think Perospero didn't kill her? To show he didn't kill Pedro and that her supposed revenge doesn't exist. The feud that Carrot has with Perospero stops right there, unless she's the most moronic character ever. He even tells her if she thought she entered Big Mom's territory for pinicking or some crap.

Carrot fans want her to be a nakama so much, you don't look at the other side of the coin. Ever considered that she could switch target?

Carrot for Nakama is finished, get over it. Not that it was at any moment a real option.
I'm eargerly waiting to see what's in her screwed up wonderland brain. Her character make no sense, still a dumpster with one filthy plastic bag in it.
Exactly this...

Her flashback and moment is even inferior to that of Hyogoro... Hyogoro's regrets and satisfaction had heavier impact than Carrot's eagerness for revenge which is empty...

You know what, I really feel bad for Wanda being dragged because of a false revenge and likely "fabricated" story by Carrot that "Pedro was killed by Peros"...

I remember Carrot telling Sanji to move forward as Pedro mentioned, yet it is her who can't...

If Perospero actually helps Marco fighting the calamities, that's 1 less reason for Carrot vs Peros round 2.

Haven't read the chapter yet, only read the spoiler. But when Perospero said "don't want to team with Beast Pirates, but let's teach those youngsters a lesson" it seems like a trap from Oda. Oda makes it seem that Peros will side with the calamities and remain a villain, but actually it will be the opposite.
At the very least he would let Marco and King kill each other out since he's having a grudge against both... Queen is another story...

I do not think the fact some of us hate carrot. It just base on presentation wise Yamato is looking a lot better than carrot is she doing well in comparison.
Even without Yamato, Carrot's chances remains the same... But I agree that Carrot's chances doesn't solely depend on other having better or worse chances but mostly the way she's being presented... Even the main focus of the chapter and the cliffhanger panel is not about her...

From what I see Carrot is going to have a similar role to Rebecca. She also couldn't do anything against Diamante and once someone (Sanji, Chopper, etc.) defeats Peros, Carrot's story will be over just like Rebecca's. I don't see Carrot having any interest in being a pirate tbh.
No, Rebecca's story and setup was far superior, carrot has none. No way they are the same case.

Wow, so much hate just for the sake of hate. How do you people even live with yourselves?
That was like one of my least hateful comment on Carrot. But yeah i just bring balance in the force, i live for the sole purpose of hating on Carrot. If you read some of my post you will know that i consider Carrot to be an empty dumpster. Though i will admit that i'm a little interested as the direction her character will take with this chapter. Her first meaningful bit of character development.

Exactly this...

Her flashback and moment is even inferior to that of Hyogoro... Hyogoro's regrets and satisfaction had heavier impact than Carrot's eagerness for revenge which is empty...
I didn't think of it that way, though you're absolutely right. Well Hyogoro had the chapter named after him, overshadowing Carrot's plot line.

You know what, I really feel bad for Wanda being dragged because of a false revenge and likely "fabricated" story by Carrot that "Pedro was killed by Peros"...

I remember Carrot telling Sanji to move forward as Pedro mentioned, yet it is her who can't...
Yeah, that's just messed up. Wanda was actually closer to Pedro than Carrot ever was, she's being misslead instead of letting her grief.

He is not wrong, what does she prove. He just gave her the reality check
Fair enough but I was more so referring to the stuff about her not being cut out to be a pirate and how it would be best for her to get lost. Yeah, he's right about how she went about things and her general attitude but she could still prove him wrong by showing she can be of help to the alliance. But yeah, most of his assertions were spot on.
Post automatically merged:

Why would she explain the situation to Sanji, telling him that Pedro risked his life to save them and allow them to escape then switch to Wanda and tell her Perospero randomly murdered Pedro? I think both acknowledge that Perospero isn't directly at fault but that doesn't change the fact that the only reason Pedro risked his life is because Perospero was preventing them from escaping and that would've resulted in everyone's deaths and while he was justified in doing that, it doesn't change the fact that Pedro sacrificed his life to hold back Perospero and that ultimately didn't kill him. I'm just trying to say that Carrot most likely acknowledges that Perospero wasn't directly responsible for Pedro's death but she still holds a grudge due to the circumstances surrounding it.

Last edited:
Why would she explain the situation to Sanji, telling him that Pedro risked his life to save them and allow them to escape then switch to Wanda and tell her Perospero randomly murdered Pedro? I think both acknowledge that Perospero isn't directly at fault but that doesn't change the fact that the only reason Pedro risked his life is because Perospero was preventing them from escaping and that would've resulted in everyone's deaths and while he was justified in doing that, it doesn't change the fact that Pedro sacrificed his life to hold back Perospero and that ultimately didn't kill him. I'm just trying to say that Carrot most likely acknowledges that Perospero wasn't directly responsible for Pedro's death but she still holds a grudge due to the circumstances surrounding it.
In chapter 995 Wanda asks Carrot if he's the one who killed Pedro and Carrot reply by yes, if it wasn't for him... How can it be more clearer that Carrot fed her missinformations based on her distorted perception of reality. Carrot telling Sanji that Pedro risked his life doesn't contradict whether Pedro killed himself or got Killed.

Like Carrot, your rationale is very narrow. If you're going to take the route of Pedro got killed because Perospero was preventing them from escaping. You should go all the way and look at how all this even happened in the first place. The answer was given in this chapter, the invasion of Big Mom's territory. So Carrot in her messed up brain of hers, she should blame the major instigators such as Big mom herself the head of Yonko territory or Luffy who made the decision to invade or Sanji the damsel in distress being the trigger of everything, or even Carrot herself for living in wonderland.

2nd that, even if she's not join this chapter truly shows that carrot's emotion is playing here. Most of the current crews got their lowest part when they were going to join (usopp's inability to protect his village, same as nami, and robin wanted to die twice). Defeat is one important part of a character so join or not, oda is building something into it.
I almost forgotten that even some Strawhats gotten a few Ls before they even joined, some more extreme than others. This is not even a defense of Carrot (don’t care what happens with her character), but I love to keep track of L’s.

Sanji getting cheapshot by Pearl and struggling with Gin, Robin’s failed assassination of and near death at the hands of Crocodile (How the fuck did she not think of coating her knife with water if she knew of his DF for so long?), Franky getting battered by base Lucci and almost getting killed by Blueno (Yes, he was close to fucking killing him with a Shigan. I can guarantee you Blueno’s Shigan is deadlier than the likes of Fukuro’s), Brook almost getting killed by Ryuma after a rematch, Jinbe’s big fat loss against Ace after a ten day fight with him and getting captured by the marines, and Chopper being shot in the face by Wapol after believing in his lies to spare him (This one pissed me off for many years and still do).

Luffy is excluded since he’s the captain, Zoro was already captured in a mix up and I have doubts that it was a true L, plot armor is ALWAYS on Nami’s side, and someone already mentioned Usopp’s L of being knocked around by Kuro and Jango.

I almost forgotten that even some Strawhats gotten a few Ls before they even joined, some more extreme than others. This is not even a defense of Carrot (don’t care what happens with her character), but I love to keep track of L’s.

Sanji getting cheapshot by Pearl and struggling with Gin, Robin’s failed assassination of and near death at the hands of Crocodile (How the fuck did she not think of coating her knife with water if she knew of his DF for so long?), Franky getting battered by base Lucci and almost getting killed by Blueno (Yes, he was close to fucking killing him with a Shigan. I can guarantee you Blueno’s Shigan is deadlier than the likes of Fukuro’s), Brook almost getting killed by Ryuma after a rematch, Jinbe’s big fat loss against Ace after a ten day fight with him and getting captured by the marines, and Chopper being shot in the face by Wapol after believing in his lies to spare him (This one pissed me off for many years and still do).

Luffy is excluded since he’s the captain, Zoro was already captured in a mix up and I have doubts that it was a true L, plot armor is ALWAYS on Nami’s side, and someone already mentioned Usopp’s L of being knocked around by Kuro and Jango.
IIRC the only reason why is cuz he did it for the little girl Rika or so. It's more like a W if anything. kek
Never understood this communities Horniness with giving out L's and W's... It's all sort of Retarded tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.