Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Larrot is supposedly the protagonist for 1 panel where she runs for 10 metres saying 1 word...

:usoprice:
It doesn’t matter how many clues, dialogues & evidences toward the obvious direction. What matters is his headcanon comprehension. Larrot showed up in a shared, small, irrelevant panel with Neko & Wanda, barely says anything, is considered a “protagonist focus”

Sorry I really have to laugh a lot today

:kailaugh::kailaugh::kailaugh::kailaugh:

It seems like a little deconstruction and a panel analysis is necessary... Fine:

Why Carrot is the protagonist in this panel ?

First: Because there is two sets of lines. The first are the vanishing lines on the side those are converging in the center of the panel where Wanda and Neko are. There are here to make us look at their face. Then there are the sight lines, the lines where the two characters looks at Carrot (or rather behind her). What is the result of that ? Our sight is naturally guided to Carrot's face who is looking backward with intensity and fleeing from something (probably the rocks crumbling down in the air).

Second: Because Carrot is in shadow. Making her Character instantly stand out. We are again naturally attracted to the character of Carrot.

So yeah, Carrot is the protagonist of this panel and this is exactly what I was waiting for. Oda is still focusing on Carrot. Meaning that even after her defeat, she still has a role to play.

It's visual storytelling, it doesn't get any better than that.
Post automatically merged:

Were still taking Larrot and C4N seriously?
Well you should.. right now the story is only confirming what I predicted.

It seems like a little deconstruction and a panel analysis is necessary... Fine:

Why Carrot is the protagonist in this panel ?

First: Because there is two sets of lines. The first are the vanishing lines on the side those are converging in the center of the panel where Wanda and Neko are. There are here to make us look at their face. Then there are the sight lines, the lines where the two characters looks at Carrot (or rather behind her). What is the result of that ? Our sight is naturally guided to Carrot's face who is looking backward with intensity and fleeing from something (probably the rocks crumbling down in the air).

Second: Because Carrot is in shadow. Making her Character instantly stand out. We are again naturally attracted to the character of Carrot.

So yeah, Carrot is the protagonist of this panel and this is exactly what I was waiting for. Oda is still focusing on Carrot. Meaning that even after her defeat, she still has a role to play.

It's visual storytelling, it doesn't get any better than that.

Well you should.. right now the story is only confirming what I predicted.
here is better question for you Where was carrot alongside the strawhats when Luffy lost his fight for the second round against Kaido? Where was carrot when Luffy was giving a message to momo that he will kick kaido ass?
Where was carrot when Luffy came back for his triumphant return for third round against kaido?
Where was carrot when the strawhats where at execution area in wano?
Where was carrot when chopper was breaking Luffy out prison?
How come carrot fight was not showcase just like other strawhats and Yamato?

Last edited:
Sorry but I ain’t believing analytical sh*ts from someone who’s not even a mangaka, especially from a banned user.
:kailaugh::kailaugh::kailaugh:
Well you do you.

here is better question for you Where was carrot alongside the strawhats when Luffy lost his fight for the second round against Kaido. Where was carrot when Luffy was giving a message to momo that he will kick kaido ass?
Where was carrot when Luffy came back for his triumphant return for third round against kaido?
Where was carrot when the strawhats where at execution area in wano?
Where was carrot when chopper was breaking Luffy out prison?
How come carrot fight was not showcase just like other strawhats and Yamato?
- Carrot was on the ground at this time.
- Carrot was with Nekomamushi
- Carrot was with the mink gathering weapon at this moment
- Same
- You seems to think Yamato's fight was showcased like the strawhat. Narratively, it's wrong. Yamato did have a sccabble with Kaido, but the fight was not depicted like any of the others strawhats fight. Not at all in fact. It was a completely different narration.

And why Carrot's fight was different ? Because the fight did not matter regarding Carrot, she is not a strawhat yet. Only her defeat was important for the following of her character arc. ;)

Well you do you.

- Same
- You seems to think Yamato's fight was showcased like the strawhat. Narratively, it's wrong. Yamato did have a sccabble with Kaido, but the fight was not depicted like any of the others strawhats fight. Not at all in fact. It was a completely different narration.

And why Carrot's fight was different ? Because the fight did not matter regarding Carrot, she is not a strawhat yet. Only her defeat was important for the following of her character arc. ;)
Show me panel and the chapter

Well you do you.

- Same

This proves to me that Carrot is nothing more than a background character in a support character congratulations you’re not worthy strawhat

“Protagonist of a panel”

A really good mangaka, analyst, artist, or whatever it is should know that if the specific panel is erased, will it still affect the overall chapter? If it affects, then that panel is important. If it doesn’t, then it’s not hard to comprehend that the specific panel is irrelevant. Plus the fact that she barely says anything nor she does nothing important speaks so much of being a “protagonist”

Change that panel by showing Denjiro, Inuarashi or Kawamatsu doing something, the overall chapter will be the same; unless if keep being in denial. Trust me, at least in the next 1-2 chapters, she will be nowhere to be seen again.

Yes. Momo must stop being a coward. But stopping being a coward doesn't mean to stop asking people for help. In fact, asking for help is sometimes the most courageous thing someone can do.

And

I never said Momo would stop asking for help period. You're ironically twisting things here. There's a difference between accepting that you're helpless in a situation and being scared of something it's entirely possible you can do.

It was impossible for Nami to shoulder everything herself so she had to gain the heart to ask for help. Momo is a giant dragon that bit a yonko that's the same size/look as he is and he's still scared. Who do you think Luffy called a coward?
First: Yamato felt sorry for ditching Momo at the first place to fight Kaido even tho it was needed.
You think she genuinely felt sorry for doing the right thing? Even though she ditches him again 2 chapters later? It was just her making sure there were no hard feelings. She didn't apologize last chapter when they met up again.
Second: If Yamato did hit Momo, it was not because he didn't want to face his fear, but because he had a bad idea. Momo saying that he should stop Luffy.
The bad idea of burdening Luffy and pushing their problem onto him as she explained the panel after.
And third: Yamato did not just "ditch" Momo after this because he did not want to face his fear, shea left after gaving him instructions in order to save Onigashima from an explosion.
She tells him to quit whining and believe in his own ability even though he was begging her to stay. Idk, that kinda sounds like giving him a push then telling him to face his fears on his own. Wonder if that'll come up again. :zorothink:
Were still taking Larrot and C4N seriously?
I'm not. He made it clear he's just here to be biased and push Carrot in any way possible, even if it means ignoring character motivations and dialogue. I'm only getting my arguments out for anyone else that thinks this is Yamato's direction. I'm most likely going back to ignoring him right after this post.

“Protagonist of a panel”

A really good mangaka, analyst, artist, or whatever it is should know that if the specific panel is erased, will it still affect the overall chapter? If it affects, then that panel is important. If it doesn’t, then it’s not hard to comprehend that the specific panel is irrelevant. Plus the fact that she barely says anything nor she does nothing important speaks so much of being a “protagonist”

Change that panel by showing Denjiro, Inuarashi or Kawamatsu doing something, the overall chapter will be the same; unless if keep being in denial. Trust me, at least in the next 1-2 chapters, she will be nowhere to be seen again.

The problem with your argumentation here is that your are only seeing the panel as a part of the chapter.

I'm saying that this panel is important as the part of the story. This is called a setup. In this case it's a very little one. It only serves as a reminder that Carrot is present and the fact that she will be relevant in the future.

So yes, without this panel, the chapter can still work, but not the overall reading of the story. Oda is a master with his setups (even if sometimes he makes little mistakes) he knows their improtance. And this one is no different.

I make a difference between a "protagonist of the story" and the "protagonist of a panel" those are not the same things.

I never said Momo would stop asking for help period. You're ironically twisting things here. There's a difference between accepting that you're helpless in a situation and being scared of something it's entirely possible you can do.

It was impossible for Nami to shoulder everything herself so she had to gain the heart to ask for help. Momo is a giant dragon that bit a yonko that's the same size/look as he is and he's still scared. Who do you think Luffy called a coward?

And this is no different for Momo. He can't just shoulder everything by himself. He needs assistance, like every normal person. Luffy's word are immature concerning Momo, but in the end even Luffy understands that Momo is not a coward, he is just 8

Momo is not a coward because he has the capacity to overcome his fears, but that's not something you can do on your own. That's why Yamato is so important for Momo right now.

You think she genuinely felt sorry for doing the right thing? Even though she ditches him again 2 chapters later? It was just her making sure there were no hard feelings. She didn't apologize last chapter when they met up again.
Well she said that and that what Oda wrote so... yeah she feels sorry for leaving him, but this is needed and she gave him the tool to fight that specific battle.. But Momo will still need her in the future

The bad idea of burdening Luffy and pushing their problem onto him as she explained the panel after.

She tells him to quit whining and believe in his own ability even though he was begging her to stay. Idk, that kinda sounds like giving him a push then telling him to face his fears on his own. Wonder if that'll come up again. :zorothink:
You are inventing here. Yamato never said to Momo to believe in him or to quite whining.

I'm not. He made it clear he's just here to be biased and push Carrot in any way possible, even if it means ignoring character motivations and dialogue. I'm only getting my arguments out for anyone else that thinks this is Yamato's direction. I'm most likely going back to ignoring him right after this post.
Never said that. You are inventing a lot of things.

Everyone: So Yamato and Momo have good reason to join and mysteries to learn
No that's not what the story tell us

C4N: But Carrot was in a panel so she’s joining
Yes. That's what the story tell us.

1006 was the last time we actually saw Carrot throughout the rest of the chapters we didn’t see her surface until 1023, 1026, 1027. And 1041 Those chapters she didn’t do anything beside her Being a bystander.
And those days are over

Even with the small shared panel, Neko & Wanda arrived at the gate first while Larrot is late and nothing but a burden. Shouldn’t she be, what was it? Rapid? How ironic it is that a basic bland bunny arrives late. Pedro was right after all when he said Larrot would “burden our saviors” and here she is, being a burden for Neko & Wanda. Oda is right to ditch her out of the story so Oda can focus on more important characters.

And I was right when I say that the banned user would move goalposts now. He keeps saying for us to wait and see, and still she’s nothing but an irrelevant bunny. We can see her relevance in Million Piece.

Even with the small shared panel, Neko & Wanda arrived at the gate first while Larrot is late and nothing but a burden. Shouldn’t she be, what was it? Rapid? How ironic it is that a basic bland bunny arrives late. Pedro was right after all when he said Larrot would “burden our saviors” and here she is, being a burden for Neko & Wanda. Oda is right to ditch her out of the story so Oda can focus on more important characters.

And I was right when I say that the banned user would move goalposts now. He keeps saying for us to wait and see, and still she’s nothing but an irrelevant bunny. We can see her relevance in Million Piece.
You know, I actually like the denomination of "Banned user". I was banned for criticizing the system so in my mind, you are only justifying what I believe in by calling me like that. I won't reply to the rest as this is just provocation.

Status
Not open for further replies.