rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Chapter 1000 was almost panel for panel what I envisioned. Fanfiction-esque predictions were out of hand, so I understand some fans’ disappointment. Sorry, this was always going to be about Luffy’s ascent to the throne. Last chapter, every past and present character declared, explicitly or by their actions, that they’re awaiting Joy Boy’s arrival. Events of chapter 1000, regardless of landmark number, were simply what naturally follows. The wait is over. The samurai can rest. Joy Boy is finally here.

Luffy’s aura is sovereign. King shit. He’s finally ready to carry 800 years of history on his shoulders. Kaido thought he was the same Punk from a few days ago. Sucker forgot this is a shounen manga. It wouldn’t be an overstatement to say One Piece as a narrative boils down to Luffy punching assholes in the face. In that sense, this was the perfect One Piece homage chapter.

Law’s swag is so on point. The man’s drip is so effortless. He fired the first shot 300 chapters ago, and he’s here to witness the conclusion. Kid, Killer and Zoro round up the main team. All five will deal serious damage in this fight. It’s really cool to see how far Luffy and Zoro have come.

Yamato and Ace is wholesome. Yamato starting to turn the corner as a character. Luffy and Roger’s synchronized dream is teased again. It can’t be “Pirate King” or “The freest man on the sea” since they’ve already been revealed.

The way Kinemon and the scabbards’ fates was handled annoyed me to no end. Absolutely hated it. Since this is a landmark chapter on Christmas, not in the mood to rant on it. I’ll just say a few of them better die later in the arc.

Also I can't be the only one that thought this when I saw this panel :catcry:

Last edited:
I always wanted to see a g3 version of red hawk. The goat with the coat makes his entrance :steef:

Worst gen vs the emperors is about to be a treat!
This new move proves that Red Hawk flames DID NOT generate because Luffy concentrate his heat in gear 2nd LOL
This Red Hawk thingy and its flames is something related to Haki, FOR SURE....

Because gear 3rd is not having steam or acceleration of blood flow... not heat-related...

So, the only explanation for it is Haki or simply just a technique unexplained like Diable jambe... or maybe Diable jambe is the same too... Haki related... who knows...

Anyway, I'm not expecting Oda to explain techniques, Oda just does moves without explaining anyway hahaha

Tbh, Luffy throwing that punch signifies to me that most of these fights may play off as 1v1's. Kid and Luffy strike me as the 2 pirates that will fundamentally take down the two Yonko. Luffy is now proving they his punches seemingly hurt Kaido (Kaido's teeth literally cracking here), and Kid likely to be there with him as he IS written as Luffy's rival.
Big Mom is Luffy's opponent to beat.
Kid can stall her, but there is too much bad blood and 400 chapters of him saying he'd beat her up.
Luffy is the one to become pirate king.
Kid and Law can only parallel Luffy to a certain point and fall short, they were BTFO'd back when they found Luffy's fourth strongest new member was a warlord lol.
Blackbeard is his actual credible threat of the worst generation.

Why would they exit the fight ?? They were hyped as the ones that will take Kaido down alongside Luffy and Kidd

It makes no sense for them to leave..
"Exiting" the fight may not be their choice. Let's say King shows up, which forces someone to fight him. Let's say Kaido drops Onigashima in the water, forcing everyone to separate.

Luffy and Law fighting Doflamingo still had Law losing in the end, but taking on Trebol and beating him. All I'm saying is I think there are way too many viable threats to have these people exclusively fighting Yonko, as terrible as that sounds.

Marco isn't going to 1v2 the other YCs when they get serious. Who knows when the BMP show up and have 5-6 additional powerhouses to deal with. These are things we have to consider. Zoro, Killer, and Law being there now doesn't mean that will be where they are in 20 chapters

This chapter was actually really good even though most people expected different stuff for the 1000th chatper. Still, BM and Kaido standing in front of Luffy, Zoro, Kid, Killer and Law was amazing to see :steef: Luffy ignoring BM and Kaido and then attacking Kaido was also awesome. Kaido is fine of course.

And Marco handling King and Queen all by himself :finally:

Holy shit, this confirms that g3 + advanced armament > g4 no advanced armament. LUFFY HAS BECOME EXPONENTIALLY STRONGER
This was pretty obvious that will happen after Ryuu training... not sure why people are surprised....
It was common logic....
It doesn't matter if Luffy had gear 5th and 6th... as long as he did not use Ryuu, it wouldn't affect Kaido...

This new move proves that Red Hawk flames DID NOT generate because Luffy concentrate his heat in gear 2nd LOL
This Red Hawk thingy and its flames is something related to Haki, FOR SURE....

Because gear 3rd is not having steam or acceleration of blood flow... not heat-related...

So, the only explanation for it is Haki or simply just a technique unexplained like Diable jambe... or maybe Diable jambe is the same too... Haki related... who knows...

Anyway, I'm not expecting Oda to explain techniques, Oda just does moves without explaining anyway hahaha
Hmm Rule of Cool I guess.
Wishing we had a Stable System of Power. hah
Though some creative inconsistencies would be great too.

Status
Not open for further replies.