Chapter Discussion ONE PIECE 974: ONWARD TO ONIGASHIMA

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Ending of the chapter was good, no doubt about it.

however I expected the Kanjuro reveal to happen a bit later in the arc. To be specific, when the alliance is inside Kaido's castle and after Robin takes a copy of Kaido's Road Poneglyph and translates it. Kanjuro was interestingly present everytime there was a reveal about the RPs and SHs getting them. Both in Zou with Robin and Nami translating it and locating it on a map. and here:

One of the questions that I've been asking myself about the traitor, was about why he and his bosses(Kaido/Orochi) don't use their advantage of having a spy to thoroughly annihilate the alliance sooner than this? Specially considering how careful Orochi is(or to be more precise how Oda is trying to paint Orochi as a smart and careful guy, which he isn't. Not to that degree) . Why destroying the bridges and ships and his country's infrastructure (which he needs just as much as anyone else) when the rebels are still fine and alive somewhere out there? He's acting more like a terrorist group against a government than someone at power dealing with rebels. If it was about kidnapping Momonosuke and getting rid of scabbards, they had many opportunities from way back when they time traveled. Considering all of this, the answer I came up before these last few chapters was this:

Kaido tried his best to get information about RPs, Laughtale, void century and etc from Oden. from bribing him, torturing him or threatening him with his family's lives. but he couldn't and Oden died. having failed at a direct approach he ordered the traitor to go with scabbards on their journey since there was a chance of Momonosuke or Scabbards still having some pieces of info. During this journey and after reaching Zou, seeing the RP, Robin translating it, and hearing about SHs going to WCI and getting BM's RP, he decided to delay ruining alliance's plan until SHs have obatained 3 RP and deciphered them. Meaning Kanjuro would wait after Robin goes to Kaido's RP's room and translates the RP. Then he proceeds to stealing all the info and kidnaps Robin. And from that moment on Kaido won't hold back on destroying the alliance. It would also brings Ino or Neko's prediction in Zou about big shots going after Robin to reality.

But with the way things ended up, the traitor reveal feels rather misplaced. I still like the chapter since we ended the FB and are back with Worst Generation entering the game, but i can't help but think that it could be done better and result in everyone's actions being more justified and understandable with less questions about the whole traitor plot line.

Victorious Gotti, who recovers Chiffon. The Navy is back to lose as usual, let's see if there will be any surprises.

Let's start with Kyoshiro and Hyori who talk in a nice little room. Nothing important is said. The first tells her that Orochi has fallen in love with her, not knowing his identity.

The scene passes to Kaido and Orochi, a few months before the present.

The second reveals to the first that Toki, for his powers, has sent Kinemon, Kanjuro, Raizo, Kiku and Momonosuke into the present.

While the second seems hesitant, then he seems to believe it, and tells to thers that he wants them alive (he will want to ask him about Raftel; Oden, maybe, have said something to his own). Kaido had five years to ask these questions to Oden, however, it seems that, at the time, He still didn't occur him to reach Raftel and become Pirate King, but then, after years, he must have changed his mind to about.

Orochi says that their informant can be trusted (we are talking about the elusive "traitor" that has been talked about for a long time).

He isn't an ordinary person, he is someone who has completely lost his heart and all his emotions, after being deprived of his parents and the whole clan: all murdered.

He went to Orochi in search of help. The latter gave him a fruit and an important goal to accomplish: become a Kozuki to death.

Let's go back to the present. We return to the group of Luffy, who was about to leave for Onigashima, before losing their ships, for Orochi.

And in the end, the traitor reveals himself: Kanjuro Kurozumi. He is from the same family of Orochi.

Kurozumi are very cool.

After Denjiro's great revelation which is Kyoshiro (although, however, I have imagined it for centuries), in this week's cap, we had another great revelation, in some ways, even better than the previous one.
They had all been shot: Carrot, Denjiro, Hyori, Shinobu, Law, etc. Someone said also Kanjuro.

I had started to believe that there wan't a real traitor.

He reminded me Water 7 , when we discovered the true identity of Rob, Kaku, Blueno and Califa (even there it was a heart attack!).

It was a powerful surprise.

Maybe, Oda didn't have it in mind since his appearance in Dressrosa.
However, I liked this revelation, as it makes the character more complex. In any case, also knowing Oda's modus operandi, he will redeem himself for the end of the saga, a bit like Pudding. Imho, he'll fight ours first, then he'll help them.

I remind you that his devil fruit is potentially better than those of the Top Commanders, of Big Mom and Kaido.

He being able to create an infinite army of pacifists, giants, Oars, dragons, fishmen, minks, demons, smiles and sea monsters, it could even create copies of Roger, the other Emperors, the Admirals or ex-members of the Seven.

This if the user knows how to draw almost Oda (something tells me that it is one of his favorite fruits).

Kanjuro seemed unable to do this. But, after the latest revelations, now, we know that he knows how to draw.

A fleet of enemy ships arrives, as physiognomy, they remember as Navy warships. Kinemon tries to cut Kanjuro, but the latter turns out to be a copy. And the latter takes Momo and went to ships.

But Luffy, Kidd and Law appearad. The three haven't met since Sabaody, the three strongest men of the worst generation. It was obvious that Kidd would join the group, Oda had made him disappear because he wanted to focus on other things, but his moment is back. In the next chapter, we will see them definitely defeat the ships, and maybe we will see some new skills of Kidd.

I think Kanjuro will escape in some way, like drawing any bird and using it to Onigashima.

Rating: 1.5 / 2

I know you guys are afraid to show your emotions and would rather say it was shit reveal but be honest with yourselves haha. I teard up reading this i couldn't believe that kanjuro the guy we have been watching since dressrosa was the traitor blew my mind 10 out of 10 ohh and it was raining and kanjuros df painting doesn't work in the rain yet it did, my guess is he lied about its weaknesses or oda just fucked up lol other then that mint as chapter.

Last edited:
Kaido's hobby is suicide and in this chapter Kanjuro said he's looking for a place to die.

Oden lost because Momo was kidnapped. And now, Kanjuro has kidnapped Momo.

What if..

Kanjuro is the true mastermind :sadgrin:
I would absolutely love this!

I love how hype the past chapters were (and probably the coming chapters will be)! Hopefully they’ll nail this in the anime, but for now the goosebumps I get from the manga are already worth it. Once One Piece is finished, it will be one of the most epic stories ever written.

Status
Not open for further replies.