Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, things never turn out the way a character says they will…
I never said that? Also why are you showing me the panels of Luffy himself recruiting the crew, it's not the same thing.

Personally I never felt that Jimbe doesn't fit by Oda's logic because Jinbe actually checked all the boxes way before he even got proposed. Same with Brook he got to spend time with the crew from the beginning and his backstory setting and Laboon sealed the deal for me, it's tied to the Straw hats' final destination perfectly. Like, I'm saying what I'm saying not because I'm a Carrot stan or bc I'm too stubborn to "accept the obvious" lol. I just personally don't see it yet with Yamato and I have a feeling Oda is being a big troll once again. That's all. If I'm wrong well, I'm wrong then.
If anything writing wise Law is a perfect candidate, I'm actually surprised that the absolute majority of fans sleep on the idea. But I'm not going to discuss that here, I see no point to be extremely defensive about that.

Also why are you showing me the panels of Luffy himself recruiting the crew, it's not the same thing.
I don’t see how Rebecca saying she’ll win the Mera Mera fruit and defeat Doffy is in any way the same thing as Yamato repeatedly saying she’ll go to sea either, but hey ho.

and I have a feeling Oda is being a big troll once again.
I’m really not seeing this argument that Oda’s continually brougt up Yamato’s desire to go to sea and adventure as just one massive “ha ha gotcha“ to the fans when it doesn’t happen. This is not some wild outlandish claim like the idea that Rebecca will beat the main villain. Yeah, no shit that didn’t happen, Luffy beats the bad guy, we know that.

What’s wild or outlandish about Yamato saying she wants to go to sea? Why should we have any reason to think that Oda has gave Yamato this desire (and repeated it constantly) only for a u-turn when it’s time for her to go? This is a character expressing a very simple wish that 99% of the cast get to do ,and one of the core ideas the series is built on- going on an adventure, escaping the bonds that bind you.

There’s all this convoluted nonsense to try and argue otherwise when it’s as straighforward a part of One Piece as it comes. “I want to go to sea with Luffy” equals “character will get to go to sea with Luffy.”

I don’t see how Rebecca saying she’ll win the Mera Mera fruit and defeat Doffy is in any way the same thing as Yamato repeatedly saying she’ll go to sea either, but hey ho.

I’m really not seeing this argument that Oda’s continually brougt up Yamato’s desire to go to sea and adventure as just one massive “ha ha gotcha“ to the fans when it doesn’t happen. This is not some wild outlandish claim like the idea that Rebecca will beat the main villain. Yeah, no shit that didn’t happen, Luffy beats the bad guy, we know that.

What’s wild or outlandish about Yamato saying she wants to go to sea? Why should we have any reason to think that Oda has gave Yamato this desire (and repeated it constantly) only for a u-turn when it’s time for her to go? This is a character expressing a very simple wish that 99% of the cast get to do ,and one of the core ideas the series is built on- going on an adventure, escaping the bonds that bind you.

There’s all this convoluted nonsense to try and argue otherwise when it’s as straighforward a part of One Piece as it comes. “I want to go to sea with Luffy” equals “character will get to go to sea with Luffy.”
Dude. Why so defensive if you're absolutely confident? I'm not even arguing with you, I said I don't see it yet xdd. I read the same thing here over and over again for more than a year at this point xd. If you see a future nakama in her - fine. I personally see her as a character like Bon Clay, Hancock, Sabo, Katakuri, Shirahoshi, Perona, Pudding, Rebecca, Tama and such. Oda puts them important plot driving supports in every arc. Oda stated the story's entered it's final stage and is about to be completed soon and yet he spends the time that is left by making Yamato bond with Momo and avoid the main cast completely. Idk how other people feel about it but for me it's really strange. I feel like he's plotting something there because he knows that Yamato fans are extremely desperate for her to interact at least with someone from the crew in a meaningful way. Not just hey dude bye dude.

Carrot lost her mentor, if you think that's not sad or that Oda did not make you think that it was sad.. you have problem dear.
You removed my statement of "Pedro maybe is alive" about carrot. You only answer and read the things you want. This is pathetic.
----
I also answered your questions. But You didn´t read it and you only said that I "avoid the questions". Pathetic again

The desire to go to sea is there regardless of her being Oden

The past of being chained on her island is there regardless of her being Oden

The fact that Yamato has been placing all her hopes on Luffy since Ace told her about him two years ago is still there regardless of her being Oden.
She placed all her hopes on Luffy being the one to free Wano since that's what Oden's journal foretold. Her expecting to additionally get a ride from him afterwards is very explicitly stated to be something tied to her belief that she's Oden.

"So speaking as Kozuki Oden"

Maybe if I repeat it a few times it'll get through.
Imagine someone who made the arguments you did against Jinbei joining the crew trying to act superior about being able to tell what character will join the crew. You couldn’t understand the nursery level statement of “hey Jinbei, join my crew” and “sure, once I deal with some stuff.”

Must also have been too obvious. No way a character would say a thing and it would happen, I guess.
You're really resorting to 2017 shit to try and win an argument in what's almost 2022?? Garp, I thought you were better than that. But seeing as you brought it up yourself, your current arguments about Yamao are on par with those stupid points from my 15 year old self.

"!!! Jinbe's going to die because he himself said he'd lay down his life for Luffy?!"

"Yamao's gonna join the crew because she said so whilst speaking as someone else?!"
God knows why you're talking about others having been wrong in the past. You didn't even know what the main underlying plot of the series was until we sat you down and spelt it out for you.
Great, best way to truly protect the place is to go with Luffy and change the world so it isn’t in danger. Wano has an older Momo, the nine red Scabbards and an army of samurai to protect it for the short term.

An argument that’s as convincing as people saying Jinbei was too tied to Fishman Island to join the Strawhats. Next up
Momo's the one that Yamao knows will change the world and bring in the dawn. Not Luffy. Everything you think applies to explain why Yamao would go with the crew, actually applies for why she'd be better off with Momo.

And no, the Jinbe comparison is dim. He'd been serving the country his entire life and was encouraged by his crew to finally live for himself for once. Yamao has done nothing for Wano up until today where we've coincidentally been told that the strongest org in the world is now looking to subjugate the nation. One quite literally has the guardian of Wano devil fruit that she's never used up until now. The other merely a moniker to pay respect to his service.
Momo’s aged himself to protect himself. Next
Momo's not flipping Shazam. And just because the 8 year old became a bigger 8 year old doesn't suddenly mean he has all the knowledge, experience and battle skill he would've acquired naturally over those years. But you already know this, of course.
Okay, so you think Yamato will drop the delusion of being Oden… to stick around Oden’s son and be deluded into thinking he’s Oden? Who cares that Momo looks like his dad?
Yes. Yamao will drop the delusion, but still obviously hold great respect for Oden. Seeing the similarities in Momo could further encourage her to want to help him in his journey. She's already close friends with him. The Oden similarities are merely symbolic, and so it would be as if Yamao is getting to experience the Oden that she read about, but never personally knew.
Hypocrite. You’re trying to argue that Carrot will get more scenes in the future, but there’s no chance of Yamato meeting up with the crew, is there?

Yes, she’s protected Momo and Shinobu, but it’s a cery Strawhat thing to do to have people to protect on their home island. Nami had her village, Ussop his, Sanji the Baratie chefs, Franky his family, Jinbei his crew and near enough the entire Fishman race.
Hypocrite. You're trying to argue that Yamao will meet up with the crew in the future, but there's no chance of Carrot getting more scenes, is there?

Of course the straw hats protect their home island. That's not what we're talking about here. Did Franky spend all of his panel time protecting Iceburg and Kokoro? What about Jinbe? Did he spend all of his time with Shirahoshi and Sharley? No. Because Oda put them with the crew, because they were meant to be with the crew. Like how he's only put Yamao with Momo, because she's meant to be with Momo.

She placed all her hopes on Luffy being the one to free Wano since that's what Oden's journal foretold. Her expecting to additionally get a ride from him afterwards is very explicitly stated to be something tied to her belief that she's Oden.

You can repeat it all you want- and ignore Ace’s role as well- doesn’t change the fact that there’s bugger all to suggest that even if she drops the Oden thing she’ll suddenly go “actually, I don’t want to achieve my life’s dream and travel with the man who made it possible.”
You're really resorting to 2017 shit to try and win an argument in what's almost 2022?
Well, your reading ability doesn’t seem to have improved any from ypur 2017 self, given your still trying to propel Carrot into more importance than she actually has and you still can’t understand really obvious things put down in front of you…
But seeing as you brought it up yourself, your current arguments about Yamao are on par with those stupid points from my 15 year old self.
undefined
You still seem stuck on this terrible point that just because a character says something, it will not come true.

There was never any reason to think Jinbei would die. Never. The hundreds of chapters of One Piece previously and it’s approach to death should have told you that.

In the same vein, the hundreds of chapters prior should tell you that when a character has been held prisoner on an island their entire life and expresses a wish to sail away with the main character, they will get that wish.

Again, the actual argument against that is that sailing with the Strawhats is not the same thing as being a Strawhat. That’s a reasonable counter argument. But you’re to shit scared of Yamato even setting foot on tne Sunny, and bitter over what‘s became of Carrot that you can’t even make that argument and instead have to invent this fairy tale of Yamato going sailing with Momo. Or staying behind to protect Wano.

God knows why you're talking about others having been wrong in the past. You didn't even know what the main underlying plot of the series was until we sat you down and spelt it out for you.
Talking about the role the Dawn has in Wano?

The thing you were also insisting had nothing to do with Wano because you were taking a hissy fit about Carrot’s supposed super important plotline being usurped by Yamato, Momo and the Scabbards?

Yeah, not another argument where you came out well either.
Momo's the one that Yamao knows will change the world and bring in the dawn. Not Luffy. Everything you think applies to explain why Yamao would go with the crew, actually applies for why she'd be better off with Momo.
It applies to both of Luffy and Momo.

And Yamato knows this, and still says she’s going to go to sea with Luffy.

We’re not going to go back to that argument where we’re going to pretend the daughter of the Yonko, who has read Oden’s logbook, knows the connection between Luffy and Roger, doesn’t actually know that Luffy is the one who will change the world on Laugh Tale, are we?
And no, the Jinbe comparison is dim. He'd been serving the country his entire life and was encouraged by his crew to finally live for himself for once. Yamao has done nothing for Wano up until today where we've coincidentally been told that the strongest org in the world is now looking to subjugate the nation. One quite literally has the guardian of Wano devil fruit that she's never used up until now. The other merely a moniker to pay respect to his service.
Yes, but what she’s doing today for Wano is rather important, and what Luffy’s crew will do in the future is even more so.

Far better way of protecting it than sticking about for years waiting for someone else to do all the work- which also has the added downside of being what her evil father wanted her to do, not what she wants.
Momo's not flipping Shazam. And just because the 8 year old became a bigger 8 year old doesn't suddenly mean he has all the knowledge, experience and battle skill he would've acquired naturally over those years. But you already know this, of course.
He’s now got a fully adult version of the DF that CP0 was shitting itself over, plus he’s been training all arc for a reason. And has his retainers and his army.

Wano will do fine without Yamato against near enough all threats. If anyone serious (an Admiral or Blackbeard) gets sent then Yamato couldn’t stop them anyway.

Yes. Yamao will drop the delusion, but still obviously hold great respect for Oden. Seeing the similarities in Momo could further encourage her to want to help him in his journey. She's already close friends with him. The Oden similarities are merely symbolic, and so it would be as if Yamao is getting to experience the Oden that she read about, but never personally knew.
I think you’re nearly at the argument that Momo will join the crew to live up to his father’s legacy- which I don‘t have a problem with- but are still holding off on it for Carrot, so are stuck with this weird half-way argument of Momo and Yamato sailing off together entirely separate from Luffy for some reason.
Hypocrite. You're trying to argue that Yamao will meet up with the crew in the future, but there's no chance of Carrot getting more scenes, is there?
Oh, I think Carrot continue to get the exact treatment she has had since Wano started.

Sitting in the background watching other characters be important.

I’m sure we’ll see her screech “chobro” at least one more time, but that’s not really saying much.

And in the same vein I think Yamato will continue to get the same treatment she’s had so far- a shit ton of screen time- which can very easily lead to her meeting up with some Strawhats.
Of course the straw hats protect their home island. That's not what we're talking about here. Did Franky spend all of his panel time protecting Iceburg and Kokoro? What about Jinbe? Did he spend all of his time with Shirahoshi and Sharley? No. Because Oda put them with the crew, because they were meant to be with the crew. Like how he's only put Yamao with Momo, because she's meant to be with Momo.
There’s two large Robin and Jinbei shaped holes in this argument.

And it’s still coming from someone who doesn’t care that in hundreds of chapters Carrot has not had a singke meaningful interaction with the person who really counts- Luffy- so I’m happy to ignore it. Yamato’s got the groundwork with Luffy, that’s what really counts. If she gets more with the others on Wano, great. If not, she’s got the next arc to bond with the others, like Robin did on Jaya and Skypiea, or like Jinbei did after Impel Down and Marineford.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness

You're really resorting to 2017 shit to try and win an argument in what's almost 2022?? Garp, I thought you were better than that. But seeing as you brought it up yourself, your current arguments about Yamao are on par with those stupid points from my 15 year old self.

"!!! Jinbe's going to die because he himself said he'd lay down his life for Luffy?!"

"Yamao's gonna join the crew because she said so whilst speaking as someone else?!"

So this all hinges on the new, new, new, new, new, new argument that Momo will convince Yamato to stay with him? Betting on Momo bonding enough with Yamato to ask her specially to stay with him?

Staying with Momo means giving up on her 20 year dream which means both her and Momo will need to leave together, but how can Yamato protect Wano if she's not even there? If Wano can be protected in their absence, what's the point of Yamato even staying behind in the first place? If Yamato can deter enemies from outside of Wano, why can't she do that with the SHs who gonna take down the biggest enemies of all?

You can repeat it all you want- and ignore Ace’s role as well- doesn’t change the fact that there’s bugger all to suggest that even if she drops the Oden thing she’ll suddenly go “actually, I don’t want to achieve my life’s dream and travel with the man who made it possible.”
-This country is in faaaar worse shape than I imagined after 20 years. Maybe I should help
-Momo still needs help learning to control this powerful devil fruit that I know all about. Maybe I should help him
-I'm the guardian deity of this country and the people are in need of guarding and deities. Maybe I should help them
-These people accept me and don't hate my blood. Maybe I don't need to run away and can stick with them
-There are tons of leftover beast pirates that turned sides in the raid. Maybe I, a natural leader and conqueror, should lead them
-The strongest org in the world is out to subjugate Wano. Maybe I should help rally international support to stop them
-Kaido told me that there's something extremely important about Wano. Maybe I might want to find out what that is and if it can help
-Oden told me to open the borders of Wano. Maybe I might want to do that...like I said I would in my introduction
-I've wanted to protect Momo from when I was just a kid and was absolutely devastated that I couldn't 20 years ago. Maybe I should do that now that I have the power
Well, your reading ability doesn’t seem to have improved any from ypur 2017 self, given your still trying to propel Carrot into more importance than she actually has and you still can’t understand really obvious things put down in front of you…
And yours seems to have declined, given your lack of sense on the latest princess Nami clone
You still seem stuck on this terrible point that just because a character says something, it will not come true.
Hilariously disingenuous, but I think you're just bitter that I called out your stupid point for being stupid. No one ever said that just because a character says something, it will not come true.

What was actually said was that just because a character says something, doesn't mean it absolutely, positively, will happen no matter what. Big difference.
In the same vein, the hundreds of chapters prior should tell you that when a character has been held prisoner on an island their entire life and expresses a wish to sail away with the main character, they will get that wish.
Again with the straw mans. As I've said for the millionth time, it's very possible that Yamao will change her mind in light of new information and prefer to do something else. That doesn't mean she'll still be a prisoner. That doesn't mean she won't still get to sail away. It only means that she might not be doing so with the person whom she only wants to travel with due to her delusions and Luffy's familial bonds.
Talking about the role the Dawn has in Wano?

The thing you were also insisting had nothing to do with Wano because you were taking a hissy fit about Carrot’s supposed super important plotline being usurped by Yamato, Momo and the Scabbards?
Lmfao. You've got a bad memory Garp. Fortunately I've got the receipts.
"Hissy fit" my arse. You were so terrified by a so called "background rabbit" being more important than you thought she was that you let her association to the dawn plot force you to pretend that the overarching plot of the entire story, was just a small Wano subplot.
It applies to both of Luffy and Momo.
Yes it does. And Carrot/Pedro's relation to the dawn has been entirely Luffy focused, whilst Yamao's is solely Momo focused.
Far better way of protecting it than sticking about for years waiting for someone else to do all the work- which also has the added downside of being what her evil father wanted her to do, not what she wants.
Kaido wanted Yamao to run his slave camps for him. Not to act as another beacon of hope and protect the innocent civilians of Wano from the tyrannical government that seeks to enslave them. You know the difference. Stop acting like you don't.

Yamao thinks she'll travel with Luffy solely because Oden did so. Not because she's actively trying to usurp the WG's reign and liberate the world.
He’s now got a fully adult version of the DF that CP0 was shitting itself over, plus he’s been training all arc for a reason. And has his retainers and his army.

Wano will do fine without Yamato against near enough all threats. If anyone serious (an Admiral or Blackbeard) gets sent then Yamato couldn’t stop them anyway.
Wano can hold if Yamao is temporarily away out recruiting allies to their cause. Not if Yamao is galavanting around the world on a timeless adventure.
I think you’re nearly at the argument that Momo will join the crew to live up to his father’s legacy- which I don‘t have a problem with- but are still holding off on it for Carrot, so are stuck with this weird half-way argument of Momo and Yamato sailing off together entirely separate from Luffy for some reason.
An argument that makes sense for how both characters have been built up since their introduction? Strange.

Question for you. How do you believe the borders of Wano will open?
Oh, I think Carrot continue to get the exact treatment she has had since Wano started.

Sitting in the background watching other characters be important.

I’m sure we’ll see her screech “chobro” at least one more time, but that’s not really saying much.

And in the same vein I think Yamato will continue to get the same treatment she’s had so far- a shit ton of screen time- which can very easily lead to her meeting up with some Strawhats.
Just like I believe that Carrot will obviously get some resolution to the threads that have been left hanging, whilst Yamao will continue to be Momo's good little mutt like she was meant to be.
There’s two large Robin and Jinbei shaped holes in this argument.
Not in the slightest.
And it’s still coming from someone who doesn’t care that in hundreds of chapters Carrot has not had a singke meaningful interaction with the person who really counts- Luffy- so I’m happy to ignore it. Yamato’s got the groundwork with Luffy, that’s what really counts. If she gets more with the others on Wano, great. If not, she’s got the next arc to bond with the others, like Robin did on Jaya and Skypiea, or like Jinbei did after Impel Down and Marineford.
Carrot has had a meaningful interaction with Luffy. But continue to think that Luffy repeatedly not giving a fuck about Yamao's name (despite her correcting him), is a sign of greatness to come.

a reminder that Luffy knew Sanji and Franky’s name, yet Luffy still called them as he wanted. Luffy and Yamato met in the middle of the raid, they’ve been together not even a day.

Seriously? Calling name correctly is more important than dealing with the real threat which is Kaido, Big Mom, Orochi and Beast Pirates? Any dumber argument please?:whitepress:

This country is in faaaar worse shape than I imagined after 20 years. Maybe I should help
-Momo still needs help learning to control this powerful devil fruit that I know all about. Maybe I should help him
-I'm the guardian deity of this country and the people are in need of guarding and deities. Maybe I should help them
-These people accept me and don't hate my blood. Maybe I don't need to run away and can stick with them
-There are tons of leftover beast pirates that turned sides in the raid. Maybe I, a natural leader and conqueror, should lead them
-The strongest org in the world is out to subjugate Wano. Maybe I should help rally international support to stop them
-Kaido told me that there's something extremely important about Wano. Maybe I might want to find out what that is and if it can help
-Oden told me to open the borders of Wano. Maybe I might want to do that...like I said I would in my introduction
-I've wanted to protect Momo from when I was just a kid and was absolutely devastated that I couldn't 20 years ago. Maybe I should do that now that I have the power
All great examples of mental gymnastics when we have the very easy and simple reality that Yamato will go to sea because it’s her dream to do so.
And yours seems to have declined, given your lack of sense on the latest princess Nami clone
Hiyori would be the example of the usual arc princess. Even Momo is more in that mould given how useless he was for a good chunk of Wano.

Yamato, even if not joining, would be a Law figure, not a princess. The One Piece damsel in distresses aren’t the dynamic fighting figures that Yamato is
Hilariously disingenuous, but I think you're just bitter that I called out your stupid point for being stupid. No one ever said that just because a character says something, it will not come true.

What was actually said was that just because a character says something, doesn't mean it absolutely, positively, will happen no matter what. Big difference.
Well done, you’ve managed to arrive at the shocking revelation that not everything a character said will come true. If I had a sticker to hand out I’d give it to you, this is a genuine improvement from your Jinbei days.

Of course, you’ve still yet to provide any convincing arguments for why Yamato saying she’ll go to sea with Luffy is one of those moments, but baby steps.
Again with the straw mans. As I've said for the millionth time, it's very possible that Yamao will change her mind in light of new information and prefer to do something else. That doesn't mean she'll still be a prisoner. That doesn't mean she won't still get to sail away. It only means that she might not be doing so with the person whom she only wants to travel with due to her delusions and Luffy's familial bonds.
And it’s even more possible Yamato won’t change her mind and will just do what she said she’ll do and sail with Luffy.

You’re also throwing in a lot more “possibles” and “mights” now, not the absolute convictions you started with.
Lmfao. You've got a bad memory Garp. Fortunately I've got the receipts.
Yes, I can admit I’m wrong, we’ll see how well you take it when Carrot continues to not sail with the Strawhats.

I still win cause I got the man I really wanted in Jinbei, so Yamato’s just a bonus.
Hissy fit" my arse. You were so terrified by a so called "background rabbit" being more important than you thought she was that you let her association to the dawn plot force you to pretend that the overarching plot of the entire story, was just a small Wano subplot.
No, I believe what I was arguing was that the Dawn was opening Wano’s borders which was a massive deal that served to signify the beginning of the end of One Piece.

Not a “small Wano subplot”

There’s never been much worry about Carrot’s association with it, but even I didn’t think her and the Minks would get the shafting she eventually did.
Wano can hold if Yamao is temporarily away out recruiting allies to their cause. Not if Yamao is galavanting around the world on a timeless adventure.
Wano can hold for as long as Oda wants them to hold, and Luffy’s journey to Laugh Tale, which is far more important than Yamato gaining allies that Lufy already has, will be reached extremely soon in series. One Piece is coming to an end. The Strawhats are pretty much on a set course now.
An argument that makes sense for how both characters have been built up since their introduction? Strange.
No, it‘s a really shit argument that makes no sense at all. Where you get this idea that the aftermath of Wano will be Momo and Yamato randomly sailing off into the sunset together in search for allies I have no clue.
Question for you. How do you believe the borders of Wano will open?
Can’t say yet until we know why Wano is so important to all these figures and why it had to be shut in the first place.

I’ll be surprised if it‘s CP0 playing the Perry role and sailing up with the gunboats and forcing them into it, though. Seems more likely that Oda will want to end the Wano arc with a victory and them opening the borders through their own choice. Perhaps as Luffy’s openly declared territory. Perhaps they’ll decide to bide their time until after Luffy gets to Laugh Tale.
Just like I believe that Carrot will obviously get some resolution to the threads that have been left hanging, whilst Yamao will continue to be Momo's good little mutt like she was meant to be.
“Threads.” There’s one thread and that’s “why are the Strawhats important.“ She’ll find that out along with everyone else at the end of the arc and that’s it for her. A short stint as a cover story awaits her, which is more focus than she’s had on Wano at least.
Carrot has had a meaningful interaction with Luffy
Oh yeah, who can forget that time Luffy said Carrot’s name in a list inckuding Brulee. Memorable.

But continue to think that Luffy repeatedly not giving a fuck about Yamao's name (despite her correcting him), is a sign of greatness to come.

Don’t give a fuck what names Luffy calls Yamato, these moments shit all over anything Luffy has ever done with Carrot.

a reminder that Luffy knew Sanji and Franky’s name, yet Luffy still called them as he wanted. Luffy and Yamato met in the middle of the raid, they’ve been together not even a day.

Seriously? Calling name correctly is more important than dealing with the real threat which is Kaido, Big Mom, Orochi and Beast Pirates? Any dumber argument please?:whitepress:
I agree with that. Plus Yamato fits well if she is the last one like oden in roger crew. I mean. Yamato, Sanji, brook pattern. Formal clothes, luffy fight against a full army (Krieg - Germa, Moria, Kaido), their bodies are special (Germa ADN, Dead body, Oni race), they are the last nakama in each sea, they talked with luffy before the army fight started...

Anyway, Luffy called "weird" to franky when they met because Luffy didn´t know him well, maybe he will start to call yamato to her when Luffy feel more connected with that character. So the name problem for me is nothing serious.

All great examples of mental gymnastics when we have the very easy and simple reality that Yamato will go to sea because it’s her dream to do so.

Hiyori would be the example of the usual arc princess. Even Momo is more in that mould given how useless he was for a good chunk of Wano.

Yamato, even if not joining, would be a Law figure, not a princess. The One Piece damsel in distresses aren’t the dynamic fighting figures that Yamato is

Well done, you’ve managed to arrive at the shocking revelation that not everything a character said will come true. If I had a sticker to hand out I’d give it to you, this is a genuine improvement from your Jinbei days.

Of course, you’ve still yet to provide any convincing arguments for why Yamato saying she’ll go to sea with Luffy is one of those moments, but baby steps.

And it’s even more possible Yamato won’t change her mind and will just do what she said she’ll do and sail with Luffy.

You’re also throwing in a lot more “possibles” and “mights” now, not the absolute convictions you started with.

Yes, I can admit I’m wrong, we’ll see how well you take it when Carrot continues to not sail with the Strawhats.

I still win cause I got the man I really wanted in Jinbei, so Yamato’s just a bonus.

No, I believe what I was arguing was that the Dawn was opening Wano’s borders which was a massive deal that served to signify the beginning of the end of One Piece.

There’s never been much worry about Carrot’s association with it, but even I didn’t think her and the Minks would get the shafting she eventually did.

Wano can hold for as long as Oda wants them to hold, and Luffy’s journey to Laugh Tale, which is far more important than Yamato gaining allies that Lufy already has, will be reached extremely soon in series. One Piece is coming to an end. The Strawhats are pretty much on a set course now.

No, it‘s a really shit argument that makes no sense at all. Where you get this idea that the aftermath of Wano will be Momo and Yamato randomly sailing off into the sunset together in search for allies I have no clue.

Can’t say yet until we know why Wano is so important to all these figures and why it had to be shut in the first place.

I’ll be surprised if it‘s CP0 playing the Perry role and sailing up with the gunboats and forcing them into it, though. Seems more likely that Oda will want to end the Wano arc with a victory and them opening the borders through their own choice. Perhaps as Luffy’s openly declared territory. Perhaps they’ll decide to bide their time until after Luffy gets to Laugh Tale.

“Threads.” There’s one thread and that’s “why are the Strawhats important.“ She’ll find that out along with everyone else at the end of the arc and that’s it for her. A short stint as a cover story awaits her, which is more focus than she’s had on Wano at least.

Oh yeah, who can forget that time Luffy said Carrot’s name in a list inckuding Brulee. Memorable.

Don’t give a fuck what names Luffy calls Yamato, these moments shit all over anything Luffy has ever done with Carrot.
Yeah, this is the principal topic to think, or I think so. Luffy smile with yamato statement. Luffy started to feel great with yamato. We don´t need anything more

I agree with that. Plus Yamato fits well if she is the last one like oden in roger crew. I mean. Yamato, Sanji, brook pattern. Formal clothes, luffy fight against a full army (Krieg - Germa, Moria, Kaido), their bodies are special (Germa ADN, Dead body, Oni race), they are the last nakama in each sea, they talked with luffy before the army fight started...

Anyway, Luffy called "weird" to franky when they met because Luffy didn´t know him well, maybe he will start to call yamato to her when Luffy feel more connected with that character. So the name problem for me is nothing serious.
I don't think she fits. The whole oden roger thing is stupid since she can't read poneglyphs and she isn't oden. She better drop that whole act if she joins the crew since every straw hat has a personality of his own not of some "dead legend". Even if she drops it I'd like her to stay in wano.
Post automatically merged:

Carrot ain't joining and yamato better stay at home with her trash character

So what she hops on the thousand sunny and they sail out and then BOOM dream completed? All the strawhat dreams take a lot of effort. Yamato will stay home period

Last edited:
No, because Yamato is like 99% for sure regardless. I guess we'll know if Oda mentions it in an SBS.
While I do agree Yamato is a sure thing, we still should temper ourselves and be civil in these discussions
Because Yamato could turn out to be a more useful Rebecca type of character

(Even though that is incredibly unlikely, given how she want to not only leave Onigashima but leave with Luffy specifically)

I digress we should still be a little more calm when dealing with... ridiculous "evidence" for any character

In that case, we won't know what's truly nonsense until the arc finishes. lol
If Yamato does join that just means your conclusion was correct not your method

While I do agree Yamato is a sure thing, we still should temper ourselves and be civil in these discussions
Because Yamato could turn out to be a more useful Rebecca type of character

(Even though that is incredibly unlikely, given how she want to not only leave Onigashima but leave with Luffy specifically)

I digress we should still be a little more calm when dealing with... ridiculous "evidence" for any character

If Yamato does join that just means your conclusion was correct not your method
Not sure why you're calling me out for not being "civil" when Jew D Boy and Ravagerblade are here. Also the post you're quoting me on was to a fellow Yamato fan. I'm usually the one calling out my side when things get heated tbh. How about you call out the people saying "grass eater" and "useless rabbit", or calling people furries and posting pictures of Carrot being tossed in a trash can instead.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Not sure why you're calling me out for not being "civil" when Jew D Boy and Ravagerblade are here. Also the post you're quoting me on was to a fellow Yamato fan. I'm usually the one calling out my side when things get heated tbh. How about you call out the people saying "grass eater" and "useless rabbit", or calling people furries and posting pictures of Carrot being tossed in a trash can instead.
Can confirm, Sigran is one of the more respectful Yamato stans around here…but this would not be the first time people in this thread misunderstood something by not actually paying attention to what they’re reading, if you know what I mean :pepeke:

Status
Not open for further replies.