Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember the disagreement on Jinbe joining years ago, it's more "valid" than the reasons given for Yamato now, but look where we are now...
I hate to say it and I know people are gonna disagree with me on this, but i can't help but think that with both jinbe joining back then and even with Yamato now, it has always been pushed back by fan bias.

Jinbe's joining was set in stone the moment Luffy asked him join back on Fishman Island. And yet there were people who kept beating it over the head that jinbe wasn't gonna join and praying that jinbe was gonna die in WCI. This was the same time that people 'believed' it was the 'Year of Sanji' as Oda's editor I think? called it, and that anything that jinbe had with WCI was gonna steal his thunder. Even more hilarious was when they were 'disappointed' when jinbe was alive and fine showing up in Wano. I have never seen the 'crazy' obsession to wish death upon a character and a straw hat.

With every case of a straw hat joining, from my observation it has always been the case that either they join by invitation and interest from luffy (a lot of times strong arming them), OR they themselves show interest in joining and end up joining with Luffy's approval, i mean just look at it:

Zoro: first straw hat, luffy forced him into joining, otherwise he wasn't gonna save him and give him back his swords

Nami: tagged along first as 'working' partners, then after the buggy arc, asked Luffy to join the crew, 'left' the crew in Arlong Park Arc, then came back to join again at the end of the arc

Ussop: was gonna join before Luffy even met him, since Luffy already heard of him from Yassop back when he first hanged with shank's crew.

Sanji: Strong arms sanji to join because he's looking for a cook, also said that if sanji didn't join he won't help the chefs of baratie beat up and drive off the krieg pirates.

Chopper: wanted chopper after their first encounter, and nagged him to join till the very end. Just before leaving sakura kingdom when chopper was still having second thoughts, Luffy literally yells out: "Just shut up and join already!"

Robin: Asked Luffy to join first, Luffy straightaway said "Ok" lmao, once that happened no matter how much robin tried to turn back and away from Luffy and the Straw Hats on Enies Lobby, Luffy still followed through and made robin join the crew.

Franky: strong armed franky into joining, holding his speedos as hostage, the reason why Franky today isn't walking around naked. Luffy also literally had Franky by the balls, thanks to robin giving him a hand.

Brook: Talking skeleton, musician, funny and yohohoho. Luffy wanted brook to join and brook also wanted to join the crew, the deal was done at the dinner table in the dining hall on the Sunny.

Jinbe: Luffy told jinbe to join his crew at the end of the Fishman Island arc, and that still held up even after 5 Arcs :Fishman Island, Punk Hazard, Dressrosa, Zou, WCI and FINALLY joining in Wano.

Now with Carrot, NOT ONCE has she ever conveyed to Luffy that she wants to join the crew, and NOT ONCE has Luffy told Carrot or even hinted that he wants Carrot to join, communication from both ends is pretty much non-existent. Even after the long span of 2 and a half arcs: Zou, WCI and now Wano.

Now you finally compare that with Yamato- Its her very first time meeting with Luffy, and already she asks him to join the crew, even going so far to say it in Oden's words to make sure she gets it right.

And yet still some people say that Carrot is joining, while at the same time Yamato is a confirmed, definite not joining. I'm unconvinced and don't believe that, yeah sorry but no. The facts and history speak for themselves.

:gonope::kata:
Post automatically merged:

That's the sad part actually... They cared more with the head canon dynamics and the now-defunct M3...
Oh boy, that crap almost pissed me off to no end, especially what jinbe did for luffy before the timeskip, yet people were still coming up with every excuse under the sun that jinbe was gonna die- Just to 'protect' their precious monster trio head canon.

:lusalty:

Last edited:
Tbh, I can see a woman lead Wano, either it's Hiyori or someone stronger. Kaido's plan to make Yamato as a shogun is confirmed my headcanon.

History has outlined, women should not be emperors of Japan. Looks like Oda will take that constitution to make his own Japanese dream land. Making a woman as a shogun. Looks like Hiyori will become the Shogun instead of Momo until Yamato is introduced to us and she's big fan of Oden. Coincidence? I don't think so. We don't know her mother yet. If her mother is Wano's citizen that will confirm 50% of my headcanon.

And if Yamato really wants to become Oden, joining SH is not the way. She will remain in Wano and become shogun under Luffy's protection. In addition all of candidate of a woman country leader has nami's template.

If her dream changed in the end of arc I can see her joining the SH. Or at least Oda can give her another power that not based on thunder/electric thing like thunder bagua, we already have Nami and Carrot to perform such a thing. Or maybe ancient/mythical zoan df.

Last edited:

djiayebee

☆ 𝕊𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕡𝕖𝕣 𝔻𝕒𝕕𝕕𝕪 ☆
I hate to say it and I know people are gonna disagree with me on this, but i can't help but think that with both jinbe joining back then and even with Yamato now, it has always been pushed back by fan bias.

Jinbe's joining was set in stone the moment Luffy asked him join back on Fishman Island. And yet there were people who kept beating it over the head that jinbe wasn't gonna join and praying that jinbe was gonna die in WCI. This was the same time that people 'believed' it was the 'Year of Sanji' as Oda's editor I think? called it, and that anything that jinbe had with WCI was gonna steal his thunder. Even more hilarious was when they were 'disappointed' when jinbe was alive and fine showing up in Wano. I have never seen the 'crazy' obsession to wish death upon a character and a straw hat.

With every case of a straw hat joining, from my observation it has always been the case that either they join by invitation and interest from luffy (a lot of times strong arming them), OR they themselves show interest in joining and end up joining with Luffy's approval, i mean just look at it:

Zoro: first straw hat, luffy forced him into joining, otherwise he wasn't gonna save him and give him back his swords

Nami: tagged along first as 'working' partners, then after the buggy arc, asked Luffy to join the crew, 'left' the crew in Arlong Park Arc, then came back to join again at the end of the arc

Ussop: was gonna join before Luffy even met him, since Luffy already heard of him from Yassop back when he first hanged with shank's crew.

Sanji: Strong arms sanji to join because he's looking for a cook, also said that if sanji didn't join he won't help the chefs of baratie beat up and drive off the krieg pirates.

Chopper: wanted chopper after their first encounter, and nagged him to join till the very end. Just before leaving sakura kingdom when chopper was still having second thoughts, Luffy literally yells out: "Just shut up and join already!"

Robin: Asked Luffy to join first, Luffy straightaway said "Ok" lmao, once that happened no matter how much robin tried to turn back and away from Luffy and the Straw Hats on Enies Lobby, Luffy still followed through and made robin join the crew.

Franky: strong armed franky into joining, holding his speedos as hostage, the reason why Franky today isn't walking around naked. Luffy also literally had Franky by the balls, thanks to robin giving him a hand.

Brook: Talking skeleton, musician, funny and yohohoho. Luffy wanted brook to join and brook also wanted to join the crew, the deal was done at the dinner table in the dining hall on the Sunny.

Jinbe: Luffy told jinbe to join his crew at the end of the Fishman Island arc, and that still held up even after 5 Arcs :Fishman Island, Punk Hazard, Dressrosa, Zou, WCI and FINALLY joining in Wano.

Now with Carrot, NOT ONCE has she ever conveyed to Luffy that she wants to join the crew, and NOT ONCE has Luffy told Carrot or even hinted that he wants Carrot to join, communication from both ends is pretty much non-existent. Even after the long span of 2 and a half arcs: Zou, WCI and now Wano.

Now you finally compare that with Yamato- Its her very first time meeting with Luffy, and already she asks him to join the crew, even going so far to say it in Oden's words to make sure she gets it right.

And yet still some people say that Carrot is joining, while at the same time Yamato is a confirmed, definite not joining. I'm unconvinced and don't believe that, yeah sorry but no. The facts and history speak for themselves.

:gonope::kata:
Post automatically merged:

Oh boy, that crap almost pissed me off to no end, especially what jinbe did for luffy before the timeskip, yet people were still coming up with every excuse under the sun that jinbe was gonna die- Just to 'protect' their precious monster trio head canon.

:lusalty:
Great analysis!!! I pretty much agree with everything you said.. except the bit on Carrot ^^ I am not convinced yet her chances to join is zero! Look at Usopp, actually he was like "oh well now it's time to part ways, see ya!" and Luffy answered "wtf you're talking about, come on you're part of the crew already"... Imo the fact he is Yasop's kid and Luffy had heard about him before was just the cherry on top of the cake but not the reason why Luffy wanted him, he was interested in his shooting skill among other stuff...

But anyway that's for another topic. I thik Yamato will join and there's no set rule that she would be the only new member ^^

Tbh, I can see a woman lead Wano, either it's Hiyori or someone stronger. Kaido's plan to make Yamato as a shogun is confirmed my headcanon.

History has outlined, women should not be emperors of Japan. Looks like Oda will take that constitution to make his own Japanese dream land. Making a woman as a shogun. Looks like Hiyori will become the Shogun instead of Momo until Yamato is introduced to us and she's big fan of Oden. Coincidence? I don't think so. We don't know her mother yet. If her mother is Wano's citizen that will confirm 50% of my headcanon.

And if Yamato really wants to become Oden, joining SH is not the way. She will remain in Wano and become shogun under Luffy's protection. In addition all of candidate of a woman country leader has nami's template.

If her dream changed in the end of arc I can see her joining the SH. Or at least Oda can give her another power that not based on thunder/light like thunder bagua, we already have Nami and Carrot to perform such a thing. Or maybe ancient/mythical zoan df.
Yeah, I've been considering this idea for a few days now. It could even carry more weight since Yamato is the daughter of Kaido, the killer of Oden. A point in Orochi's past that led him to want to destroy Wano is the fact the fact that he was judged and hunted for a crime his ancestors committed. Despite how terrible Orochi is, Oda attempted to display that moment as an act genuinely wrong of the Wano citizens to commit.

When you combine the gender issues of Wano:

The way Wano citizens treat those simply related to criminals:
And the fact that Momo is still too young to be the shogun, with there being many hints that it's simply too early for him to rule atm:

Being shogun and a great warrior is not yet his own dream. Simply something he's been told to recite.

Momo thinks he's not ready to inherit his father's blade

Momo's aware of his position and tries his best not to be a burden. He later tries to escape and Kanjuro almost beats him to death, because he's still just a kid and can't possibly fight back. Once again proving that he's simply just as kid, despite his circumstances.
Momo's respect is not because of who he is, but because of who his father was.

It's possible that all this is just setup for Momo's character growth and him fully maturing into the figure he wants to be. Shinobu even has a maturing df power so who knows what might happen with that. But it's also very interesting that Yamato a strong, outspoken female, daughter of a "daimyo killer" who out of "sheer coincidence" happens to be the exact same age that Momo would've been had he been allowed to mature instead of skipping forward 20 years in time. And she also happens to have an immense adoration for Oden to the point that she claims to be him. Not to mention just last chapter, a plot line was introduced with the possibility of Yamato becoming shogun for Kaido over Onigashima.

I imagine if she found out that Momo and Hiyori and the scabbards were still alive, after Kaido had been beaten and was out of the picture, that she might voluntarily wish to rule Wano in Momo's stead until he is old enough to rule himself, letting Momo finally enjoy his childhood after so many hardships with Tama as a surrogate kid sister to Hiyori, until he is mature enough, and willing to rule Wano.

Yamato's desire to get on Luffy's ship is tied to her belief that she NEEDS to be Oden. If this belief changes after realising that all of the inheritors of Oden's will are still alive, it's possible she'll develop her own character. Wanting to rule Wano, something Oden never wanted to do would be a great expression of that. Showing her respect for Oden in looking after his country, whilst simultaneously proving her to be her own self and not a lazy copy like she is atm.

TL;DR So yeah, it's possible Momo could just be in a development stage where he eventually matures to becoming shogun by the end of the arc. But it's also possible that Yamato acts as a stand in whilst Momo enjoys his childhood and grows up. Yamato being the same age Momo would've been, an outspoken strong woman, someone with the blood of a daimyo killer in her, she would send a strong message to all of Wano and it's possible that's the direction Oda intends for her character.

Last edited:
Yeah, I've been considering this idea for a few days now. It could even carry more weight since Yamato is the daughter of Kaido, the killer of Oden. A point in Orochi's past that led him to want to destroy Wano is the fact the fact that he was judged and hunted for a crime his ancestors committed. Despite how terrible Orochi is, Oda attempted to display that moment as an act genuinely wrong of the Wano citizens to commit.

When you combine the gender issues of Wano:

The way Wano citizens treat those simply related to criminals:
And the fact that Momo is still too young to be the shogun, with there being many hints that it's simply too early for him to rule atm:

Being shogun and a great warrior is not yet his own dream. Simply something he's been told to recite.

Momo thinks he's not ready to inherit his father's blade

Momo's aware of his position and tries his best not to be a burden. He later tries to escape and Kanjuro almost beats him to death, because he's still just a kid and can't possibly fight back. Once again proving that he's simply just as kid, despite his circumstances.
Momo's respect is not because of who he is, but because of who his father was.

It's possible that all this is just setup for Momo's character growth and him fully maturing into the figure he wants to be. Shinobu even has a maturing df power so who knows what might happen with that. But it's also very interesting that Yamato a strong, outspoken female, daughter of a "daimyo killer" who out of "sheer coincidence" happens to be the exact same age that Momo would've been had he been allowed to mature instead of skipping forward 20 years in time. And she also happens to have an immense adoration for Oden to the point that she claims to be him. Not to mention just last chapter, a plot line was introduced with the possibility of Yamato becoming shogun for Kaido over Onigashima.

I imagine if she found out that Momo and Hiyori and the scabbards were still alive, after Kaido had been beaten and was out of the picture, that she might voluntarily wish to rule Wano in Momo's stead until he is old enough to rule himself, letting Momo finally enjoy his childhood after so many hardships with Tama as a surrogate kid sister to Hiyori, until he is mature enough, and willing to rule Wano.

Yamato's desire to get on Luffy's ship is tied to her belief that she NEEDS to be Oden. If this belief changes after realising that all of the inheritors of Oden's will are still alive, it's possible she'll develop her own character. Wanting to rule Wano, something Oden never wanted to do would be a great expression of that. Showing her respect for Oden in looking after his country, whilst simultaneously proving her to be her own self and not a lazy copy like she is atm.

TL;DR So yeah, it's possible Momo could just be in a development stage where he eventually matures to becoming shogun by the end of the arc. But it's also possible that Yamato acts as a stand in whilst Momo enjoys his childhood and grows up. Yamato being the same age Momo would've been, an outspoken strong woman, someone with the blood of a daimyo killer in her, she would send a strong message to all of Wano and it's possible that's the direction Oda intends for her character.
She stays in Wano and become leader until Momo grows up

Status
Not open for further replies.