Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do love a good wager. So here's mine: both Carrot and Jinbe will be the only new official Straw Hat crewmates when the crew arrives at the island immediately following Wano. The pot is open until spoilers for 1001 come out; to sign up, @ me and let me know. I'll pick someone from that list at that time, and if I end up being wrong, I'll wear an avatar of that person's choosing (within forum rules) for a full year. Everyone who chips in on the wager will get a credit in my sig leading with "Avatar made possible by:". If both of them do officially join by that time, all those in the wager will wear a tasteful Carrot avatar of their choice but approved by me (no sarcasm, no gore, no Playboy bunnies, just nice stuff) for a year. All conditions are to be fulfilled within a week of the chapter where they arrive at the new island.

To be clear, if Yamato or anyone else joins instead of or as well as Carrot, or if no one besides Jinbe joins, or even if Carrot is there in an unofficial role like before, I lose. And I won't ask any Carrot supporters to join me: it's not a wager where you'll get glory for winning, but I hope that you'll find worth in the battle we've fought up to now.

Agree with this..
Yamato is too new for manga readers & anime viewers, which is Lacking chapters & episodes for us readers to have an attachment, lacking motive to join.. And no new profession needed though in sh crew..

Yamato will fit as new beast pirates representative after kaido lose.. Similarly with katakuri after big mom Lose..

SH crew =
- Captain : luffy
- Combatant (vice captain) : zoro
- Navigator : nami
- Sniper : usopp
- Cook : sanji
- Doctor : chopper
- Archeologist : robin
- Shipwright : franky
- Musician : brook
- Helmsman : jinbe
(Yamato did not have a fit profession)

SH grand fleet (for fodders during war) =
- Cavendish = senior supernova, attack role
- Bartolomeo = junior supernova, tank role
- Sai = large strong fleet happo navy & represent kano country
- Ideo pirates = bring different races for the allies (long arm & long leg) + bounty hunters
- Tontatta pirates = stealth & heal role from dwarf races, also represent dressrosa country
- Hajrudin = giant races, AoE attack role, reprsent elbaf country
- Orlumbus = large weak huge 4300 fleet old experienced mediocre pirates
(Yamato as kaido child is too big to be fleet Members)

Allies country kingdom island =
- Wano (shogun momonosuke, 9 scabbards, hyogoro & yakuza, samurais)
- Skypea island (god gan fall, wypers, skypeans)
- Amazon lily island (boa hancock, amazonians(
- Zou (inuarashi, nekomamushi, carrot, minks)
- Germa kingdom (vinsmoke family, superhuman clone army)
Alabasta kingdom (king cobra, vivi)
- Dressrosa kingdom (king riku, scarlett, viola, rebecca, kyros, dwarf races)
- Ryugu kingdom (king neptune, shirahoshi, fishmen races)
- Drum / sakura kingdom (king dalton, kureha, many doctors)
- Prodence kingdom (king elizabello)
- Goa kingdom (people who know luffy ace sabo raised there)
- Kurigaina island (mihawk)
(Yamato didn't lead an country kingdom island, wano will be momo's)

Allied pirates =
- Sun pirates
- Bellamy pirates
- Baratie
- Revolutionaty army
- Kuja pirates
- red haired pirates
- Former yonkou pirates? Ex whitebeard pirates led by marco/weevil, ex big mom pirates led by katakuri, ex beast pirates led by yamato
(Yamato will fit here as SH allies with his / her own pirates)

Last edited:
J

Jo_Ndule

Just because Nami, Usopp, Chopper or Sanji were steering or fixing the ship doesn't mean there isn't more for being a helmsman or a shipwright.

You're kidding yourselves if you think being a lookout is as simple as being a helmsman or a shipwright. They can extend to a new depth with special skills that Oda has emphasized on and showed strawhats were lacking before Jinbe and Franky joined. Nami commented on Jinbe's skill to surf the wave in the Green Room as if it's his own body that allows him to:

Franky would have failed to guide Sunny out the wave before Meme's Homie crushes them. Franky's engineering skills are also incomparable with Usopp's. He is the one who fully designed the Sunny, added the Coup De Vent, can easily construct bridges, stairs (Franky skywalk), different cannons/weapons within the ship etc... He even helped Usopp to upgrade Nami's weapon, showing his skill even extends to gadgets and external weapons.

Usopp and Franky complement each other. Usopp is the better marksman, Franky is the better carpenter, yet both possess a good knowledge on each other's profession to temporarily fill each other's place.

But anyone with a good fucking eyesight can fill a lookout role.
Post automatically merged:

Scouting can be part of the marksman's job:

Ussop isn't lafitte

Carrot has been doing the lookout in zou and WCI
Even in Wano arc she will do it... she is just focused on avenging Pedro stomach

J

Jo_Ndule

Since she gav the log to momo and she likes adventure so much and retainers survived.

Next nakama will be Carrot and Yamago

Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Nami, Chopper, Usopp.

Older, Robin Franky, Jinbei, Brook.
Bout even I'd say, of course she's older than some, but it's not really anything to matter about.
apprenticeship isn't about age anyways.

I've told you time and time again but you keep crying out the same thing.
"Show me the EVIDENCE."
lol that's the only thing you say and I got to say It's FUCKING OLD!

How much more evidence do you need when each chapter is giving more and more ammunition toward her joining the Strawhats, Stop with your fucking denying. It's childish.
No apprentice is over 20
Hell not even above 18

Oden was 29 when he became a pirate under WB, nobody called him an apprentice

Every apprentice in OP so far have been teens

I can see both, but Oda needs to:

- Not shaft Carrot and her fight against Peros
- Give us a decent backstory with her and Peros and what all of this means to her
- Not have anyone else interfere in that fight.

This is pretty much her relevancy at Wano. It effectively gets destroyed if the above isn't maintained or elaborated on.

Yamato is a given, and tbh has had more relevancy to the plot in 20 chapters than Carrot has gotten ever at this point

Since she gav the log to momo and she likes adventure so much and retainers survived.

Next nakama will be Carrot and Yamago

No apprentice is over 20
Hell not even above 18

Oden was 29 when he became a pirate under WB, nobody called him an apprentice

Every apprentice in OP so far have been teens
Luffy wants 10 companions, not 11. And three characters joining the crew in the same arc is extremely unlikely, two (Jinbe + either Carrot or Yamato) is already a lot.

Luffy wants 10 companions, not 11. And three characters joining the crew in the same arc is extremely unlikely, two (Jinbe + either Carrot or Yamato) is already a lot.
Pretty much my point in it. 10 companions seems like the optimal number, sans Luffy. The manga is ending "soon", so I do expect the crew to be complete after this arc. Truly think its just Jinbe and Yamato, that's it. No Carrot, Smoker, Vivi or any other character left. As much as I've enjoyed Carrots role on the ship, nothing really has been emphasized as a main character that gets spotlight.

Even now where it should count, she's barely getting screentime as it is vs the other strawhats. Yamato has been right up there with every other Strawhat in terms of being present in most chapters, with few instances of breaks in between (ala, Sanji, Jinbe, etc right now).

To me, Yamato is fitting an extraordinary niche for the crew right now. Extremely powerful, adventurous, unique female that not only has a unique fighting style but a hidden devil fruit that we dont know about yet. Shes already stepping in Carrots toes in a way, because nothing about Carrots fighting style is overtly unique compared to the other minks. Oda would have 100% made her stand out more than she has at this point, and I'm failing to see her being relevant much more than a potential win against Perospero, which im skeptical of too

Status
Not open for further replies.