Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
i joined this message board just to point out how stupid this statement is. so Turles from DBZ doesn't look like Goku because Gohan doesn't say he does? or is it an objective fact that they resemble each other? "what Oda wishes to convey" SAYS YOU wtf if someone looks like someone they look like someone are you dumb?
This is not a great way to introduce yourself, man. There are clear similarities between Yamato and Nami, but I think balajiram’s point is that this slight resemblance alone shouldn’t automatically exclude her from being a viable candidate for joining the crew. Personal insults aren’t helpful in your argument or endearing yourself to the forum right away.

i joined this message board just to point out how stupid this statement is. so Turles from DBZ doesn't look like Goku because Gohan doesn't say he does? or is it an objective fact that they resemble each other? "what Oda wishes to convey" SAYS YOU wtf if someone looks like someone they look like someone are you dumb?
I assume u haven’t seen the movie of Turles. Let me tell you what Turles say to Goku. He says the following:
In the Dragon Ball Z: Anime Film Comics, it is stated that the reason why Turles and Goku look alike is that the facial patterns of each warrior are similar within the low-rank Saiyans. In the film itself, Turles says that he looks like Goku because they are low-class and because the low-class don't have many distinct physical looks.
Post automatically merged:

So Turles literally gives an explanation for why he looks like Goku. I cannot believe how ignorant you are!
Post automatically merged:

And you have the nerve to call me dumb. How ironic. Are you dumb or what?

Last edited:
Yeah, precisely.

Whilst they've interacted, Luffy isn't exactly impressed with her. And whilst that on its own doesn't mean much, that was basically what the reasonable claims for Yamato4nakama were banking on. Her and Luffy hitting it off right away and some quality time off the bat. Which didn't happen.

Yamato told Luffy her entire deal. Her idol, her wish, her backstory, her restrictions. Bam, bam, bam, we quickly fly through each of them and the very next chapter after she mentions the handcuffs and how they've been oh so restrictive and are responsible for her imprisonment for 20 whole years, Luffy takes them off. It's not made into some big deal with Luffy finally freeing her and allowing her to pursue her dream, instead it's played out like a joke. "Waaa, father was really gonna kill me!!!" *Gag crying face*

Despite how dark it should be, it's not treated as the serious ordeal that it is. And after which, Luffy holds back Yamato, telling her that the scabbards should be the ones to initiate the attack on Kaido, not her, despite being Kaido's daughter and her idolisation of Oden.

I also don't think not having a dream yet is a big deal since Oda can reveal that at any point tbh. He's revealed dreams for crew mates just before they join like in the case of Brook, so there's that. And for role whilst I'd agree it's too early to declare she doesn't have one (Although I don't think she ever will), it also doesn't help that her fellow candidate in Carrot has already been repeatedly positioned in a functional role on the crew in the lookout position. Similar to how Oda foreshadowed Jinbe being the straw hats helmsman by having him helm from Impel Down to Marineford. At the time he was just another helmsman with no mention on his amazing skills, but hundreds of chapters later, when the time came, he built on a skill previously shown to highlight that Jinbe is in fact amazing.
I'm not sure why Luffy's appreciation regarding Yamato's past or importance vis-a-vis the story of Wano should have any weight in his decision, especially considering the fact he often asked someone to join his crew for no reason. He recruited Franky, Robin and Nami without knowing anything about their past and he doesn't really care about their story, Luffy is too carefree to take that into consideration.

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
If Yamato ia 28 she would have 3 brothers at least since BM got sons that age.
Or she gave early birth to them and got pregnant right after. But I cant remember the birthdays of those triplets.
We still dont know Big Mom "pregnant period".
And considering her DF is Soul-Soul fruit, that might be some reason why she willing to make 85 children + Yamato if she really her daughter. lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.