Chapter Discussion ONE PIECE 974: ONWARD TO ONIGASHIMA

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear, some of this shit, is so basic to figure out and people ignore it.

I had to tell people Koushiro was an average height human at 6 ft, while Denjiro was 10 ft tall like Kyoshiro/Kinemon. Or Tashigi and Kuina having different birth dates. Or Carrot only being 16 and traitor existing in old Wano...
But sanjikun, it's possible that her PARENTS worked for Orochi, somehow... and then they died and passed on their vengeance to Carrot!! Obviously. /s

Yeah: Seeing the history of Wano, the backstories of Oden, Orochi and the scabbards, young Whitebeard, the last year of Roger’s journey, him reaching Laugh take and the reactions of him and his crew when witnessing the treasure which is the freaking core of the whole godamn manga...
Despite how much you liked it, saying that this flashback was a waste of time is simply asinine, idiotic...
It's idiotic? Really?

History of Wano? So 20 years ago is for you History?...
Oden is a bad writen Character. All he did was causing Problems, he even ate from a dead person's Body and for what ever reason People stil thought how cool he was and liked him???? Wtf
People liked him just because...only after he became Shogun he actually did something for the People and Wano.
He made tons of stupid decisions and the FB had logic- and plotholes.
Trusting Orochi and Kaidou who fucked up his whole Country and made a ridiculous deal with them to Dance for 5 years to save some People, until they would make their ship Ready and leave lol. Who would believe that? He had all the reasons to try to kill them - he had all the Samurai on his side. Because he didn't wanted anyone to get killed? Ehm...people were forced to work under unhumand conditions and if you refused to do so, they killed you and even your Family members…
Well, but 5 years later he goes to fight Kaidou after he stacked up his Forces with just 10 People...
Later...
This guy was in a woden Cage and had his magical swords with him, which could cut even Kaidou. And what does he do? He gives them away….instead of Breaking out and saving his retainers...
No, he waited for them to get boiled and Risk this retainers lives for no reason - then asking Orochi and Kaidou - who allready lied to him before - to make a deal again. Which they ofc broke again...:lawsigh:

Ah yeah, Orochi's backstory and the way they overthrown the Kozuki Family. Reminds me very strongly about alabasta - maybe because Oda used Bon clay's DF for the same fucking reason again? This is lazy writing. In almost every arc there is a princess in Need and a over thrown country or they are about too over throw it. It's very repetitive - so nothing new here. And looking at Orochi how he grew up from being a pathetic little shit to a pathetic big shit...wow! something i really wanted to see! He is the exact same scared Little bitch he Always was. He didn't grew as a Person. Orochi even had the same Moment as Doffy (copy of another Arc again), he got a DF from a Person who wanted to help him to become bad (or whatever). Well, Doffy did something with it and became a very powerfull Person, who actually could do something by himself. Orochi Needs protection from everything and everyone - and the old hag did the most important things in over throwing the Kozuki Family. Couldn't careless About this guy.

How much did we see from WB? Yeah, not really much. And we had 1 single Panel of WB and Roger clashing...WOW! Totally worth 16 chapters!

Seeing Roger and his Adventure - where he visited the same Islands as Luffy, did you really needed to see that? We already knew he visited the same Islands as Luffy.
What exactly new did we get from Roger being in front of the OP treasure and laugh about it? We didn't see the treasure (ofc) nor did we see the actual Island or anything else which would be new for us. We only saw a laughing Roger and his Crew - that's it. And we even already knew about the Name 'Laugh Tale' from the OP movie Stampede - so nothing new here either.

The FB did had some interesting info's, like about Joyboy and his ''reincarnation'' for example. We saw a Little more of Roger's Crew, how he fought and a ''new''(?) form of haki, Denjiro being Kyoshiro etc.

But i don't see it being worth 16 Chapters...so yeah, it was a waste for me.

So the manga draws 3 pirate captains beginning their assault against Kaido forces, with their crew, and everybody's going crazy and blowing it out of proportion.

If people paid attention to the manga they would realized we are getting ready to have a another mini flashback. The manga has to go back to the night before the show what led up to this point.
Correct, but it was still a really great moment that somehow hyped everyone up.
Seeing Luffy wearing a coat was awesome, too.

P

PeperLevi

Same if the idiot rabbit girl is good alligned,she must stay in background.
She's a meaningless character,not exist anything to be done with her and all theory about she be the next Straw Hat Crew's member is baseless.

didnt kinemon also say in this chapter that he doesnt want to know at this point. its probably because of the bond the nine of them had build up to that point that he was so hesitant to ask who it is. and even if he had asked all of them, who of them would blatantly blown their cover and said ''its me''. the only reason kanjuro revealed himself is because orochi told him, otherwise he wouldave continued being the kanjuro we knew before.
Oh well... If the traitor won't tell us they're the traitor then whatever can we do??

Best to just pretend that we don't know there's a traitor and go ahead with all of our plans anyways as usual, and then cry and act surprised when they go wrong. God forbid we try and find out who the traitor is. Won't dare offend some friends by doing that. Let's just leak our entire plan to the enemy instead!!!!111!1
:laughmoji::laughmoji:

A simple snapshot of the quality of current OP. Utterly horrendous... :lawsigh: How are you supposed to root for such dipshits?? They all fully deserved to get blown to bits, since they ignored all the signs leading up to it.

Cyrus the Cactus

Mihawk Reigns Supreme
Kanjuro is still on the harbor with momonusuke. He still has to board a ship to reach onigashima. Someone will be there to fight him there. Even if not he can't cross the sea that easily.
Well, since we know he can do good drawings, maybe he'll make a good bird to fly to Onigashima or something?

Also, what does Kanjuro consist of? Seems like he was some black ink before Orochi even offered him a DF? Lol.
I've seen someone say that he's based off of a "Kuroko" in Kabuki theater - they were people dressed all in black who were basically stage hands. They moved props and costumes and such and were basically wearing black to give the impression that they weren't really there.

Kurozumi's got hella DF's they just be handing them out lol :unsure:

Wonder if God Valley and the Rocks crew had anything to do with that? :choppawhat:
I like the theory that the Kurozumi family usurping the throne was originally backed by the WG to keep Wano closed off from the world. That way they have a monopoly on seastone and a historical enemy is effectively neutralized.

SmokedOut

Life Is Good ✌️
I just assumed it was to conceal his identity initially.
Yeah potentially. If you look Orochi's patchy clothes, he wasn't in power yet, so I'm not sure why he would hide himself at that point in time
Orochi was able to craft/mold him into the perfect spy
I can see that. Perhaps Orochi saw someone so desperate for a sense of belong, he knew Kanjuro could be used to his benefit

I never claimed he would, he has a different role. But claiming Kidd is more important in any respect, when he’s done nothing is just wrong.
In what way is it wrong to say that Kid has more relevance to the Kaido plot than Zoro? Unlike Zoro, Kid is actually linked to Kaido, was personally defeated by Kaido, and has a legit against Kaido. It’s not wrong to say that Kid, or Law for that matter, are more relevant to the fight against Kaido, because they are. They’ll actually be fighting him.

Great chapter!

Kanjuro is definitely psychotic, and his reveal while low key was pretty chilling to be honest. Orochi found quite the ally. I wonder if there is any chance of redemption for him? Or is he too far gone now?

On the flip side, Kyoshiro is one of the biggest allies now, and possibly the one who warned Law and company about the traitor and the impending disaster. Also nice to learn about how the faking Hiyori's death worked and why it was done. Denjiro's turning out to be the best scabbard of the bunch.

Luffy for the win at the end. So glad to see Luffy, Law and "I'll help but I still hate you!" Eustass Kid. That was a great entrance, and I would love to see that animated with music. :catblush: Onward to the showdown!

Now to wait for Viz' version.

Status
Not open for further replies.