Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh that says a lot about the two.
Tama hasn't tried to force Ace's promise to bring her along onto Luffy despite bonding with him, and after learning about their relationship she felt bad about how bringing him up like that at the beginning must have hurt Luffy.
Yamato used Ace's promise to simply meet again, as well as invoking Oden parallels, as a pretext to demand (not ask) Luffy to let her join the moment they met, and has repeatedly claimed she'll be sailing with the Straw Hats even though Luffy never once actually saying yes.

I think Ace was right about how Yamato should be her own captain, and feel this could at worst be a Rocks-esque situation brewing if she joins. There's a major underlying issue with her previous disrespect for Luffy's actual will and authority as captain. Usopp (more jokingly) and Robin (more seriously) were in a similar situation with how they joined, and it took many arcs for that to resolve and them to become true Straw Hats.

Yamato has invoked Oden's situation as a reason for her joining, but one thing not brought up is how his ride out of the country Whitebeard had similar misgivings about him and his independence...and in the end Oden "temporarily" left Whitebeard to sail with Roger and never met him again.
If Yamato does end up traveling with the strawhats we always said in the past it could give her character sense of self-discovery her own purpose in life. That oden thing is just a running gag that she will learn later to be herself while still carrying on oden's will. Back in the day ussop always call himself captain ussop until post enis lobby. We do not see him calling captain Ussop that much anymore throughout the rest of story, do we? Robin when she first asks to join the strawhats. She kept nicknaming the strawhats based on their specific roles they have and the only person she ever calls by their real name was Luffy. After the events of water seven and enis lobby what happen she started to call her new friends that came to her rescue by their real names. Yamato whole goal is to the see world just like oden did. Since she has been prisoner under father organzation for 20 years it is very unlikely she is interested wanted to take over it. While green bull is on move after the Luffy's ahead believing akainu sense justice and ideals. Yamato is going have a target on her back since she is the daughter/son of yonko. The beast pirate cannot protect her she no interest in taking charge of them. Finally, Oden while traveling with whitebeard and roger eventually did have a sense self-discovery his own purpose life. Who is to say Yamato might have same epiphany? With that epiphany that could lead to some major development down the road.

Robin has kept some of informations for herself including Pluton in Wano. She’s now having a meeting with Hitetsu who is actually Sukiyaki; yet they don’t discuss anything about Wano’s “guardian deity” DF

Simple logic: Sukiyaki, Momo’s grandfather, one of previous rulers of Wano, never mentioned anything about Wano having their own “guardian deity” DF. Not to mention that Yamato ate it out of accident; Kaido never intended for that fruit to be eaten by Yamato, neither did Yamato.

It’s like saying Luffy is not going to be a pirate king since his DF is now the sun god Nika. Luffy should be a god not a pirate king, because Gorosei said that Luffy’s DF is Nika Nika not Gomu Gomu. I don’t understand how this is considered an argument after all

:lawsigh:

Robin has kept some of informations for herself including Pluton in Wano. She’s now having a meeting with Hitetsu who is actually Sukiyaki; yet they don’t discuss anything about Wano’s “guardian deity” DF

Simple logic: Sukiyaki, Momo’s grandfather, one of previous rulers of Wano, never mentioned anything about Wano having their own “guardian deity” DF. Not to mention that Yamato ate it out of accident; Kaido never intended for that fruit to be eaten by Yamato, neither did Yamato.

It’s like saying Luffy is not going to be a pirate king since his DF is now the sun god Nika. Luffy should be a god not a pirate king, because Gorosei said that Luffy’s DF is Nika Nika not Gomu Gomu. I don’t understand how this is considered an argument after all

:lawsigh:
I agree... Luffy shouldn't be a PK because his DF is the Sun God... Luffy needs to stay in Elbaf because there's a festival there for the Sun God... He must give up his pirate career... :wellwell:

I won't really comment on arguments surrounding that fruit, but... I don't get why Sukiyaki is being brought up. Why would he bring up the makami and its devil fruit? Does he even know Yamato exists and has it yet? I don't think Robin knows about her fruit yet, either. Even if that devil fruit does has some greater relationship to Wano, there's literally no reason for them to talk about that right now.

Real talk though, my main takeaway about that fruit is that like many things in Wano and especially Act 3 its existence wasn't planned out well. I'm curious about what its real connection to Wano could be though considering zoans are confirmed to have their own wills, which probably go all the way back to the Void Century. Rather than irony, perhaps it being eaten by someone who hates Kaido was exactly what the fruit itself wanted.

I won't really comment on arguments surrounding that fruit, but... I don't get why Sukiyaki is being brought up. Why would he bring up the makami and its devil fruit? Does he even know Yamato exists and has it yet? I don't think Robin knows about her fruit yet, either. Even if that devil fruit does has some greater relationship to Wano, there's literally no reason for them to talk about that right now.

Real talk though, my main takeaway about that fruit is that like many things in Wano and especially Act 3 its existence wasn't planned out well. I'm curious about what its real connection to Wano could be though considering zoans are confirmed to have their own wills, which probably go all the way back to the Void Century. Rather than irony, perhaps it being eaten by someone who hates Kaido was exactly what the fruit itself wanted.
Sukiyaki knows that Momo is alive and well, that’s why he said to Robin that he’s been intentionally hiding his presence from Momo; therefore Sukiyaki most likely knows about Yamato as well especially since Yamato has been in Wano more than a week. Sukiyaki most likely know about Wano’s guardian deity DF; IF it were really Wano’s guardian deity DF. Kaido wouldn’t have hard time to get it also.

And your next point is correct: there is no need to talk about that fruit, at least for now. Yamato intentionally reverted back to her human form before Luffy & Momo came, so I suggest not many people know about Yamato’s DF; not even Luffy; only Beast Pirates. The argument about her DF is irrelevant & dumb anyway

KonyaruIchi

👑𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓟𝓲𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓠𝓾𝓮𝓮𝓷👑
there's still a slight chance that yamato might not join cause we can't be sure what oda has in store for us but the arguments against her not joining are so bad that its not even funny anymore
This. Admittedly Oda is weirdly unpredictable so that's totally possible, the problem is the arguments against her, and the ones in favour of whatever other character is being argued for (Tama, Carrot, whoever else) tend to be complete nonsense:lawsigh:

Sukiyaki knows that Momo is alive and well, that’s why he said to Robin that he’s been intentionally hiding his presence from Momo; therefore Sukiyaki most likely knows about Yamato as well especially since Yamato has been in Wano more than a week. Sukiyaki most likely know about Wano’s guardian deity DF; IF it were really Wano’s guardian deity DF. Kaido wouldn’t have hard time to get it also.

And your next point is correct: there is no need to talk about that fruit, at least for now. Yamato intentionally reverted back to her human form before Luffy & Momo came, so I suggest not many people know about Yamato’s DF; not even Luffy; only Beast Pirates. The argument about her DF is irrelevant & dumb anyway
*chapter 1054 comes out*​

Group consensus doesn't mean confirmation, only speculation, she showed off an ability that was only talked about until that point, a general rule of story telling is "show dont tell"

Exactly Pedro cant fight the good fight for his people and he sacrificed himself for Luffy and crew to escape

Yeah she was losing, she wasn't meant to win
She even stated before the fight started that she knows she can't win and she only needs to stall till Luffy gets back
And then proceeded to combo Kaido

Its like you can't read

No one other than Kaido has ever mentioned this guardian. Kaido wanted it to be his guardian, its not mentioned to be Wano's guardian by anyone in wano

Wano was fucked by Kaido... and again there will be no other Kaido coming along

We aren't dealing in what ifs, only facts
And the fact of the matter is Wano has been saved and Greenbull is targeting Luffy, the world government has been ordered to pull out of the invasion since the borders are still closed

Once Luffy leaves Wano the country is no longer under threat by an invader, not to mention Greenbull is inadvertently restoring Wano's wastelands and removing the remaining beast pirates

Doing more good for the country than anything

You have SO much patience with trolls. It's quite impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.