Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not believe Yamato is joining.
The main reason for this, is character design.

Yamato looks like Nami with horns.

When creating a main cast character, you need to make their design distinctive and easily distinguishable from the rest of the cast. Outside of her horns and height, Yamato is basically Nami 2.0, and that is why I don't think she's joining the crew.

The Character design argument against Yamato is not valid.
Luffy saying Zou is like an island of choppers is Oda telling us that Minks looks like Chopper. That is a fact that Oda wanted to convey to us.

Yamato looks like Nami clone is subjective and is an opinion. Show me a panel in which luffy says to Yamato that she looks like Nami then it will become a manga fact that Oda wants to convey to us readers.

A straw hat wouldn't get introduced for the very first time 75 chapters into the final arc of a saga. That would be like Robin being introduced for the first time during the fights at Alabasta instead of at Whiskey Peak. Or like Franky being introduced during the key battle instead of in the opening chapters of Water 7.

We're entering the action stage of an arc that has been set up since 2012 back in Punk Hazard. That's not the time to be developing a brand new character to become a straw hat that we didn't even know existed less than 10 chapters ago.

Add that together with her generic Nami face design and how plastic her overall character is and it's pretty clear she's not going to join. "Oden rode on Roger's ship, so it makes sense that I should therefore ride on your ship". Like wut? No.

A straw hat wouldn't get introduced for the very first time 75 chapters into the final arc of a saga. That would be like Robin being introduced for the first time during the fights at Alabasta instead of at Whiskey Peak. Or like Franky being introduced during the key battle instead of in the opening chapters of Water 7.

We're entering the action stage of an arc that has been set up since 2012 back in Punk Hazard. That's not the time to be developing a brand new character to become a straw hat that we didn't even know existed less than 10 chapters ago.

Add that together with her generic Nami face design and how plastic her overall character is and it's pretty clear she's not going to join. "Oden rode on Roger's ship, so it makes sense that I should therefore ride on your ship". Like wut? No.
Then I want you to take the biggest Fattest L when your wrong.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Isn't that what you want Zoro to be? AHAHAHA holy shit you can't even see the writing on the wall.
Zoro and odens personalities were not the same. She hasnt even got a personality.
Do they have the same characteristics and do the same things is another point all together. Inherited will with oden is something zoro actually has.
Unlike her who even luffy calls out with her im oden your oden nonsense.

Any writer has the freedom to what they want right? So oda can decide when to introduce any potential strawhat. And it's not as if it's oda who declared that he ll introduce every next strawhat at the first parts of the arc. I mean he can do whatbhe wabts
Post automatically merged:

She probably will.
But shes complete trash so far.
A lame ass oden wannabe with no personality that even luffy sees through.
Expecting an in depth chravter build up with just three chapters in for her lol

Funny how people justify that certain characters exactly look like the other one, while that has been oda's style of good looking ladies. I mean there's only one artist that draws this, so the style wont really become entirely different to the other.

'nami's template' can be seen with nami, rebecca, tashigi, pudding and yamato with a little tweaks in the eyes the hair and added features like horns, third eye or eyeglasses or whatnot.

Robin's template can also be seen somewhat with hancock.

I dont see the reason why people are making fuss about this
And none of these girls are part of the crew. :kayneshrug: weird how Oda actually deviated from namiface when he had another girl join the crew back in Alabasta, uh? As if he actually put more effort for staw hat that is going to have *constant* appearance til the end than for a secondary character.

Last edited:
If her mom isn't Big Mom and actually she was dead, then its a build up character.
And we need to find out who knew if Yamato is a girl except Kaido and maybe his 3 calamities.
I wonder what Ace knew about Yamato exactly

He definitely knew Yamato was a she in my opinion, perhaps not her descendancy however

I wonder if anyone else could know

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
I wonder what Ace knew about Yamato exactly
He definitely knew Yamato was a she in my opinion, perhaps not her descendancy however
I wonder if anyone else could know
Yes, Ace was visited Onigashima because in last chapter Yamato said she never leave Onigashima. So how in the first place Yamato and Ace even met if Ace never visited Onigashima.

Regarding to who knew if Yamato is a girl this whole time except Kaido and maybe his 3 calamities, the answer is Black Maria. Why?

1. She asking Kaido about "Yamato", when he want Flying Six to find Yamato.

2. Black Maria has no interest in searching for Yamato.

Status
Not open for further replies.