Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I allowed myself to see only one, the pressure was too high
Post automatically merged:

But in the meantime I will have a little fun. I'll try to make sure of something. I want to be sure everyone understand a narrative notion:

When I say "there is a subversion dialogue" guys, what do you think I mean ?
You were trying to compare a character declaring something to an obvious fakeout death from the main character of the series in the spoilers thread.

Can't wait to see how delusional you are on friday.

Again, what I'm asking has NOTHING to do do with spoilers. I want to know what you guys think I means when I say "subversion dialogue". In short, I want to be sure every one understand what a subversion dialogue is.

Again, what I'm asking has NOTHING to do do with spoilers. I want to know what you guys think I means when I say "subversion dialogue". In short, I want to be sure every one understand what a subversion dialogue is.
Let me check the scriptures again.

"Subversion dialogues" are storytelling tools that helps the author lead the reader's mindset where they wants them to be while preparing and helping the diligent readers with little hints, to predict what is really to come in the future.

Let me check the scriptures again.

"Subversion dialogues" are storytelling tools that helps the author lead the reader's mindset where they wants them to be while preparing and helping the diligent readers with little hints, to predict what is really to come in the future.
Ok, can you give me one exemple in One Piece ? (another example from the ones I gave)

Going in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber...
I will come out friday.:getnappaed:
That’s waiting 2 years. You are waiting longer mate but will be stronger for it
:finally::finally:
Post automatically merged:

When I say "there is a subversion dialogue" guys, what do you think I mean ?
You are telling us that you don’t really know how to analyze stories!

Eto... Muzukashi exam desu...

Let's see... subversion dialogue... subversion dialogue...! AH! I got one!

Hiyori saying she'll kill Orochi with her own hands! At the end... it was Kyoshiro!

10/10 in my scriptures exam!
Nop only 7/10. Careful, Hiyori never said that she was gonna kill Orochi, she said she "wanted" to have the kill. So this is close to a subversion dialogue but not quite one.

But it's not your fault, it's mine. And you just made me realize that I was missing something in my explanation. So I will change something: From "subversion dialogue" I will now be talking about..

"Subversive affirmation"

Indeed, for a subversion to happen, there must be something "set", something "stated" or "affirmed" that "will happen"

I will give you two new examples of "subversive affirmation" in One Piece:

Remember: A "subversive affirmation" must contain an affirmation, and can only be uncovered by a corruption of the premisse/affirmation.

In this first image, Bege is affirming that Mama will die because she will be weakened by Mother Caramel's portrait destruction.

But there is a corruption of that premisse/affirmation. Indeed, Bege forgot to take into account that Mama is a emperor, and because of that has multiple powers to her arsenal, one of them being a Kings Haki so strong that it can destroy everything around her.

This affirmation is therefore a "Subversive affirmation". Mama will not die, but not only that but the attempt will fail greatly.

In this second image Krieg is affirming that he is invulnerable.

But there is a corruption of that premisse/affirmation. Indeed, Krieg is not taking all the clue into account in front of him : A. Luffy is feerless, B. Luffy is whiling to hurt himself to win.

That little affirmation is therefore a "Subversive affirmation". It will be instantly denied, Luffy will punch Krieg and prove him that he is not invulnerable despite his assets.

I hope you guys now better understand what a subversive affirmation really is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.