Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yamato is simply way too similar to Nami for me to believe she's anything but a bait, details like eyebrows aren't going to cut. And yes you can find panels where Nami and Yamato look quite different but Oda doesn't always draw Nami the exact same way every time either so weird argument. Overall it feels Oda used a Nami template for Yamato though and tweaked it.

Yamato's face only got a panel count of like 10 yet people already find them to similar. That wouldn't happen if her design was distinct enough. Just look at the middle. Imagine with same expression
I refuse to believe Oda would be so lazy when it comes to designing a crewmember. Just look at how distinct from each other grandline crewmembers were. Look at Chopper. At Franky At Brook. At Jinbe. Even Robin looked way different than Nami when she got introduced despite being also a pretty girl.
First two images are switched vs the other two, cant help but think your trying to pull some bullshit outta that.

Again I disagree with this a bit Dizzy.

Nami is showcasing an expression of shock/surprise in one picture, hence the lighter eyes (this is generally the case for other characters as well) and Yamato’s lighter eyes are drawn as the norm, the default color for her. She wasn’t showcasing an expression of shock or surprise in any of these pictures. I mean a pretimeskip pic had to be pulled out to point out the similarity there. The only valid comparison in terms of expression is the last pic.
Real distinct characters would have panels where they almost look like clone, no matter their emotions and expressions.
Edit : Except if you take group facefaults maybe lol. But the fact Yamato just had her face revealed last chapter and there are already "cherrypicked"(using your words) panels where she looks like Nami is more a point against her than a point against the argument, imo. :ultimoji:

Last edited:
Now she only needs a dream and an official role she could fulfill in the crew then she’d have all the necessary requirements to be a potential SH. What her role could be ? Blacksmith, maybe. Finding a dream for her is a little trickier, I have no idea what it could be. I thought it could be to find the new Joy Boy but I want to believe Oda won’t use the reincarnation trope.

And now look at her. Can look eerily similar with Boa. Herp derp.
Still nobody ever complained about Robin and Nami looking simillar... My point is that Oda paid attention to making crewmembers all distinct from each other, even mores since grandline and it doesn't feel like he tried much with Yamato. Maybe for you she looks distinct enough or it doesn't matter but for me she clearly doesn't. If we disagree about that it's not use to argue.

Still nobody ever complained about Robin and Nami looking simillar... My point is that Oda paid attention to making crewmembers all distinct from each other, even mores since grandline and it doesn't feel like he tried much with Yamato. Maybe for you she looks distinct enough or it doesn't matter but for me she clearly doesn't. If we disagree about that it's not use to argue.
Nobody complained? Nobody took notice?
I've argued different face similar face structure, you are the one who can't bow out. So come back and take your L when things change.

As opposed to people acting like Yamato is a confirmed crewmate? I said I can't see her joining because I don't feel Oda trieid much with her design and explained why.
Because we want her to be on the crew? Because she said she'd like to? That's already enough evidence for some people, others take that as a step in the right direction.
You will always have haters and lovers of a character. Its just that simple. In the same token you have people who just want to deny everything for some reason or another.
I will admit Yamato does look similar but among other reasons that I want, I can see the difference she has. Hell what if there's a reason she looks similar as people say like Nami is actually also Kaidou's daughter. Its improbable but it "could" happen. Do I want it to? Fuck no.

Because we want her to be on the crew? Because she said she'd like to? That's already enough evidence for some people, others take that as a step in the right direction.
You will always have haters and lovers of a character. Its just that simple. In the same token you have people who just want to deny everything for some reason or another.
I will admit Yamato does look similar but among other reasons that I want, I can see the difference she has. Hell what if there's a reason she looks similar as people say like Nami is actually also Kaidou's daughter. Its improbable but it "could" happen. Do I want it to? Fuck no.
Yamato has points going for her, I am not going to deny it.( wouldn't be surprised if there are some twists going by how fast it went but I admit that's also speculative). I just believe her current design is a big no based on how Oda made the new crewmembers more and more distinct from each other as time went.
Maybe I'm totally wrong and Oda considers her to be distinct enough, or maybe she's getting a facial scar, idk.

Yamato has points going for her, I am not going to deny it.( wouldn't be surprised if there are some twists going by how fast it went but I admit that's also speculative). I just believe her current design is a big no based on how Oda made the new crewmembers more and more distinct from each other as time went.
Maybe I'm totally wrong and Oda considers her to be distinct enough, or maybe she's getting a facial scar, idk.
Idk either, I'd love it if she was much more distinct and wilder looking. But I'm just so happy I got a Kaidou Daughter like I've been wanting.
Maybe Yamato wont join but I hope she does.
If she did get scars I'd love it even more.

Idk either, I'd love it if she was much more distinct and wilder looking. But I'm just so happy I got a Kaidou Daughter like I've been wanting.
Maybe Yamato wont join but I hope she does.
If she did get scars I'd love it even more.
I agree with the wider looking, being Kaido's kid (who is build like a brick) and having his fighting style I would have loved her to be bulkier but alas Oda only has one body type for attractive girls so I'm not really surprised. :goatasure:
edit : oh shit I'm stupid I read wider instead of wilder:josad:

I agree with the wider looking, being Kaido's kid (who is build like a brick) and having his fighting style I would have loved her to be bulkier but alas Oda only has one body type for attractive girls so I'm not really surprised. :goatasure:
Yes, I agree. Lean fit, small chest bulkier arms and what not. Her using Kaidou's fighting style and her own what ever it is, MMA? Or wrestle like? Like Khutlun or whoever's they're based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.