Chapter Discussion ONE PIECE 974: ONWARD TO ONIGASHIMA

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ardym

Well it seems that Luffy gave him the date and place , for the case that he changes his mind. that is why he came as well, while he saw the other samurais at the other port.
it just means that the flashback between him and Luffy was not complete.
Luffy trusted him and told him everything in case he decides to join.
and
by the way it seems the others knew that there is a traitor among the red scabbards (maybe told by Kyoshiro or deduction), that is why they changed every thing after the departure of the red scabbards. I think that is why Franky wanted to make more ships

Last edited by a moderator:
I imagine that we'll see marines coming to Wano sooner or later, they just can't be completely absent of the arc events. I imagine that at least Smoker, Tashigi, Vegapunk, Sentomaru, Kizaru or Fujitora may come.
Fujitora would be a wise choice to lead or co-lead them since he can easely allow marine forces to enter Wano with his df.

I imagine that we'll see marines coming to Wano sooner or later, they just can't be completely absent of the arc events. I imagine that at least Smoker, Tashigi, Vegapunk, Sentomaru, Kizaru or Fujitora may come.
Fujitora would be a wise choice to lead or co-lead them since he can easely allow marine forces to enter Wano with his df.
Marines might be involved cause SWORD is there in wano. I think even the elders don't know about the secret marine force as drake was surprised to see cp0 in wano.

Yeah, I can see Fujitora going if they do send an admiral. One, because of his character design, and Two he still has to capture the SHs since Akainu won't let him on any bases if not.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
by the way it seems the others knew that there is a traitor among the red scabbards (maybe told by Kyoshiro or deduction), that is why they changed every thing after the departure of the red scabbards. I think that is why Franky wanted to make more ships
I'm thinking Law was involved there, because his crewmates were accused of being the snitches back when Drake and Hawkins appeared at the bath house (funny Kanjuro was the one calming the situation down) , and Law was missing for a while up until his reappearance in the latest chap.

OFFICIAL

One Piece - Chapter 974
Title: Onward to Onigashima!!

Read On
MangaPlus
Wow, Kanjuro is the reason Orochi obtained the surplus gold for Kaido to settle in Wano and back him? The list of crimes just keeps piling up for this man.

I'm afraid I don't see how Oda finds it possible to bring this little blob of a man out of the darkness and into the light. A lifetime of repayment might not be good enough for Wano.

At the same time, for not a single Kurozomi family member to be rescued and alive in the present day would be a mark of shame in the history of Wano. The vast majority of them got wiped out without doing anything wrong.

What if Oda pulls a fast one and someone like O-Tama is actually a Kurozomi? She has a manipulative devil that can brainwash SMILE people and animals, good enough to join the Orochi/Higurashi/Semimaru/Kanjuro family of DF tricksters.
:gokulaugh:

Last edited:
So money is the reason Kaido and Orochi are allied?...I refuse to believe that is all there is to it, then again considering recent events it really isn't out of the realms of possibility... *sigh*

Shame that last page lost so much impact it could've had as a result of Kid's treatment in Wano so far, but the line was still cool regardless.

Fingers crossed this turning point in the arc coincides with a turn in the quality so that things can actually be enjoyable. Now that the horrendous flashback is finally over, it seems we're reaching the point of the arc Oda has been dying to draw. Naive to get up expectations, but things could actually be good now.

So money is the reason Kaido and Orochi are allied?...I refuse to believe that is all there is to it, then again considering recent events it really isn't out of the realms of possibility... *sigh*
Kaido wants the One Piece.

Remember what we were told at Zou?

Kaido's trying to become Pirate King. Find One Piece by going to Raftel.

He tried to get the secrets of the world from Oden's subordinates which is why in this chapter, he requests that Orochi leave them alive.

Everything comes back to One Piece.

Don't forget Kaido has a Road Poneglyph. You don't own a Road Poneglyph without interest in One Piece.

Shame that last page lost so much impact it could've had as a result of Kid's treatment in Wano so far, but the line was still cool regardless.

Fingers crossed this turning point in the arc coincides with a turn in the quality so that things can actually be enjoyable. Now that the horrendous flashback is finally over, it seems we're reaching the point of the arc Oda has been dying to draw. Naive to get up expectations, but things could actually be good now.
Your opinion and that's OK.

I for one think Wano has been superb overall and that the flashback was great as well.

Your opinion and that's OK.

I for one think Wano has been superb overall and that the flashback was great as well.
Yeah, Wano for me is sitting at a solid 2/10 so far. It's almost like you can't go a chapter without something blatantly stupid appearing. Just look at this chapter. Even when you ignore the plot inconsistencies regarding Kanjuro being the traitor, and give Oda the benefit of the doubt and take the reveal for what it is, even that was done so poorly with an unoriginal explanation and an even more pathetic delivery.

After a 15 chapter bog following the lives of some of Oda's worst characters, a total change of events is exactly what's needed. It's very, very hard to feel anything or root for these characters even in the slightest when they're just so goddamn retarded. The straw hats have become far more unlikeable post timeskip, but the scabbards, Oden and Toki were something else entirely.

I've already given up hope on this arc carrying any real emotion or meaning given how poorly handled the pivotal flashback was. Can at least hope for some "cool" scenes in the battle though to try and salvage this arc.

Yeah, Wano for me is sitting at a solid 2/10 so far. It's almost like you can't go a chapter without something blatantly stupid appearing. Just look at this chapter. Even when you ignore the plot inconsistencies regarding Kanjuro being the traitor, and give Oda the benefit of the doubt and take the reveal for what it is, even that was done so poorly with an unoriginal explanation and an even more pathetic delivery.

After a 15 chapter bog following the lives of some of Oda's worst characters, a total change of events is exactly what's needed. It's very, very hard to feel anything or root for these characters even in the slightest when they're just so goddamn retarded. The straw hats have become far more unlikeable post timeskip, but the scabbards, Oden and Toki were something else entirely.

I've already given up hope on this arc carrying any real emotion or meaning given how poorly handled the pivotal flashback was. Can at least hope for some "cool" scenes in the battle though to try and salvage this arc.
I am rating Wano 8/10 so far. Re-reading it has been great.

As for the flashback. I can see why one could be frustrated about Toki. In my eyes the rest of the flashback has been great though.

I see no plot holes with Kanjuro being a traitor at all. Oda has been very consistent here imo.

Last edited:
On a re-read i too have to say that Wano so far is probably my least favourite arc, post TS.

The stakes and character's involved doesn't make an arc automatically amazing, people seem to confuse that. The Flashback killed all my expectations for quality writing in Wano, I'm just interested in the war and that's really all, tbh.

The Killer/Kamazou twist was still great though. I think more of Kid's journey during Wano in general would've made it better but oh well......I'll rate it 3/10 so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.