Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys should be really celebrating that Pedro was apparently killed in WCI. Otherwise, Yamao won't have a chance to win the competition.

Sad past - yes.
Lost Zeppo.
Lost his eyes.
Lost 50 years worth of lifespan.

Acknowledged by Luffy - yes.
Luffy remembers his name well.

Interaction with Straw Hats - yes.
Mainly Brook. But he also made a good team with Jinbe during Tea Party.
Jinbe & Pedro joining successively was the best case scenario, too bad Oda was replaced since Tea Party.
He spent times in WCI interacting with actual Straw Hats instead of babysitting Carrot.

Unique fighting style - somewhat.
He is kinda like King, both is relentless and doesn't give opponent break (attacked Tamago in middle of transformation instead of watching him transform like idiot).
Can fly like helicopter.
Has hidden Sulong form.
Hyped by Nekomamushi "if Pekom goes berserk, only Pedro can stop him".
Came from jaguar animal, which has 1 of strongest bites among all animals.

Occupation - Lookout
He even has hobby supporting this role: staying in high place.
A more useful role than cosplaying a dead man.
People want to forget Pedro's impact. Or forget Oda's deliberate foreshadowing. No worries. Oda is preparing for a proper candidate.

Pedro is/will be the Guardian Deity of the Strawhats. Statues have been shown to represent Guardians: Jackal, Falcon, Dragon, etc... Now recall when Luffy first brought up wanting a Statue:

Luffy imagines a cat figure as a Statue on Merry. "It'd look so cool!" Sunny is bound to add a Statue per Luffy's wishes. This is the only Statue reference that let's us the readers see the actual thought.

Whether he'll "join" or not he's definitely going to the laugh tale with the Straw hats. He doesn't even need to be a Straw hat to get everything the Straw hats have. What a chad :myman:

Jokes aside tho the latest chapter fueled up some of my thoughts I had for a while even more: no one is fighting for Yamato's sake in Wano. Luffy isn't fighting for her or mentions her in all the important moments. She takes a lot of screen time but she doesn't have a conflict in a way that’s conflicting specifically for her. Like we had Franky who had his own problem of needing to protect the pluton blueprints from the WG, Sanji who had his family issues, Arlong’s rule which was Nami’s personal issue, etc. Yamato’s problem is basically Kaido and only Kaido but that tends to feel overshadowed by the other people suffering from his rule like the Scabbards, Otama, Momo and Hiyori. I'm not going to develop this further cause I don't want people go after my neck :few:

It's been 2 or 3 years, people still think Yamato will join

Someone stronger than current Zoro isn't joining
She's more of Momo new bodyguard than SH

Luffy doesn't call future nakama "Yamao" the same way he calls Kid "Jaggy" and Law "Traffy"

Carrot has to see the dawn come and she can only do that if she continues sailing with SH

Anyway with Luffy being white as snow in G5, both Yamao and Carrot chances went down
With Luffy being mythical Zoan...I find it hard for Yamao to join

Yamato won't sail with Monkey D. Toon Luffy
She will sail alone on adventures to see the world every then and there as Momo's bodyguard

Still baffles me that people are so frightened of Yamato joining that‘ll come out with shit about her going sailing- but not with Luffy! God no, anything but that!

Cause it just weakens the entire argument (as does any argument that has “really it’ll be Carrot who joins” in it).

The right way to argue against Yamato has always been “yes she’ll go and sail with Luffy, does not mean she’ll be a Strawhat as countless other characters (Law, Momo, Kin, Carrot etc) have shown.”

That is a rational, believable stance that is in line with everything that has been said so far.

Instead people tie themselves in knots with some imaginary adventure with Momo.

Still baffles me that people are so frightened of Yamato joining that‘ll come out with shit about her going sailing- but not with Luffy! God no, anything but that!

Cause it just weakens the entire argument (as does any argument that has “really it’ll be Carrot who joins” in it).

The right way to argue against Yamato has always been “yes she’ll go and sail with Luffy, does not mean she’ll be a Strawhat as countless other characters (Law, Momo, Kin, Carrot etc) have shown.”

That is a rational, believable stance that is in line with everything that has been said so far.

Instead people tie themselves in knots with some imaginary adventure with Momo.
Dude what are you talking about
Look at this blaring declaration that she is leaving with Luffy, its obvious that she is going to sail alone

30 chapters later and Yamato has yet to retract this statement. The editors even put the panel up on the official volume poster. That same volume spread has her looking forward to Luffy as Ace insisted and she's the only non-SH ally there.

Currently, everything she's guessed about Luffy is being proven right and she has a front row seat to witness it. Momo still has shown 0 interest in asking Yamato to stay, but in the spinoff manga the select Carrot fans are reading, their ship is canon.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Aight, so by the current “logic,” we’re back to the name thing…if Momo, Tama, Kin, and Pedro, the four he mentioned in the most recent chapter, DON’T join, then everybody arguing against Yamato is a moron and a liar. HAHAHAHAHA, just kidding!! Those things are already true regardless of the fictional character these disingenuous dickheads don’t like!! God, I can’t wait to watch y’all scurry like cockroaches when this arc ends :myman:

30 chapters later and Yamato has yet to retract this statement. The editors even put the panel up on the official volume poster. That same volume spread has her looking forward to Luffy as Ace insisted and she's the only non-SH ally there.

Currently, everything she's guessed about Luffy is being proven right and she has a front row seat to witness it. Momo still has shown 0 interest in asking Yamato to stay, but in the spinoff manga the select Carrot fans are reading, their ship is canon.

People in denial and coping when a character shows up and is stronger than theirs, they panic because everything they thought they absolutely knew comes Crumbling down.

Whether he'll "join" or not he's definitely going to the laugh tale with the Straw hats. He doesn't even need to be a Straw hat to get everything the Straw hats have. What a chad :myman:
I think there's a possibility that Luffy gets sick, the rest of the crew decide to prioritize looking for the cure and Law's will look for the last poneglyph in a sort of deal. ofc the SHs will luck into the last one tho lol

Status
Not open for further replies.