Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Are you sure you're not giving too much importance to that scene? I know that a flag is a symbol, but it's still a piece of cloth. Don't see how it ties into the last member of the crew.
The importance of a flag was emphasized in Drum Kingdom. It was Wapol trying to destroy Hiliuk's flag that prompted Luffy to get pissed, step in, save the flag and fight Wapol.

A flag is a symbol.

So its not forced that she would understand what he wanted since they are similar in that regard, she even noticed that aspect of him and compared it to Ace
So you just gonna ignore the rest of what I said?

Are you sure you're not giving too much importance to that scene? I know that a flag is a symbol, but it's still a piece of cloth. Don't see how it ties into the last member of the crew.
It's just the back flag tho, are we sure they didn't replaced it ?
Post automatically merged:

So its not forced that she would understand what he wanted since they are similar in that regard, she even noticed that aspect of him and compared it to Ace
I agree on that. Yamato understood Luffy directly mostly because she knew Ace and because of their similarities

The importance of a flag was emphasized in Drum Kingdom. It was Wapol trying to destroy Hiliuk's flag that prompted Luffy to get pissed, step in, save the flag and fight Wapol.

A flag is a symbol.
I was the first one to write that it was a symbol, but it was just what, a sixth of a page dedicated to the flag in the water?
Also, it was a fake death of the crew, so the use of the "burned flag" was mostly to make the reader think that the boat was destroied.

It was emphatised even in Long Ring Long Land, but I repeat, it's not like it was mentioned again except in that sixth of a page..

Luffy said he thinks 10 people would makw a proper crew

Oda said that Luffy was supposed to quickly gather 10 crew members back when OP was planned to end in 2002

Oda said preskip was supposed to finish when Luffy having all 10 recruits by plans changed, ending with 8.

Oda said that aside from Jinbe, at least one more person is joining, which would make 10.

The SH cre celebration was halted until after Wano and the SH are still without their flag, which could signal that the crew is finally complete.

Let's not let the fact that Yamato is bad character getting shoved down our throats cloud our judgment now(I mean seriously...Yamato can tell what Luffy wants without any word which is something only the SHs can do after many arcs, and Yamato only meet Luffy once. Its so forced).
I think 10 being Vivi would make far more sense than Yamato

Okay so I will reply with that:

It's """rare""" that Luffy defeat the strawhats main Antagonist, it only happened 4 times. (Check my post to @Sigran101 about that)
We don't know what Carrot or even if Carrot will get a big antagonist, but it's very unlikely that Luffy defeats him if we look at what is left of the story. That's why I answered, Carrot's biggest CHALLENGE will be what the sea will bring her, shall it be tragedy or an enemy.
no it happened with all of them
Yea and Ive already adressed your points to sigran about that. I think I read one of your replies to him...again take your own advice. Ill even link it for you

The context of my sentences are enough to understand that I'm not talking about just a character saving Luffy.
It's implied.
No there are just 16, The 9 Mugiwara and the 7 captain of the strawhat grand fleet
have you ever considered that it’s not the context..it’s just that...idont know youre just not being clear?
i can tell because you can’t understand basic english phrases.

please stop using semantics.. i’m not argueing about the SPECIFIC amount(even though there are more.i.e the crews willing to fight for the fake strawhats thinking it was the real crew.)
But youre point about only strawhats fighting for luffy was debunked with the grand fleet Alone. thats it...if you wanna argue about carrot being a grand fleet member thats a different story.

No, I'm french.
Yup.. I still don't get that lol.
OH so you literally don’t understand the english language perfectly.
Why are you trying to lecture people then if you cant even understand basic phrases?

And ? it doesn't change the fact that Spandam is not Franky's real antagonist. The real ennemy of Franky was Franky himself.

The point I made this afternoon, is that, because you clash with a character don't mean this character is your antagonist, it might be "one of" your antagonist, but not the main one.

And again.. as I said.. no.

I made a CLEAR explanation during my discussion with Sigran why we should not see the antagonist of One Piece in that simple lens, you just have to go and check that conv.
when did I say a simple clash makes a character an antagonist?:choppawhat:
stop putting words in my mouth.
It was pretty clear the people I mentioned were antagonists by definition.
im not going through all the posts to find what you said. If you wanna link it thats cool.

this really isn't true. Having a logia and being a decent fighter(which imo vivi is) would make you tobi roppo tier bare minimum.
Vivi is an indecent fighter, lower than no-numbers in the Baroque Works. How is she even considerable a decent fighter is beyond me. Then making her pop out of nowhere with a logia would be the laziest of the laziest.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
I was the first one to write that it was a symbol, but it was just what, a sixth of a page dedicated to the flag in the water?
Also, it was a fake death of the crew, so the use of the "burned flag" was mostly to make the reader think that the boat was destroied.

It was emphatised even in Long Ring Long Land, but I repeat, it's not like it was mentioned again except in that sixth of a page..
But the SHs are still without a flag and a flag was directly said to be important. Oda's even having the SHs get a flag that's unbreakable.

I think 10 being Vivi would make far more sense than Yamato
Problem with Vivi was that she wasn't apart of Oda's SH plans initially. He said that he liked her dynamic with the SHs so much that he considered making her a member, and even after that stated that the crew was supposed to be complete at the end of preskip, implying they would be complete without her.

There is also the dilemma of her gaining an unbelievable amount of strength to be above the Weakling Trio and fight the BB pirates. In Alabasta, she was powerless against the middle officers of Barouge Works when the Weakling Trio could take on the upper rankers.

But the SHs are still without a flag and a flag was directly said to be important. Oda's even having the SHs get a flag that's unbreakable.
Ok. I understand, basically you have 2 points.
1 a flag is important and SHs don't have one
2. Bellamy is making an unbreakable one.

So, am I to assume that until they meet bellamy again they won't have a flag?
And how is this relevant to the 10th crewmate?

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Ok. I understand, basically you have 2 points.
1 a flag is important and SHs don't have one
2. Bellamy is making an unbreakable one.

So, am I to assume that until they meet bellamy again they won't have a flag?
And how is this relevant to the 10th crewmate?
Never said it's relevant to the 10th cremate though.

Bellamy has a Luffy vivre card just like the grand fleet. The card gets smaller when the user is hurt bad, signalling that they are in trouble. I'm just using headcanon to say that the end of Wano will have a complete SH crew with their flag and fleet.

Now I'm lost. You were making sound like I was saying that the flag was vital for the 10 member to join. Or at least that's what I was getting from you.
Ok I probably misunderstood then.
I thought, from your first message, that the flag missing was related to the crew being incomplete, hence 10th caracter was implied.
In the end who cares, it's late.

Status
Not open for further replies.