Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
i just don’t get what part of her narrative hints at that being the outcome… And if it is where her storyline is leading, why was it necessary for Oda to even include it in the first place?
The question is why is it imperative that Carrot's story arc concludes with her being a SH? Out of all the characters throughout One Piece like Kouza, Wiper, Aisa, Paulie, Kyros, Rebecca, Viola, Pudding etc, why does Carrot need to be a SH for her story arc to conclude? So many other characters has gotten way more attention and interaction with the SHs compared to Carrot and didn't join.

Carrot was happy in Zou. The Minka had no conflict with anyone in a long time and Carrot was loved by all. No conflict, no connection to a villain that requires the SHs to take out for her, nothing.

She tagged along with many others did in the past cause she wanted one adventure and come straight back to Zou and has been a side character ever since. She's yet to be nowhere near an integral part of an arc like literally all of the SHs has been.

that shadow thing happened one chapter after kaido mentioned his son it doesn't change anything in terms of when yamato was introduced. not to mention yamato was already hidden in oden's flashback many chapters before that shadow.
Yep, exactly. And yet people bought up the excuse that Yamato was introduced too late and sudden into the story to be a straw hat. In comparison to Carrot's, Yamato's introduction has been far more careful and planned.

The question is why is it imperative that Carrot's story arc concludes with her being a SH? Out of all the characters throughout One Piece like Kouza, Wiper, Aisa, Paulie, Kyros, Rebecca, Viola, Pudding etc, why does Carrot need to be a SH for her story arc to conclude? So many other characters has gotten way more attention and interaction with the SHs compared to Carrot and didn't join.

Carrot was happy in Zou. The Minka had no conflict with anyone in a long time and Carrot was loved by all. No conflict, no connection to a villain that requires the SHs to take out for her, nothing.

She tagged along with many others did in the past cause she wanted one adventure and come straight back to Zou and has been a side character ever since. She's yet to be nowhere near an integral part of an arc like literally all of the SHs has been.
i don’t think being a SH is the only possible outcome for her, but I also don’t see any hints in her arc that would push her in any other direction. A lot of the other side characters had a clear purpose for their inclusion and interaction with the SHs, meanwhile we still don’t have a clear picture of carrot’s role in the narrative. She’s not royalty, so far she doesn’t seem to important in maintaining Zou, so why is she there?
If carrot’s whole role was just for WCI, why have Pedro leave those vague last words? Why continue her storyline into wano? If she’s not gonna be a strawhat, what was the point of her stowing away in the first place? Why did Pedro tell her that one day she’ll understand the importance of the SHs and to keep moving forward? Why did oda bring peros to wano seemingly just for this ‘pointless’ plot line when it could’ve easily ended in WCI?

She hasn’t gone back to Zou yet, she continued to follow the SHs around like a lost puppy during act 1 and the beginning of act 3 and Peros telling her to go back to Zou and eat grass indicates to me that she won’t go back to Zou, so what is she going to do next? I personally don’t think being a background character for awhile means she can’t ever have a larger role in the story later on.

Also since she’s inheriting Pedro’s will, why wouldn’t she do what her mentor couldn’t and continue to travel with the future pirate king to laughtale?

If there was a plausible theory that explained the purpose of some of this stuff I would be more inclined to rethink my position, but people just write it off as her being a side character even though in my opinion her treatment has been significantly different than most side characters.

Last edited:
Yamato isn't joining sorry
She's too strong
You're right, senpai.
Yamao is too strong, compared to the likes of her mace wielding clone.

Against the Monster Trio like Luffy, Zoro and Jinbe though... Even against Sanji...
Yamao is weaker. Yamao got sent flying by a weakened Kaido. Thankfully they were in a close space so she hit the rock wall.

p.s.

This picture says it all.
Luffy the Monkey, Marco the Bird, and Yamao the Bitch. They are the future leaders that will lead their own army for the Final War.
Luffy will lead Straw Hat Pirates and the Grand Fleet aka the combination of Roger, Joy Boy, and Nika 2.0.
Marco will lead the remnant of Whitebeard Pirates aka discounted version of Whitebeard 2.0.
Yamao will lead the remnant of Wano samurais aka discounted version of Oden 2.0.

no it just means, she is not as important as you guys think, oda doesn't spend much time on SHs themselves and you are expecting an irrelevant character(not even relevant to a particular arc too).
Then all the build up for her character has been pointless. Therefore oda is a bad writer
Post automatically merged:

Guys we are at the climax of the wano and yet we have carrot who stick having her own plot with perospero. With all the important things happening now, there has to be a good reason why. I think her confrontation with perospero go way beyond revenge since chapter 1006 and is now a stepping stone to prove herself.

Last edited:
Then all the build up for her character has been pointless. Therefore oda is a bad writer
There's no build up for her character, its all fan made interpretation. Pedro didn't die for Carrot to progress her character, she was put there for Pedro's final moments.

Guys we are at the climax of the wano and yet we have carrot who stick having her own plot with perospero. With all the important things happening now, there has to be a good reason why. I think her confrontation with perospero go way beyond revenge since chapter 1006 and is now a stepping stone to prove herself.
You really think a future Strawhat would have been a non factor in act 1, act 2 and barely relevant in act 3 with somehow the sideplot being unimportant as its been 15 chapters since the last time she was on screen and a whole 11 chapters before that, she's been completely irrelevant. You expect she will suddenly matter and have more than 2 chapters dedicated to her useless ass?

but I also don’t see any hints in her arc that would push her in any other direction
Where does this '' her arc '' come from?? If Carrot was to have an arc she would have been as central or more in act 3 than Yamato or as principal as Tama in act 1. That's what Carrot need to become a Strawhat, not some irrelevant Perospero sideplot that's going nowhere..

Also since she’s inheriting Pedro’s will, why wouldn’t she do what her mentor couldn’t and continue to travel with the future pirate king to laughtale?
That would be collecting the remaining Poneglyphs, not going to laughtale with the Strawhats.. Pedro dedicated his whole life to search Poneglyphs, you're doing just like Carrot right now, you don't really give a fuck about Pedro and bending the narrative your way..

If carrot’s whole role was just for WCI, why have Pedro leave those vague last words?
Those vague words as you say, is you interpretating it wrongly, Pedro dedicated his life to Poneglyph and the helping bring about the Dawn, so he was making a final last stand before going out like a boss..

If she’s not gonna be a strawhat, what was the point of her stowing away in the first place?
Funny cute mink representative, just like Camie and Pappagu but better written than Carrot..

Why did Pedro tell her that one day she’ll understand the importance of the SHs and to keep moving forward?
He didn't tell to her specifically, he spoke of the Strawhats while telling this to Carrot..

Why did oda bring peros to wano seemingly just for this ‘pointless’ plot line when it could’ve easily ended in WCI?
Again with that twisted interpretation, Perospero got there because he's the most competent Big mom pirate after Katakuri.. He didn't get there for Carrot, Perospero got there for himself since he's against Big Mom allying with Kaido, he's trying to take matter into his own hands, he's a leader..

Last edited:
There's no build up for her character, its all fan made interpretation. Pedro didn't die for Carrot to progress her character, she was put there for Pedro's final moments.

You really think a future Strawhat would have been a non factor in act 1, act 2 and barely relevant in act 3 with somehow the sideplot being unimportant as its been 15 chapters since the last time she was on screen and a whole 11 chapters before that, she's been completely irrelevant. You expect she will suddenly matter and have more than 2 chapters dedicated to her useless ass?

Where does this '' her arc '' come from?? If Carrot was to have an arc she would have been as central or more in act 3 than Yamato or as principal as Tama in act 1. That's what Carrot need to become a Strawhat, not some irrelevant Perospero sideplot that's going nowhere..

That would be collecting the remaining Poneglyphs, not going to laughtale with the Strawhats.. Pedro dedicated his whole life to search Poneglyphs, you're doing just like Carrot right now, you don't really give a fuck about Pedro and bending the narrative your way..

Those vague words as you say, is you interpretating it wrongly, Pedro dedicated his life to Poneglyph and the helping bring about the Dawn, so he was making a final last stand before going out like a boss..

Funny cute mink representative, just like Camie and Pappagu but better written than Carrot..

He didn't tell to her specifically, he spoke of the Strawhats while telling this to Carrot..

Again with that twisted interpretation, Perospero got there because he's the most competent Big mom pirate after Katakuri.. He didn't get there for Carrot, Perospero got there for himself since he's against Big Mom allying with Kaido, he's trying to take matter into his own hands, he's a leader..

Dude at this point are you really scare that much that carrot could be more important than you think. We are at the wano arc luffy about to be yonko. Is been hinted that wano arc could be link to laughtale and the end of the story. There not time to waste on stuff that is pointless. He did not create carrot just for the fun of it. He obviously has a plan for her. If her story end on her losing to perospero and she going back home than her character tell nothing. I feel you care more about the hate of her character than having a good story.

Last edited:

Dude at this point are you really scare that much that carrot could be more important than you think. We are at the wano arc luffy about to be yonko. Is been hinted that wano arc could be link to laughtale and the end of the story. There not time to waste on stuff that is pointless. He did not create carrot just for the fun of it. He obviously has a plan for her. If her story end on her losing to perospero and she going back home than her character tell nothing. I feel you care more about the hate of her character than having a good story.
Oda will obviously tie all the loose ends.... but I don't expect much with regards to carrot herself.

I agree that carrot needs more shine but I also don’t think that completely excludes her from joining.

carrot has had a character arc since her introduction…. Do I need to summarize it for you?

you say I’m twisting the narrative but you have the most disingenuous interpretation of Pedro and carrot’s storyline I’ve ever seen… why would Carrot continue searching for the poneglyphs alone when:
1. Pedro has literally never said anything about the ponegylphs to her
2. The SHs are already in the process of getting the ones they need to reach laughtale as we speak
3. The whole reason he was searching for them was to help bring about the dawn of the world, but before he died he tells CARROT that he believes the SHs will be the ones to bring about the dawn… so if carrot is to fulfill Pedro’s desire to help bring the dawn, why would she fuck off to go find the irrelevant ponegylphs that literally no one has asked her to find?

If I remember correctly Camie and Pappagu didn’t have their own sideplot for 200 chapters or their own villain

Honestly the fact that you’re still trying to say that Pedro’s last words weren’t meant for Carrot just shows me exactly how disingenuous your arguments are… as I’ve told you before that scene is very clearly focused entirely on Pedro and carrot, Pedro was talking to carrot alone, and 100 chapters later carrot is the one remembering his words. I agree that she’s misinterpreting his words by going after peros, but it’s pretty obvious that she’ll come to the correct conclusion at some point the end of wano

Peros is competent and wanted to end the war, but narratively what has he done to warrant his inclusion in the arc other than fighting carrot and Wanda? Shooting arrows at chopper? Lol. If you leave him with the other BM pirates literally nothing changes besides carrot’s storyline, that’s why I said he was brought to wano primarily for Carrot

I hate that the alternative for many is for Yamato to stay in Wano. That would be extremely lame, have her join Kid or Law's crew and we can get funny cover stories and side material.

I hate that the alternative for many is for Yamato to stay in Wano. That would be extremely lame, have her join Kid or Law's crew and we can get funny cover stories and side material.
The only alternative which I see is her death in this arc. I don't see any reason for her to join with those two...especially not Kid since he is a bad guy which people might be forgetting, don't see Yamato ever be following such a guy, let alone anyone other than Luffy.

The only alternative which I see is her death in this arc. I don't see any reason for her to join with those two...especially not Kid since he is a bad guy which people might be forgetting, don't see Yamato ever be following such a guy, let alone anyone other than Luffy.
Oden literally raided and attacked civilians in the flashback. People forget what Kid does is just standard stuff for pirates

Status
Not open for further replies.