Rate The Chapter!!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Luffy ascending the castle to the rooftop:

CP0 boss ascending the castle to the rooftop:

• Luffy’s an opponent who’s given Kaido a thrill he hasn’t experienced since battling Oden. Kaido brought out all his big guns. He had to stop playing with his food like Big Mom asked. You can tell he’s cherishing combat for the first time in a while. He says “Winners don’t need rationalizations”, but he’s been struggling with his imperfect victory against Oden for 20 years. Also, he’s seeking a death as legendary as Oden’s, Whitebeard’s and Roger’s. This battle was a canvas to paint his redemption story of achieving victory with no excuses, or to die honorably against a worthy opponent. This is why CP0’s interference is a plot device to further Kaido’s character arc rather than a battle assist. Kaido would’ve won regardless. Yet, he’s once again haunted by an imperfect victory riddled with excuses. I have to think now’s a perfect segue for Kaido’s flashback.

I’ve always appreciated One Piece’s boldness in portraying its stoic characters as quirkily as possible. World’s strongest creature? Doesn’t matter, if you’re drunk you go through the full gamut of emotions. Anger, bloodlust, depression, and yes, even flirtation. That nuance is making Kaido far more memorable. Pre-raid, he was largely monotonous. Holding off on exploring his backstory was an issue as well. Oda kept dangling interesting tidbits of his philosophical outlook, without payoff. I believe it was to save the God Valley/Joy Boy/Rocks lore till the arc’s climax.​

• Kaido is, quite simply, the strongest character we’ve seen in combat thus far. The number of notable blows he’s tanked throughout this raid gauntlet is unbelievable. Unreal defensive capacity! On top of that, his diverse offensive arsenal coupled with zoan versatility, are making Luffy, even in his strongest forms of Gear 4th, seem ordinary. And Luffy is all but an ordinary fighter!

I now understand what Oda meant by this:​

Luffy’s solution needed to be a destined legendary awakening shonen power up to put this monster down! Remember, rubber always bounces back

The sky lanterns carrying Wano citizens’ wishes will reach Luffy on Onigashima, as he awakens his devil fruit. It’ll mark Joy Boy’s prophesied arrival to liberate Wano :finally:

• Multiple beautifully illustrated action panels this week. Kaido’s last Thunder Bagua being my favorite. The attack’s impact really pops due to the CoC black trails contrasted with negative white space.

• This dialogue was very interesting

Kaido knows Wano samurai perception is a mere exaggerated legend. Just like Oden. The marines are afraid of the unknown. Oden was a closed off idiot. Solely carrying burdens he never had to. Just like Wano. He continued to live on as folklore of embellished tales. Wano citizens need to move on from trying to emulate Oden. Opening up Wano’s borders might be too on the nose, but it’s perfect symbolism for rejecting that boomer samurai ideology. Which is why Momo, Kaido and Yamato’s self-actualization arcs have been introduced in the first place. In the One Piece verse, trying to become someone will always fail. Yamato and Momo will never become “Oden”. And unlike Luffy, Kaido will never become Joy Boy.​

• My anticipation of X-Drake’s importance as a fighter is no more. It’s obvious Oda will not make him into a valuable combatant. However, I still expect him to be an important leadership figure within the new marine hierarchy.

Last edited:

• Luffy’s an opponent who’s given Kaido a thrill he hasn’t experienced since battling Oden. Kaido brought out all his big guns. He had to stop playing with his food like Big Mom asked. You can tell he’s cherishing combat for the first time in a while. He says “Winners don’t need rationalizations”, but he’s been struggling with his imperfect victory against Oden for 20 years. Also, he’s seeking a death as legendary as Oden’s, Whitebeard’s and Roger’s. This battle was a canvas to paint his redemption story of achieving victory with no excuses, or to die honorably against a worthy opponent. This is why CP0’s interference is a plot device to further Kaido’s character arc rather than a battle assist. Kaido would’ve won regardless. Yet, he’s once again haunted by an imperfect victory riddled with excuses. I have to think now’s a perfect segue for Kaido’s flashback.

I’ve always appreciated One Piece’s boldness in portraying its stoic characters as quirkily as possible. World’s strongest creature? Doesn’t matter, if you’re drunk you go through the full gamut of emotions. Anger, bloodlust, depression, and yes, even flirtation. That nuance is making Kaido far more memorable. Pre-raid, he was largely monotonous. Holding off on exploring his backstory was an issue as well. Oda kept dangling interesting tidbits of his philosophical outlook, without payoff. I believe it was to save the God Valley/Joy Boy/Rocks lore till the arc’s climax.​

• Kaido is, quite simply, the strongest character we’ve seen in combat thus far. The number of notable blows he’s tanked throughout this raid gauntlet is unbelievable. Unreal defensive capacity! On top of that, his diverse offensive arsenal coupled with zoan versatility, are making Luffy, even in his strongest forms of Gear 4th, seem ordinary. And Luffy is all but an ordinary fighter!

Luffy’s solution needed to be a destined legendary awakening shonen power up to put this monster down! Remember, rubber always bounces back

The sky lanterns carrying Wano citizens’ wishes will reach Luffy on Onigashima, as he awakens his devil fruit. It’ll mark Joy Boy’s prophesied arrival to liberate Wano :finally:

• Multiple beautifully illustrated action panels this week. Kaido’s last Thunder Bagua being my favorite. The attack’s impact really pops due to the CoC black trails contrasted with negative white space.

Kaido knows Wano samurai perception is a mere exaggerated legend. Just like Oden. The marines are afraid of the unknown. Oden was a closed off idiot. Solely carrying burdens he never had to. Just like Wano. He continued to live on as folklore of embellished tales. Wano citizens need to move on from trying to emulate Oden. Opening up Wano’s borders might be too on the nose, but it’s perfect symbolism for rejecting that boomer samurai ideology. Which is why Momo, Kaido and Yamato’s self-actualization arcs have been introduced in the first place. In the One Piece verse, trying to become someone will always fail. Yamato and Momo will never become “Oden”. And unlike Luffy, Kaido will never become Joy Boy.​

• My anticipation of X-Drake’s importance as a fighter is no more. It’s obvious Oda will not make him into a valuable combatant. However, I still expect him to be an important leadership figure within the new marine hierarchy.
Feeling super embarrassed you made this gorgeous elaborate post after my one liner :kriwhat:

B

Ballel

This is a great analysis.:finally: Who would've thought you can do more than meming ?

hahaha just a coincidence I only logged in. No one comes here for long posts so no one will read it anyway :kobeha:

I really loved this chapter on a re-read so thought I'd summarize my feelings on the different themes, etc.
Me too! A lot of babies are crying here, but I'm liking Kaido a lot, and the fight with Luffy has been fun for me :hurry:

Kaido still capable of blitzing Luffy at this point is remarkable (Luffy's training and CoC realization haven't made Kaido overpowered by Luffy like I feared), and his drunken personalities are hella fun

B

Ballel

Me too! A lot of babies are crying here, but I'm liking Kaido a lot, and the fight with Luffy has been fun for me :hurry:

Kaido still capable of blitzing Luffy at this point is remarkable (Luffy's training and CoC realization haven't made Kaido overpowered by Luffy like I feared), and his drunken personalities are hella fun
One piece is a gag manga. People should deal with it.
I understand their complaints tho.

Any emotional impact that could have come with Drake's attack and declaration that he was following his justice was drained away by how little an effect any of it had. He was pretty much just tossed aside. I wonder what's next for him in the story.

As for the rest, I actually enjoyed how brutal the Luffy/Kaido fight was. It's very appropriate for two characters whose styles rely so much on clobbering people.

Drake is.. disappointing
Seriously, did Oda want to make L - O saurus joke with this? Come on now

On the other hand, I am impressed with the Kaido vs Luffy fight, both are really versatile with their DF, going from one form to the other with Kaido seems like still hiding some surprise up his sleeve , he's handling snake man better than katakuri we get to see yet another form of Kaido with a short necked version and half dragon torso of his full dragon form, which is cool, he have 4 different form so far, the guy mastery of his DF is probably the most impressive one, like chopper before timeskip and Kung Fu point crap
Luffy's DF seems to be confirmed as the DF the Gorosei was talking about I guess, since Kaido himself stated that rubber should not be able to do what Luffy is currently doing and CP0 is aiming for Luffy's life, not sure how Luffy will feel after he knew his whole life with all the gomu gomu no attacks are all lies
Anyway, R.I.P CP0 dude
There's no way Kaido not gonna kill that dude

Last edited:
What's embarrassing is that you don't have anything better to do with your life than hate OP on a weekly basis.What a degenerate.
I've begun blocking the toxic trolls & idiots. You can Not Like something I Like, but when you sit there, every week, 1,000 chapters in going "Lol Loda is such a hack writer", you just come off as a miserable cretin. Life is so short and these people piss it away on something they clearly do not enjoy/ just to be a troll on an anime forum, not the type of people I give attention to, or their opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.