Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In chapter 995 Wanda asks Carrot if he's the one who killed Pedro and Carrot reply by yes, if it wasn't for him... How can it be more clearer that Carrot fed her missinformations based on her distorted perception of reality. Carrot telling Sanji that Pedro risked his life doesn't contradict whether Pedro killed himself or got Killed.

Like Carrot, your rationale is very narrow. If you're going to take the route of Pedro got killed because Perospero was preventing them from escaping. You should go all the way and look at how all this even happened in the first place. The answer was given in this chapter, the invasion of Big Mom's territory. So Carrot in her messed up brain of hers, she should blame the major instigators such as Big mom herself the head of Yonko territory or Luffy who made the decision to invade or Sanji the damsel in distress being the trigger of everything, or even Carrot herself for living in wonderland.

I don't post scans but I just looked at the chapter and after Wanda asks if that's Pedro's killer, she responds "Yes, if it wasn't for him..." which kind of implies that it wasn't directly Perospero's doing. The next panel is Perospero emphasising that he didn't murder Perospero then Carrot saying that she believes that Pedro's sacrifice is related to the war. She flat-out states that Pedro "sacrificed" himself. No false information, Perospero stopped the Straw Hats from escaping which caused Pedro to sacrifice himself. She even clarifies that it was a "sacrifice," not that Pedro was randomly murdered. Unless we say that Carrot saying Pedro sacrificed himself, means that she's telling Wanda that Perospero flat-out killed him which wouldn't make sense. It's comes off as Carrot telling Wanda that Perospero was inadvertently responsible for Pedro's death as she even highlights it as a "sacrifice" but I understand your interpretation.

And in regards to Carrot seeing Perospero as inadvertently responsible and not blaming Luffy and Sanji, I don't see why she must view it the way you do. She even tells Sanji that it was Pedro's decision to sacrifice himself and that Pedro wouldn't have wanted them to feel sorry for themselves but suddenly she should blame Sanji and Luffy, according to you? That would be directly going against what Pedro would've wanted, according to both Sanji and Carrot. You just want her hating on Sanji cause you have issues with him despite the fact that she tells Sanji that Pedro wouldn't have wanted Sanji to beat himself up over it. She understands that Pedro made that sacrifice for everyone and realises that Perospero isn't directly responsible but he still affected the crew and caused Pedro to make the sacrifice. Just because she understands Pedro made that choice, doesn't mean she can't want to take down Perospero, who's literally the dude that Pedro died trying to stop yet ultimately failed. Not to mention the fact that Perospero is one of the stronger members of the enemy's forces. She literally tells Marco to go on ahead as her and Wanda will handle Perospero.

Apologies but I see no issue with Carrot wanting to take down Perospero when Pedro died to do just that and Perospero is one of the strongest guys on the enemy side. But perhaps, we'll have Carrot contemplate the situation and let go of any desire to beat Perospero mainly out of revenge since Pedro told her to move forward and instead go about it with a more level-headed approach.

Last edited:
I don't post scans but I just looked at the chapter and after Wanda asks if that's Pedro's killer, she responds "Yes, if it wasn't for him..." which kind of implies that it wasn't directly Perospero's doing. The next panel is Perospero emphasising that he didn't murder Perospero then Carrot saying that she believes that Pedro's sacrifice is related to the war. She flat-out states that Pedro "sacrificed" himself. No false information, Perospero stopped the Straw Hats from escaping which caused Pedro to sacrifice himself. She even clarifies that it was a "sacrifice," not that Pedro was randomly murdered. Unless we say that Carrot saying Pedro sacrificed himself, means that she's telling Wanda that Perospero flat-out killed him which wouldn't make sense. It's comes off as Carrot telling Wanda that Perospero was inadvertently responsible for Pedro's death as she even highlights it as a "sacrifice" but I understand your interpretation.

And in regards to Carrot seeing Perospero as inadvertently responsible and not blaming Luffy and Sanji, I don't see why she must view it the way you do. She even tells Sanji that it was Pedro's decision to sacrifice himself and that Pedro wouldn't have wanted them to feel sorry for themselves but suddenly she should blame Sanji and Luffy, according to you? That would be directly going against what Pedro would've wanted, according to both Sanji and Carrot. You just want her hating on Sanji cause you have issues with him despite the fact that she tells Sanji that Pedro wouldn't have wanted Sanji to beat himself up over it. She understands that Pedro made that sacrifice for everyone and realises that Perospero isn't directly responsible but he still affected the crew and caused Pedro to make the sacrifice. Just because she understands Pedro made that choice, doesn't mean she can't want to take down Perospero, who's literally the dude that Pedro died trying to stop yet ultimately failed. Not to mention the fact that Perospero is one of the stronger members of the enemy's forces. She literally tells Marco to go on ahead as her and Wanda will handle Perospero.

Apologies but I see no issue with Carrot wanting to take down Perospero when Pedro died to do just that and Perospero is one of the strongest guys on the enemy side. But perhaps, we'll have Carrot contemplate the situation and let go of any desire to beat Perospero mainly out of revenge since Pedro told her to move forward and instead go about it with a more level-headed approach.
I have to say, that's an interesting take. Now would that be on Pedro's sacrifice as him blowing himself up or as casualties in war. I just looked at the japanese raws to be certain and it simply says his '' death '' as '' shi '' 死 , not sacrifice per say which would be gisei. So it's left ambiguous for Wanda to believe that Perospero could be lying and she will trust Carrot first anyway.

If Sanji himself is feeling guilt toward Pedro's death, its reasonable that someone who searching to blame someone for Pedro's death would put the blame on Sanji as again he was one of the main trigger for all this. However that was only one suggestion out of 4, did i strike a nerve by mentioning Sanji? If Carrot is searching for someone to blame it should be herself for her weak resolution. That's what Perospero was trying to impart her or merely the thrill of tormenting her some more perorin.

The difference is Pedro wanted to bring down Perospero for the ship stuck in candy not for revenge or other lame motive. Pedro knows better. Whatever Carrot chooses to do, i don't expect a level headed approach at all.

P

PeperLevi

Saw it,rabbit girl's worshipers?!
The main argument you guys had in her favor was that fight Perospero and win would be her development to join Straw Hats,but Oda destroyed it without pity!
She fought Perospero in team with Wanda,both in Su Long Form,and both were defeated in off-screen!
That's the definitive proof that she's nowhere near as strong or important as you guys thought!
After this,keep writing fanfiction instead of admit defeat and give up is just as childish as your beloved rabbit girl.
If you guys chose keep writing fanfiction,good for me. Because like this,i can always have good times laughing at your faces.
@thedarkdragon11 @Ravagerblade @vikas @Tejas @Luffy bin Dragon @Garp the Fist @KenshiraSonata

Saw it,rabbit girl's worshipers?!
The main argument you guys had in her favor was that fight Perospero and win would be her development to join Straw Hats,but Oda destroyed it without pity!
She fought Perospero in team with Wanda,both in Su Long Form,and both were defeated in off-screen!
That's the definitive proof that she's nowhere near as strong or important as you guys thought!
After this,keep writing fanfiction instead of admit defeat and give up is just as childish as your beloved rabbit girl.
If you guys chose keep writing fanfiction,good for me. Because like this,i can always have good times laughing at your faces.
@thedarkdragon11 @Ravagerblade @vikas @Tejas @Luffy bin Dragon @Garp the Fist @KenshiraSonata
All Oda need is one chapter to demolish their bunnywagon

The amount of carrot hate is too stronk in here :vistalaugh::akasalt:

It makes me pity carrot, really lol

Im not on carrot side nor yamato side. But if i were to choose between them. Of course i'll pick yamato over carrot all day everyday

My thought from this chapter more or less like dizzy said. This pedro revenge plot will still be resolved in the future which mean carrot or other mink might confront perospero again maybe it would be a fight or just a chitchat

If oda want to give carrot power up then she might have sulong triggered by koorioni virus. But that still reaching at this point

And peros did say that she suited to stay in the wood and chew some grass. This might trigger her to have more motivation to avenge pedro. Or because of this loss make her realized that she need more training in zou. It's depend how oda will pull it

But im not saying she will join SH tho
:kayneshrug:

With how many people seem to like Pedro, he should be on the poll. He would certainly beat Hiyori and Pudding.

I mean Carrot is on the poll and she has 0% chance of joining. Its practically the delusional fanboys that keep the idea from dying.
Pedro coming back and being placed in the poll will reduce Carrot's votes into like half... Even a nerfed base Pedro would probably still be better than Sulong Carrot + Wanda...

My thought from this chapter more or less like dizzy said. This pedro revenge plot will still be resolved in the future which mean carrot or other mink might confront perospero again maybe it would be a fight or just a chitchat
Bepo?

I have to say, that's an interesting take. Now would that be on Pedro's sacrifice as him blowing himself up or as casualties in war. I just looked at the japanese raws to be certain and it simply says his '' death '' as '' shi '' 死 , not sacrifice per say which would be gisei. So it's left ambiguous for Wanda to believe that Perospero could be lying and she will trust Carrot first anyway.

If Sanji himself is feeling guilt toward Pedro's death, its reasonable that someone who searching to blame someone for Pedro's death would put the blame on Sanji as again he was one of the main trigger for all this. However that was only one suggestion out of 4, did i strike a nerve by mentioning Sanji? If Carrot is searching for someone to blame it should be herself for her weak resolution. That's what Perospero was trying to impart her or merely the thrill of tormenting her some more perorin.

The difference is Pedro wanted to bring down Perospero for the ship stuck in candy not for revenge or other lame motive. Pedro knows better. Whatever Carrot chooses to do, i don't expect a level headed approach at all.
If the original doesn't mention sacrifice then yeah, maybe she's withholding some information. I still think she might have informed Wanda about the circumstances and they both still blame Perospero for indirectly causing the death but if it doesn't specify that it was a sacrifice then maybe she just told her Pedro got killed.

I doubt Carrot would blame any of the Straw Hats for what happened as that would go against what she knows Pedro would've wanted. Perhaps she'll reflect on everything and try to improve rather than go about it for revenge. We'll see. Regarding Sanji, my bad. I shouldn't have gotten out of line like that.

Really great chapter for Carrot4nakama.

As anticipated, there was a reason why Oda hid the Carrot fight all this time. To allow for the surprise reveal of her defeat, but also because it's unnecessary since this won't be her final fight as once thought. The rematch was set up in this very chapter. That aside, there are three other interesting details:

1. Round 2 + potential powerup
They came close, but Peros admits that the moon being covered forcing them out of Sulong prematurely was the reason that they lost. If this was the end of things, Oda could've just had him beat them at their strongest and have that be that. Say Carrot tried her best and then pass Peros onto a stronger ally. But instead he intentionally planted doubt, and Carrot's beaten but still conscious, meaning the conclusion hasn't yet been reached.

Also potential foreshadowing for another power up, one that doesn't rely on the moon and weather.

2. Mentor Pedro
Pedro's message is once again mentioned, serving as Carrot's motivation. Showing Pedro to truly be Carrot's own mentor figure, with his final words holding equal meaning to her as J. D. Saul's, or Hiriluk's, or Tom's to their respective straw hats.

3. Subversion
This is a really good line for Carrot4nakama once you break down what it actually means. Peros is telling Carrot that if she doesn't want more dead friends then she should "hop back to the woods and chew on grass". He's basically telling her to go back to Zou and just act like a rabbit. Claiming that she's not suited for pirate life.

This is clearly setup for a total subversion. Pedro's words to Carrot was to become a strong warrior and keep pushing forward. Peros is telling her to go back to Zou and be a bunny. Which do you think is more likely to happen?? The fact that the villain is basically saying what Carrot antis have been pushing for years is pretty hilarious though. But the very fact that it was him, a villain, that said these words strongly suggests that the exact opposite is what's inevitably going to happen. She's going to have a huge moment to shine like Pedro foretold, in which she'll prove exactly why she is "more suited" for the pirate life and that she can protect and help her friends just fine.

In short, the possibility of Carrot going back to Zou is on a doomed path and is set to be completely debunked. Likewise, there's strong possibility for a huge Carrot moment, highlighting her skills, will and determination, proving why she's fit to be a pirate with the straw hats.
Hey Dizzy,

I always enjoy your takes on Carrot, as I am a huge fan and supporter of her joining the crew, been following your takes on her since OJ.

I’m curious as to what you think this potential power up could be, that you mentioned in your post? Could it perhaps be a devil fruit like the Yuki Yuki No Mi?

If the original doesn't mention sacrifice then yeah, maybe she's withholding some information. I still think she might have informed Wanda about the circumstances and they both still blame Perospero for indirectly causing the death but if it doesn't specify that it was a sacrifice then maybe she just told her Pedro got killed.

I doubt Carrot would blame any of the Straw Hats for what happened as that would go against what she knows Pedro would've wanted. Perhaps she'll reflect on everything and try to improve rather than go about it for revenge. We'll see. Regarding Sanji, my bad. I shouldn't have gotten out of line like that.
I do not believe she would blame any of the Strawhats too. You don't have to justify yourself about anything, lets be clear i hate Carrot.

I just want to leave a thought out there. Taking into account that Carrot stated she knows Pedro's death is related to this fight or this ongoing war and seeing as she got defeated. What would happen in her mind in the hypothetical scenario where the raid on Onigashima would end up in failure and the alliance defeated.

If Pedro returns then bye bye Carrot.
Whats funny is that this entirely has potential for happening now, especially since Carrot lost. And a big reason for that is actually someone people don't talk about: Peckoms.

The last shot we got of Peckoms was him going Sulong and the BMP literally trying to gouge out his eyes. Thats....extremely dark for Oda if he leaves it like that. If Germa or Jinbe did not rescue Peckoms, then it fundamentally has to be Pedro because Pound escaped alone.

I could totally see a trio like Pedro, Peckoms and even Bepo actually taking out Perospero because Pedro and Peckoms were on the same Nox Pirate crew with Zepo, Bepo's older brother. While 2 of them have nothing to do with Pero, Pedro does and it would be interesting if they all came into handle that front. Either that or the rest of the BMP come into play and characters like Peckoms could fight Tamago. But hopefully the point is made that Pedro definitely has a chance of returning relatively soon.

Really great chapter for Carrot4nakama.

As anticipated, there was a reason why Oda hid the Carrot fight all this time. To allow for the surprise reveal of her defeat, but also because it's unnecessary since this won't be her final fight as once thought. The rematch was set up in this very chapter. That aside, there are three other interesting details:

1. Round 2 + potential powerup
They came close, but Peros admits that the moon being covered forcing them out of Sulong prematurely was the reason that they lost. If this was the end of things, Oda could've just had him beat them at their strongest and have that be that. Say Carrot tried her best and then pass Peros onto a stronger ally. But instead he intentionally planted doubt, and Carrot's beaten but still conscious, meaning the conclusion hasn't yet been reached.

Also potential foreshadowing for another power up, one that doesn't rely on the moon and weather.

2. Mentor Pedro
Pedro's message is once again mentioned, serving as Carrot's motivation. Showing Pedro to truly be Carrot's own mentor figure, with his final words holding equal meaning to her as J. D. Saul's, or Hiriluk's, or Tom's to their respective straw hats.

3. Subversion
This is a really good line for Carrot4nakama once you break down what it actually means. Peros is telling Carrot that if she doesn't want more dead friends then she should "hop back to the woods and chew on grass". He's basically telling her to go back to Zou and just act like a rabbit. Claiming that she's not suited for pirate life.

This is clearly setup for a total subversion. Pedro's words to Carrot was to become a strong warrior and keep pushing forward. Peros is telling her to go back to Zou and be a bunny. Which do you think is more likely to happen?? The fact that the villain is basically saying what Carrot antis have been pushing for years is pretty hilarious though. But the very fact that it was him, a villain, that said these words strongly suggests that the exact opposite is what's inevitably going to happen. She's going to have a huge moment to shine like Pedro foretold, in which she'll prove exactly why she is "more suited" for the pirate life and that she can protect and help her friends just fine.

In short, the possibility of Carrot going back to Zou is on a doomed path and is set to be completely debunked. Likewise, there's strong possibility for a huge Carrot moment, highlighting her skills, will and determination, proving why she's fit to be a pirate with the straw hats.
I agree with this completely. I don't know how someone can look at this and think it's bad for Carrot. After this chapter I think I'd put her at 50/50 with Yamato. I still think and hope that both will join though.

Status
Not open for further replies.