Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suggest you do the same.
That's all I can say to you.
Post automatically merged:

And yet that's just your subjective point of view.
You are placing a panel with no words to suggest a possibility of joining over panels that do suggest possibilities of joining.
Sorry but I think your wires are getting mixed along the way.
That scene is the first time Sulong was showcased, and thats all it was meant to do
Showcase what Sulong is capable of for the war with Kaido

Oh those arguments ? (you changed some things right ?) Well nothing new:

- Carrot COULD have her own arc after Wano, nothing forbides it and having an arc is not being a strawhat, it's being a arc character.
- A dream and a backstory are not a necessity for reasons I already explained, if you want more info on that go check my twitter account.
- Yamato follows a pattern of an arc character not a strawhat one, like I said .. WHAT IS HER JOB ON THE SUNNY ?

Yes. Oda will adress that after Wano. Wano is not carrot's story, it's momonosuke's one, a bit of Yamato's and the Samourai
"COULD" is not a viable arguement, even with a 50/50 chance, the odds are not in you favor

When a every person meets a criteria, yes it is a necessity for them to meet the same
If you want to explain your point explain it, don't tell people to check your Twitter like you're some kind of celebrity, you opinion holds the same weight as everyone else's here

You keep calling yourself an analyst yet all you're doing is telling people that you're an analyst and saying everyone is reading the story wrong, from what I can see all you've done was make baseless assumptions and connect them to random scene
Then talk down to people because Carrot has not shown anything worth while since Wano began

And If you still wanna go with "Oda could" arguement

Oda could give Yamato a role on the ship later, which is way less significant than a unique personal purpose for joining Luffy, which Carrot doesn't have

Last edited:
Are there really “too many” Straw Hats at this point? I’ve been seeing the criticism that Oda is even struggling to give Zoro and Sanji proper attention since there are too many Straw Hats, forming that rationale that that’s why there won’t be any more.

So in light of all the tomfoolery, anyways, do you guys think that Yamato is going to be meeting up with the other Straw Hats soon enough? Maybe it will be Usopp since they're both heading near the basement area.
I think so... Usopp would be one of the best SH that Yamato should encounter early... Imagine her believing in Usopp lies...

Did Tama unironically get 50 votes? I guess all votes being unironical is almost possible.
To be fair, Tama has a chance of joining... Not as high as Yamato or even Law, but definitely higher than the 3Cs...

That scene is the first time Sulong was showcased, and thats all it was meant to do
Showcase what Sulong is capable of for the war with Kaido

"COULD" is not a viable arguement, even with a 50/50 chance, the odds are not in you favor

When a every person meets a criteria, yes it is a necessity for them to meet the same
If you want to explain your point explain it, don't tell people to check your Twitter like you're some kind of celebrity, you opinion holds the same weight as everyone else's here

You keep calling yourself an analyst yet all you're doing is telling people that you're an analyst and saying everyone is reading the story wrong, from what I can see all you've done was make baseless assumptions and connect them to random scene
Then talk down to people because Carrot has not shown anything worth while since Wano began

And If you still wanna go with "Oda could" arguement

Oda could give Yamato a role on the ship later, which is way less significant than a unique personal purpose for joining Luffy, which Carrot doesn't have
This... Well said man...

I don´t think so. Carrot doesn´t have a "mistery" story to discover like Sanji, Nami or Robin. She didn´t have an own arc because her past wasn´t sad. (Maybe Pedro is alive)
It's weird to know someone thinking that a random minor character like Carrot will get an arc later and then use it as an argument of joining the crew... When the origins of the most important characters in the story (Luffy, Zoro and Nami) have yet to be explored in depth... That, aside from Usopp's Elbaf... Imagine Elbaf being cut in favor of an arc like C4N wanted... :seriously:

Are there really “too many” Straw Hats at this point? I’ve been seeing the criticism that Oda is even struggling to give Zoro and Sanji proper attention since there are too many Straw Hats, forming that rationale that that’s why there won’t be any more.
There's no such thing as "too many" in a pirate crew... Even if it's fiction, they're short-handed... About the Zoro and Sanji thing, that's Oda's problem to handle... It's one of his early mistakes that he's now paying... If he only lessen/minimize focus with those 2 and instead scattered the focus with other SHs then that shouldn't have been an issue... He can still do it now, but those mad fans of Zoro and Sanji will be enraged and cry that it's a bad thing to do...

I'm not saying that Oda should add more people, especially we're almost at the endgame... But adding 2 or 3 more at most won't hurt, as long as they're portrayed "ready" to jive/fit in with the succeeding arcs... Right now, Oda is doing well with Yamato, not perfect but it's looking good so far...

I don´t think so. Carrot doesn´t have a "mistery" story to discover like Sanji, Nami or Robin. She didn´t have an own arc because her past wasn´t sad. (Maybe Pedro is alive)

Why is Carrot the only Kingbird with Wanda ?
Why is Carrot the only Mink seemingly able to float without Sulong ?
Why does Carrot has a green Cape and not a blue one?

If there is no mystery in Carrot for you, I bet you can answer ALL these questions easily.

It's weird to know someone thinking that a random minor character like Carrot will get an arc later and then use it as an argument of joining the crew... When the origins of the most important characters in the story (Luffy, Zoro and Nami) have yet to be explored in depth... That, aside from Usopp's Elbaf... Imagine Elbaf being cut in favor of an arc like C4N wanted... :seriously:
The interest of Carrot for Giants has already been setup, I could very well see a mini-arc for Carrot during Elbaf or later. It doesn't need to be huge, just enough to explore a bit of her desire to join Luffy and his adventure.

You spent too much time on 3Dsmax

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Look at all the argumentation about Yamato and ask yourself this question:

Do you think Oda would be that obvious about such a revelation as the next strawhat ?
Carrot is a ride-along type of character. She won't go with Straw Hats for another adventure.

Yamato is Wano's guardian dog. She ain't going nowhere unless someone believes trash like Scrubbards will protect Wano from WG.

Imo the problem is too many side characters, not too many strawhats. Take out the dukes, Tama, Drake, and a couple of the scabbards and there's easily room for a few more strawhats without even making the arc longer. It just feels stretched because the strawhats aren't really the main focus anymore.

Do you think Oda would be that obvious about such a revelation as the next strawhat ?
Yes, because every Strawhat but Robin was fucking obvious. I legitimately have no idea where this "it's too obvious" argument comes from. Oda has never focused on "subverting expectations" when it comes to new crew members. They're usually very telegraphed from almost the moment they're introduced. Luffy literally invited Brook to join the second they met, and they only set foot on Thriller Bark to get his shadow back. It doesn't get more obvious than that.

I have to agree with the idea that there are too many SH, the manga is close to ending, probably the only arc that will be deeply centered around the SH will be Laftel. So i think only one more crewmember will join, two if Vivi come back, but she already had her development arc and have established relations with the core members, what make everything easy for her.

Why does Carrot has a green Cape and not a blue one?
that a good mystery, forget Laftel, we need a Arc about this.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower

No, you’re right, he’s much more likely to turn a character who has existed for more than 200 chapters but has only done two things that are even worth noting in passing (much less helpful/substantial/vital to the plot) and has watched other characters usurp every single bit of potential from her story and doesn’t have any interactions/feats that realistically telegraph her chances into a main protagonist only surpassed in importance by Luffy…like, do you and dizzy even hear yourselves anymore, or is it a matter of just posting whatever words are formed by your tears splashing against the screen?? :nicagesmile:

Imo the problem is too many side characters, not too many strawhats. Take out the dukes, Tama, Drake, and a couple of the scabbards and there's easily room for a few more strawhats without even making the arc longer. It just feels stretched because the strawhats aren't really the main focus anymore.
Well aside from Whole Cake, the New World has focused on either Oden's followers or the Grand Fleet. Once Oden's story is followed-up on, I'm sure Kinemon and the others will be tagging along less often.

Status
Not open for further replies.