Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is the black lightning used as an argument for scaling power levels exactly? It doesn't even constitute CoC likely, made my argument many times on that one. It should be about action marks. An argument might be made for action marks = powerful attack in general, but I don't recall whether or not this is the case.

Doflamingo thought Diamante could beat Luffy and Burgess. Diamante. DIAMANTE. What he thinks and claims about beating top tiers is irrelevant.
Maybe he meant outsmarting....beating doesn't necessarly equate to 1 vs 1 stuff we do here....you can beat someone without being stronger than them....

I don't understand why One Piece fans thought One Piece was "above" the chosen one Trope in the first place

Oda is a Japanese guy , Of course he would use a trope that's very common in East Asian literature
I'm not sure about Japanese literature, but as a fact I know that in Chinese classical literature they don't have a lot of "chosen one plots," they usually have wicked and sinister characters that do everything to achieve their goal: the good, the bad and the ugly, obviously.

That is again wrong, look at his face here:

Jinbe before Shigan and after Shigan and Gagan.
He his damaged, have cuts and bleeding.

You literally said that Jinbe didn´t take 0 damage, remember?

Im not saying it the manga show it, everyone can see it, Jinbe get pierced again and again and losing blood, look at the panel where WsW pierce him even though he using full body haki.

That is probably what Katakuri mean back then. Their is lvl even between haki.
Fullbody haki<Fullbodyhaki with black lightning

Look around the area where WsW hit Jinbe with full body haki:

Jinbe clearly get piierced and losing blood...

Second page:

Above he get still pierced though using full body haki, then when he activate black lightning, WsW broke his finger and get pushed back.
Fullbody haki with black lightning>normal fullbody haki(what we see from Pica/Vergo).

@Sentinel , @Buusatan94 , @Bogard , @Hanzo hattori , @MonsterKaido
In the first Shigan, it is not evident whether Jinbe is using Haki or not. Most likely not. Only when WsW continued with Madara, we saw Jinbe coating himself fully.

I also wouldn't misinterpret the black lightning. Black lightning is often shown upon impact.

I'm not sure about Japanese literature, but as a fact I know that in Chinese classical literature they don't have a lot of "chosen one plots," they usually have wicked and sinister characters that do everything to achieve their goal: the good, the bad and the ugly, obviously.
did you read any chinese xianxia or xuanhuan novels? reincarnation/chosen stuff generally well liked in Asian countries.....

Killer was portrayed as being stronger than sanji ever since his introduction.
:usoprice:

His bounty went up 38 millions in two years in the NW. Being the VC of a crew renowned for attacking civilians and after having targeted Big Mom and Shanks :chopoff:
He couldn't cut Kaido while even Kawamatsu and Kinemon drew blood. He needed a special ability to hurt him a bit.
Big Mom almost took him down with a single lightning.
Kaido didn't even torture him to force him to join the beast pirates, he sent him to Orochi :sanmoji:

Meanwhile Sanji was kicking a mountain-like being and covering him into flames, confronting four YC1 guys and low diffing without even trying P1, someone higher ranked than Hawkins.
An elephant gun would crush Killer.
Post automatically merged:

i agree
deleting before rerere finds me
Not if i quote it :sadgrin:
@rerere

Holy fucking shit...
Doflamingo thought Diamante could beat Luffy and Burgess. Diamante. DIAMANTE. What he thinks and claims about beating top tiers is irrelevant.
You’re so full of shit. Doffy put Luffy > Law, and he saw Law beat Vergo. Diamanté was just there to waste time.

The only misjudgement he made was thinking Vergo’s CoA could block Law, because he ALREADY blocked it a few years back.

you know why people do that tho right ?
cause law tanked a bagua
oda dropped the ball with luffy going out like that preudon looking back.

I def think law is stronger but until some power-up is explained its marginal at best not as significant as a
barely commander level to above commanders .
I dont think many understand CoC coated attacks can still physically land.

TB against Law never landed. It was just a club blast like Hakai or Yamato taking out that number. Kaido almost knocked out Luffy on the roof when he grazed.

Status
Not open for further replies.