Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
She want to become oden is not come from the fruit will. It came from her impression to oden.

Fruit chose her because they has the same goal.

If it's only take fruit will to make people do something then any user could do the fruit favor. User just an empty vessel. But I don't think that's the case

Obviously wanting to go adventure is yamato will. But that may also mean the deity also want yamato to do so. Beyond this is only my speculation. What yamato adventure do might probably align with deity wants, that is protecting wano. I mean what yamato might do outside wano could lead to protection for wano as her fruit wants
Only Will is shown Yamato to have is the “WILL of Kozuki Oden” not of the devil fruit and how can the fruit choose her? Was luffy chosen by his devil fruit? I think you guys didn't have any argument about the devil fruit till the Nika fruit revealed and the zoan had a will of itself cause Yamato hadn't been shown anything that points to her devil fruit

Only Will is shown Yamato to have is the “WILL of Kozuki Oden” not of the devil fruit and how can the fruit choose her? Was luffy chosen by his devil fruit? I think you guys didn't have any argument about the devil fruit till the Nika fruit revealed and the zoan had a will of itself cause Yamato hadn't been shown anything that points to her devil fruit
Sure let's say youre right. I dont have any proof of it now. But let the story unfold by itself. If it's wrong, it is wrong. If it's right, it is right. Let's call it an end now

But I'd say something before ending it. There is a case about imperfect devil fruit that takes its user will when triggered by dango. Apparently, it is imperfect because the user only get partially the zoan power. The power is not synchronized perfectly so is the will. That could make the case to differentiate Caesar's fruit or the real zoan fruit, let alone the real god zoan devil fruit. It's just theory tho

Last edited:
Sure let's say youre right. I dont have any proof of it now. But let the story unfold by itself. If it's wrong, it is wrong. If it's right, it is right. Let's call it an end now

But I'd say something before ending it. There is a case about imperfect devil fruit that takes its user will when triggered by dango. Apparently, it is imperfect because the user only get partially the zoan power. The power is not synchronized perfectly so is the will. That could make the case to differentiate Caesar's fruit or the real zoan fruit. It's just theory tho
I know but Luffy's fruit is different from Yamato's. Cause look at Marco who also has a mythical zoan devil fruit what do you think his will would be? And kaido too

Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Franky and Jinbei have all been protectors of their islands.

The general reaction to that has been to tell them to go and follow their hearts and dreams, be a Strawhat and leave the island to fend for itself because they’ve done enough.

Vivi’s the only one who has done otherwise and chosen her people over her bond with the crew. Vivi’s not Yamato though. Vivi never had a dream to leave. She left, enjoyed her time, but it was all because she wanted to save her country. Vivi was also the direct heir to the throne, which Yamato obviously is not, the closest to that is Momo.

Yamato certainly is what her DF is. She is the protector of Wano. That’s no reason to restrict her to staying there. She’s not going to leave and just wave Wano goodbye in the rear window. Like Jinbei and FI, her reasons for going with the crew, should she do it, will be for Wano. As it’s protector.

I know but Luffy's fruit is different from Yamato's. Cause look at Marco who also has a mythical zoan devil fruit what do you think his will would be? And kaido too
Wait what's the difference from luffy and yamato devil fruit?

I dont have an explanation for marco and kaido. Because the story giving so little about them. But that can be answer by this questions:
- what their true mythical animal do in the ancient past do they protecting something or do something or do they just simply existed with additional power with no purpose? Are they god? Cant their body separated into 2 parts (torso and head) ? Lol or do they have rotating mane to fly?
Post automatically merged:

Yamato certainly is what her DF is. She is the protector of Wano. That’s no reason to restrict her to staying there. She’s not going to leave and just wave Wano goodbye in the rear window. Like Jinbei and FI, her reasons for going with the crew, should she do it, will be for Wano. As it’s protector.
That is what exactly I want to say

Last edited:
And? That's isn't a problem but y'all make it up to be cause after the raid Wano country itself will be free so there is no need for Yamato. Like I said before, there's is nothing in Wano for Yamato she is going to leave Wano with Luffy(the one who she was waiting for).
And that is a major factor. Just because Wano will be free doesn't mean Wano does not still need Yamato as a Guardian Deity. After all Wano needs to make sure someone like Kaido doesn't take over again.

Nothing in Wano for Yamato? Disagree. Yamato has Momo, Shinobu, and any Wano citizen who accepts Yamato after the war. Yamato gains a home worth protecting.
Again no one other than Kaido has made any mention of a Guardian of Wano

If this Guardian was so prevalent, the citizens of Wano would be praying to their "Guardian Deity" to save them
Or we would've atleast heard someone talk about not praying to the guardian anymore because they've given up hope

The Guardian is for Kaido's version of Wano not the citizens
Did we see Alabasta citizens praying to their Guardians? I don't recall that they did. Regardless, we do not know much about what the Wano citizens know about their Guardian Deities.
Kaido is one who wish Yamato to be The Guardian of Wano. I don`t now how people can`t understand this.
Oda stated through Kaido that Yamato is to be a Guardian Deity for Wano. Just because Kaido states this for his own desire doesn't negate that Yamato is actively guarding Wano against Kaido nor does it negate the possibility of Yamato staying...at least during the rebuild, transition of power, and opening of Wano's borders.
Right Cause Look at the Arabasta Kingdom. where they have a statue of their Guardian Deity
Did Pell and Chaka leave Alabasta to travel with the Strawhats? No. They stayed as Guardians protecting their kingdom which makes narrative sense. Also Luffy never invited them...same as Yamato currently.
It's been awhile since I talk about yamato. I too want to add my opinion about her.

Imo oda meant yamato to have the same fate as wano country

- Yamato was Japan ancient name
- Yama tou could mean mountain island. That's a good description for wano
- She has the ookami fruit, which is narratively been said was wano guardian god. That fruit bears god name. It means the fruit more likely chose her. Fighting for k̶a̶i̶d̶o̶ wano was always her decision from 20 years ago
- ya could means arrow (her attack is also arrow based), mato means mark/target. This not necessary, I only add this to show that oda loves doing pun with name. And also to validate my points
- Etc etc

Oda loves his poetic symbolism
- yamato was trapped 20 years ago. Wano isolated 800 years ago
- The time wano be free from kaido is the time yamato free
- The time wano open its border may be the time yamato finally connect to outside world

But the question is when will wano open its border? Will the citizen be ready to stand on their own feet right after the war?

Next question is how will yamato leave? With who? As ally? Or As nakama?

So far yamato only tightly bond with luffy and momo. Meeting ace lead her to luffy, admiring oden lead her to momo. She is enthusiast when near luffy but also felt sympathy when near momo. Imo she belongs to both of them. Let's just see how the story turn
Yet those who believe Yamato will join have no retort for those comparisons and connections.

Wano = Japan

Mythical Wolf Zoan Fruit that is connected to Japan through Wano.

From Yamato's OP wiki:
The Ōkuchi-no-Magami or Ōguchi-no-Makami (大口真神, Ōkuchi-no-Magami or Ōguchi-no-Makami? lit. "Large-Mouthed True God") is the deification of the extinct Japanese gray wolf, once worshipped in Japan as a guardian of humans.

Guardian of Wano citizens = Guardian of Japanese people

Yamato is an Oden fan. Oden is Momo's father. Momo has been aged to be 28 years old which happens to be the same age Yamato is. Also it has been hinted by Shinobu that grown Momo looks like Oden. A partnership is forming with each new interaction between Yamato and Momo. They both get to witness together Luffy fighting Kaido probably to its finale.

If not for Yamato exclaiming wanting to leave Kaido's Wano or meeting Ace then the narrative points to Yamato becoming a Guardian Deity of Wano as a Kozuki retainer.

I see WsW, Sasaki, Page One and Ulti joining the fleet post wano
Join the Strawhat Grand Fleet? Page One and Ulti don't seem like the biggest fans. Do they have their own divisions or are all of them under the same division?

And that is a major factor. Just because Wano will be free doesn't mean Wano does not still need Yamato as a Guardian Deity. After all Wano needs to make sure someone like Kaido doesn't take over again.

Nothing in Wano for Yamato? Disagree. Yamato has Momo, Shinobu, and any Wano citizen who accepts Yamato after the war. Yamato gains a home worth protecting
? Momo is literally 28 years old with a copy of Kaido's devil fruit
Yamato isn't from Wano why u saying that she had the citizen of Wano when they don't even know that she exists

I think I should doubt WsW's word too about nika the sun god who bring laughter and free people suffering because wsw is also a villain
WsW isn't even sure about Nika...

Meanwhile, Kaido is just speculating on Makami's fate because his only knowledge of the DF is that it's the guardian deity... Also, he speculated that Luffy isn't Joyboy and he doesn't have any idea about Nika... For all we know, Makami might be meant to be fetched by Nika in his return to open the borders of Wano (aka the guard is being relieved by its master because the gates are now open)...

Nothing in Wano for Yamato? Disagree. Yamato has Momo, Shinobu, and any Wano citizen who accepts Yamato after the war. Yamato gains a home worth protecting.

Did we see Alabasta citizens praying to their Guardians? I don't recall that they did. Regardless, we do not know much about what the Wano citizens know about their Guardian Deities.

Oda stated through Kaido that Yamato is to be a Guardian Deity for Wano. Just because Kaido states this for his own desire doesn't negate that Yamato is actively guarding Wano against Kaido nor does it negate the possibility of Yamato staying...at least during the rebuild, transition of power, and opening of Wano's borders.

Did Pell and Chaka leave Alabasta to travel with the Strawhats? No. They stayed as Guardians protecting their kingdom which makes narrative sense. Also Luffy never invited them...same as Yamato currently.

Yet those who believe Yamato will join have no retort for those comparisons and connections.

Wano = Japan

Mythical Wolf Zoan Fruit that is connected to Japan through Wano.

From Yamato's OP wiki:
The Ōkuchi-no-Magami or Ōguchi-no-Makami (大口真神, Ōkuchi-no-Magami or Ōguchi-no-Makami? lit. "Large-Mouthed True God") is the deification of the extinct Japanese gray wolf, once worshipped in Japan as a guardian of humans.

Guardian of Wano citizens = Guardian of Japanese people

Yamato is an Oden fan. Oden is Momo's father. Momo has been aged to be 28 years old which happens to be the same age Yamato is. Also it has been hinted by Shinobu that grown Momo looks like Oden. A partnership is forming with each new interaction between Yamato and Momo. They both get to witness together Luffy fighting Kaido probably to its finale.

If not for Yamato exclaiming wanting to leave Kaido's Wano or meeting Ace then the narrative points to Yamato becoming a Guardian Deity of Wano as a Kozuki retainer.

Join the Strawhat Grand Fleet? Page One and Ulti don't seem like the biggest fans. Do they have their own divisions or are all of them under the same division?
She was prisoner all her life and only thing that give her hope was Oden logbook. Oden logbook is compilation of his travels and adventures and that is Oden that Yamato know, free adventurer Oden, not daimyo Oden. Doesn`t make any sense for her to be freed from Kaido to again be imprisoned by her devil fruit. Oden is vessel for Yamato, that help her express her desire for freedom, not someone on whom mistakes she will learn nor will she be one to correct Odens mistakes by staying in Wano. Yamato`s Wano character arc will be finished when she realize all that.

not for Yamato exclaiming wanting to leave Kaido's Wano or meeting Ace then the narrative points to Yamato becoming a Guardian Deity of Wano as a Kozuki retainer
Yamato was reading Oden Journal from a young age saying she want to go out to seas so if she never meets ace she still will want to leave wano so I don't know where u get she being the retainer from?

Plus, what will happen to all the brainwashed Gifters?
I prefer the idea that the gifters will become Wano’s guards to protect the land from any outside possible threats be it pirates, WG or marines.

Yamato unintentionally ate the ookami fruit

So does the zoan fruit has its will/intention? Idk
Post automatically merged: Today at 6:04 PM
Yamato fighting againt kaido for wano country is already fulfilling wano guardian duty tho. Done or continue depends on how the story turns. But I dont believe yamato would stay on wano forever like forever
Her fruit chose her that’s the thing with zoan DF let alone a mythical one, but Oda actually played with the idea of Kaido and Oden’s children in the way that the son of Wano hero having the villain’s artificial copy of his DF while the daughter of Wano’s villain having a DF that is a protector of the island plus she loves Oden.

Last edited:
I prefer the idea that the gifters will become Wano’s guards to protect the land from any outside possible threats be it pirates, WG or marines.
Gifters being part of Wano's army makes the most sense... Especially if their leader, Tama, will be a retainer... Besides, they would be a great help with the rehab of Wano and the know-hows of the existing resources and military armaments...

Meanwhile, Kaido is just speculating on Makami's fate because his only knowledge of the DF is that it's the guardian deity...
He is not speculating on it. He wants missuse the fruit for his sake. Kaido want yamato to protect wano for him it's even emphasized using bold word or bouten (side dot in raw scan)

It's say "ore no tame ni" / "for me".

And that is what yamato denied

? Momo is literally 28 years old with a copy of Kaido's devil fruit
Yamato isn't from Wano why u saying that she had the citizen of Wano when they don't even know that she exists
You don't think the Wano citizens will find out who helped with their freedom? Shogun Momonosuke will surely make an announcement about what has transpired.

It doesn't matter that Yamato was not born in Wano. Yamato is more or less a Wano citizen being lived there for 20+ years.

Yamato considering being a samurai, having multiple parallels with Momo, and having a supposed Wano Guardian Deity Devil Fruit makes Yamato more connected to Wano then the Strawhats.
The difference between them and Yamato is that Yamato wants to leave wano
Yamato wanting to leave does not mean leaving with Luffy. Yamato could easily leave with Momo when Wano opens the borders.

Yamato waited 2 years for Luffy after Ace. This though is when Yamato thought the Kozuki clan was wiped out. Momo's return changes Yamato's plans.
She was prisoner all her life and only thing that give her hope was Oden logbook. Oden logbook is compilation of his travels and adventures and that is Oden that Yamato know, free adventurer Oden, not daimyo Oden. Doesn`t make any sense for her to be freed from Kaido to again be imprisoned by her devil fruit. Oden is vessel for Yamato, that help her express her desire for freedom, not someone on whom mistakes she will learn nor will she be one to correct Odens mistakes by staying in Wano. Yamato`s Wano character arc will be finished when she realize all that.
But Yamato states they are Oden. If Yamato is going to make such a bold claim then Yamato should actually follow through on it. Be Oden! What would Oden do if he was still alive? Protect his children, retainers, and the Wano citizens.

It seems that Yamato4nakama want Yamato to be the Oden that left for Laughtale rather than the Oden that sacrificed his life to protect Wano.
Yamato was reading Oden Journal from a young age saying she want to go out to seas so if she never meets ace she still will want to leave wano so I don't know where u get she being the retainer from?
The retainer part is Yamato deciding to make sure Momonosuke stays protected (as Oden), let's Yamato be a samurai, AND allows Yamato to be under the Kozuki clan. Seems fitting for Yamato.

I don't understand why Oda would have Yamato bond with Momonosuke over numerous chapters just to leave high and dry. If Yamato was really leaving with Luffy then it makes more sense narratively for Yamato to establish bonds with the other Strawhats then with Momo, no? What is the point of Momo and Yamato interacting this much?

Status
Not open for further replies.