Zoro's position in the Strawhat crew

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What Zoro did regarding Usopp post-EL was important lesson for leadership and no other crewmate has confronted Luffy in that manner.

Constantly keeping Luffy in-check, reminding him what's important (Right after Usopp fight, EL, PH, etc) is something only Zoro does.

Oda deliberately chose to make Zoro take all of Sanji's pain in TB rather than have Sanji and Zoro share it.

Oda deliberately chose to make Zoro constantly support Luffy on the roof-top while leaving Sanji out of it.

There are many more examples. Sanji got those statements, meanwhile Zoro has many actions related to looking after Luffy and keeping him on track which others simply don't have.

I'm not saying one portrayal is better than other, but you stupidly claiming Sanji is more important to Luffy's dream because he's called wings? Or because Luffy said he can't become PK without him? You think Luffy wouldn't say the same to, say, Nami or something? C'mon. Of course he hasn't said that to Zoro, either... why in the world would he? Zoro has been unwavering and on his side since day 1; Luffy doesn't have to say that to Zoro.

On another note, Oda himself called Zoro one of Luffy's wings, as well, in SBS. So there's that?

Luffy said he can't become Pirate King without Sanji. Luffy also said he can't do everything and would not make it without his Nakama in general many times before.

Idk the fuck you're trying to compare at, man. Sanji gets shine and portrayal of his importance to Luffy in his own special way. So does Zoro, so does Nami.

They're not supposed to be portrayed in an identical manner in identical statements and light because they're different, yet just as important to Luffy. So why are you asking me "well, they said this thing about Sanji but not for Zoro! So Sanji more important?!"

Learn to read the story, dude. Quit trying to shoehorn other characters into a narrative made for a separate character.

All Nakama are important for Luffy's dreams and in this or WCI scene Sanji is absolutely not given importance over other crewmmates in that regards. He's given importance. Not comparative importance.
Sanji straight up told Luffy he would disobey him if he told him to get of the train (pre Enies Lobby)
Franky stood up to Luffy and told him he was gon disobey him if he tried to stop him helping the tontanta.

Both scenes are up there with Zoro's actions during Usopp saga which Sanji actually agreed with.
Post automatically merged:

Luffy : without you I can't become the King of the pirates.
‎Brook : its up to those two (Luffy Sanji) to decide what's for the best.
‎And now Robin : He deserves to be called the wings of the pirate King
Morgan also listed Sanji alongside Jinbei Bege and Luffy ad the architects of the whole wci saga. That was pretty good portrayal moment considering Bege and Luffy are worst gen while Jinbei is a veteran new world pirate captain, ex shichibukai etc

Sanji straight up told Luffy he would disobey him if he told him to get of the train (pre Enies Lobby)
Franky stood up to Luffy and told him he was gon disobey him if he tried to stop him helping the tontanta.

Both scenes are up there with Zoro's actions during Usopp saga which Sanji actually agreed with.

Morgan also listed Sanji alongside Jinbei Bege and Luffy ad the architects of the whole wci saga. That was pretty good portrayal moment considering Bege and Luffy are worst gen while Jinbei is a veteran new world pirate captain, ex shichibukai etc

When was Zoro ever mentioned?
Zoro was said to be equal to Zoro by author 3 times in 3 different data books and is confirmed Vice Captain the same way Sanji is confirmed wings

Sup bro

Zoro was never mentioned
Zoro one shots Luffy
Please read Volume 73 SBS, this is the third time I have said, why are there so many ignorant people?

Please read Volume 73 SBS, this is the third time I have said, why are there so many ignorant people?
Who gives a shit about SBS? Oda and Nico Robin are not same people, when has Zoro ever been called "Wing" in manga? Nico Robin called Sanji "wings" because he is transportation service for Pirate King and WSS

Are we talking SBS or manga right now?
Zoro has been called Vice Captain in manga
He has been called Luffy's equal in 3 Data books
He has been called Vice Captain in latest data book

Who gives a shit about SBS? Oda and Nico Robin are not same people, when has Zoro ever been called "Wing" in manga? Nico Robin called Sanji "wings" because he is transportation service for Pirate King and WSS

Oh, my God, who wrote what Robin said? What are you thinking?

Yes,Urouge said Zoro was second in command, not the author

Only a fool would doubt Zoro's undisputed position as a Vice Captain - First Mate. No matter how much you want to deny it, most of the world IRL or in OP world regard Zoro as the Vice-First Mate.

Vice Captain is an absolute title.

Why are you comparing a title to praise?

If Chopper calls Zoro strong/great/nice/important/etc, then it won't mean Zoro is stronger, greater, more important, etc than other crewmmates. It'd, well, just mean that Zoro is strong, great or important, etc.

If Luffy tells a Zoro "I can't win without you!" it doesn't mean that he'd necessarily win if he lost some other crew-mate instead of Zoro.

Another similar hypothetical example: If Luffy tells Zoro "You're more important to me than my life" then it doesn't mean rest of the crew-mates can not be more important than his life.

You're comparing apples to oranges at this point, I don't even know what you're trying to make me admit?
It is not apple and orange. It is the same logic: take what it says at face value because things are not that complex.

Ok so when Luffy came out of Nola’s mouth, saw all the mugiwara defeat and tell to Zoro « how this could have happen? », what you understand was « Zoro is strong » and not « Zoro is stronger than my other crew mates therefore he could not have protect them »?

And let’s take your example : If Luffy says to Zoro : « I cannot win without you », you will not understand this as « Zoro is stronger than the other mugiwara »?

I do not try to make you admit anything. I try to make you understand my point. Which I can’t do apparently, so be it:kayneshrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.