Rate The Chapter!!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
oda's focus in the three last chapters has been all over the place. the way he makes king disappear whenever he likes to. it's obvious by this point that oda doesn't know what to do with the cb0, their plot line feels forced we already know oda is very stingy with information so they won't be revealing anything significant his only solution was making them appear out of nowhere teasing us with half truths, also what the hell is marco doing in wano his existence only destroyed a much needed tension he's being moved around like a cheap plot device literally nobody on the battlefield takes him seriously not even the enemies he's "supposedly" fighting against. it's becoming more and more like a childish cartoon.
One of the Yonko is a fat old lady called "Big Mom". The last major villain was a middle aged man with a pink feather coat called "doflamingo". One of the main characters has fart attacks, and another one is a singing skeleton with an afro. If you're not interested in a childish cartoon, you're reading the wrong manga. One piece has always been supposed to be more funny than edgy.

One of the Yonko is a fat old lady called "Big Mom". The last major villain was a middle aged man with a pink feather coat called "doflamingo". One of the main characters has fart attacks, and another one is a singing skeleton with an afro. If you're not interested in a childish cartoon, you're reading the wrong manga. One piece has always been supposed to be more funny than edgy.
The problem is when there's too much "gags and 'Comedy'" happening when it shouldn't. Ever heard of a time and place?
We get that OP isn't like the more Darker Series around etc... OP does take itself seriously it's not like it's been like Gintama. The gag Comedy side, or to far darker like Re: Zero, but in the middle ground. A more balanced, But even then it goes too far to the Comedy side than the other way...

it's not funny any more, if forced and repetitive gags is your type of comedy then i don't know what to say to you except that's pretty sad. i can re-watch or re-read old pre timeskip comedy moments and still have a good laugh, but after the timeskip i can't remember reading a gag without it making me cringe to the bones and the anime is even worse. and it's not about the designs, it's about the quality of writing is what i'm talking about.
but luckily one piece is not the only source of entertainment i have in my life,
Post automatically merged:

The problem is when there's too much "gags and 'Comedy'" happening when it shouldn't. Ever heard of a time and place?
We get that OP isn't like the more Darker Series around etc... OP does take itself seriously it's not like it's been like Gintama. The gag Comedy side, or to far darker like Re: Zero, but in the middle ground. A more balanced, But even then it goes too far to the Comedy side than the other way...
i agree completely, the dude maybe doesn't understand the deference between character design and the quality of writing. it's like you said good comedy needs the right time and place, but now it's just feels forced and cringy.

Last edited:
While I understand that, look at Queen's design and tell me it's not supposed to be comedic anyway. One piece makes tons of serious characters have ridiculous designs, to the point that we tend to forget how ridiculous they are. There is a time and place for seriousness in One piece, but there are almost always gags present in some form. Oda has even gone on record saying that he gave luffy the rubber devil fruit because it would make his fights look funny. We shouldn't be expecting no comedy from the more serious situations, especially when they go on for so long and involve a kook with a ridiculous design like Queen..

While I understand that, look at Queen's design and tell me it's not supposed to be comedic anyway. One piece makes tons of serious characters have ridiculous designs, to the point that we tend to forget how ridiculous they are. There is a time and place for seriousness in One piece, but there are almost always gags present in some form. Oda has even gone on record saying that he gave luffy the rubber devil fruit because it would make his fights look funny. We shouldn't be expecting no comedy from the more serious situations, especially when they go on for so long and involve a kook with a ridiculous design like Queen..
Never looked at Luffy and his DF as just for comedy. It's fine if you can find it funny but it shouldn't be the be all.

Never looked at Luffy and his DF as just for comedy. It's fine if you can find it funny but it shouldn't be the be all.
Well they're obviously not only for comedy, but comedy is a big aspect of them. The whole manga is not supposed to be 100% comedy, but if Chopper bitch slapping Queen for calling him a tanuki makes people mad that it's too comedic, then I think people don't understand what One Piece is supposed to be.

Well they're obviously not only for comedy, but comedy is a big aspect of them. The whole manga is not supposed to be 100% comedy, but if Chopper bitch slapping Queen for calling him a tanuki makes people mad that it's too comedic, then I think people don't understand what One Piece is supposed to be.
The problem is its too much. Oda may not think so... but a percentage of his readers do.

The point is he is mad now because he wasn't jaded/burnt out back then, if Alabasta was going on now there would be a 20 page thread titled ''with an entire country at stake Luffy tried to eat Crocodile, I'm done with this shit''
While that's fair, the person I initially quoted said it's "becoming more and more like a childish cartoon", implying it wasn't before but now it is. That's the point I was responding to.

Status
Not open for further replies.