• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This chapter is for the lulz

Kidd about to lose to BM " :milaugh:
Hawkins still mid af and beats himself :milaugh:

Sanji vs Queen :milaugh:

Hawkins was the mvp of this chapter, if I read that correctly, but to cut ur own arm off is crazy and commendable.

Now back to Zoro vs King pls catded

I'm not sure I'm following you. Are you saying that incorporating actual real World human emotion, and having it play an integral part of a characters growth, tribulations, and inner turmoil, is less logical than the "I'll suck it up because I'm a tough guy" trope that riddles fictional characters, and in no way shape or form actually mirrors that of the real World? Is it different? Yes. Is it cringe to witness? Somewhat. But illogical? Not at all.

Sanji's mental/emotional struggle is simply another avenue towards greater strength compared to let's say the physical struggle Zoro has to go through in that same pursuit.

Oda has basically answered all the grievances people had when it comes to Sanji becoming a Top Tier.

He restricts himself in combat => body modifications to make up for it
He doesn't train to get stronger => upgradeable power suit and powers that use emotions as fuel instead of just the physical body

The "Just a cook" who restricts himself, doesn't train, and doesn't pursuit strength as his main goal, is basically turned into a super soldier with a power suit who's bound to get stronger, but has to come to terms with the nature of his ever growing powers, and how that does not have to define him.

And the beauty of it is that Sanji is having this mental/emotional struggle only because at the end of the day, he's nothing like his siblings, so that's the first thing he's going to have to acknowledge, but it's a difficult one without an outside perspective.

- chapter 1032 : coincides with Queen's bounty so Queen hype
- chapter 1033 : coincides with Sanji's bounty so Sanji hype and Queen gets defeated
- chapter 1039 : coincides with King's bounty so King hype
- chapter 1040 : Zoro hype and King gets defeated

:madmonk:

But the scabbards are??
Oda could have written them much better
They turned out like generic character types from any period drama
Scabbards were main characters of this arc. Kid was in a supporting role. I am much more sad about how Oda treated Ussop and Nami in this arc then I am about Kid and his crew.
Scabbards shined in various moments. Defeating pero and Jack. Kinemon fighting till his last breath while protecting momo. Kanjuro was great.
I saw anime till Act 2 and I really felt very sad for Scabbards so I personally think that they deserved the screen time they got.

- chapter 1032 : coincides with Queen's bounty so Queen hype
- chapter 1033 : coincides with Sanji's bounty so Sanji hype and Queen gets defeated
- chapter 1039 : coincides with King's bounty so King hype
- chapter 1040 : Zoro hype and King gets defeated

:madmonk:
Fuck 1040 will be out like October next year:whitepress:
Post automatically merged:

Can someone fucking tell.me what happened between Killer and Kidd at the end
Hawkins jobbed like he always does. Oda took everything that was going to make Hawkins a good character and gave it to Law.

You have to be trolling right now. "Rookie" "Rookie pirate" same shit man lol. What else do you think hes referring to, rookie ninjas? He is calling the 5 dudes on the roof the strongest rookies. Thats what the panel says. What are you not understanding? Sanji is a rookie. If he wouldve had a 100 million berri bounty at sabaody then he would have been considered a supernova, just like Luffy and Zoro because he is a rookie just like them. Rookies with a bounty of 100 million when they reach Sabaody get the title of Supernova. If you think I'm wrong please go make a poll and ask if Sanji is a rookie. You're tripping right now lol
Anddd like i said if you can show me a panel in the manga in which oda referred to sanji as a rookie then I will concede this argument and you win but if you can’t then anything else you say here is based off of YOUR interpretation which can easily go any other way. Sanji has never been stated to be a rookie or “rookie pirate” whatever you wanna call it so LOL that term is reserved for those that have been highlighted in the story like cavendish and the superova w Blackbeard other than that I haven’t seen many other pirates being referred to as rookies. So please if you can show me a panel again of oda referencing sanji as a rookie or rookie pirate according to you I’ll concede this argument as I don’t need to make a poll that’ll be influenced with bias and subjectivism. Im asking for the facts so show me it’s that simple.

*What people were expecting this Chapter*

Sanji: "I accept Germa with all my heart, and will now defeat Queen!"

*What they got*

Actual emotional turmoil, that doesn't get resolved in 10 seconds, like an 80+ chapter arc dedicated to said powerup was going to be wrapped up in a panel or two.

How dare you remain consistent Oda!!!!!!
WCI was for that.

Anddd like i said if you can show me a panel in the manga in which oda referred to sanji as a rookie then I will concede this argument and you win but if you can’t then anything else you say here is based off of YOUR interpretation which can easily go any other way. Sanji has never been stated to be a rookie or “rookie pirate” whatever you wanna call it so LOL that term is reserved for those that have been highlighted in the story like cavendish and the superova w Blackbeard other than that I haven’t seen many other pirates being referred to as rookies. So please if you can show me a panel again of oda referencing sanji as a rookie or rookie pirate according to you I’ll concede this argument as I don’t need to make a poll that’ll be influenced with bias and subjectivism. Im asking for the facts so show me it’s that simple.
Are you implying right now that Sanji is a veteran?

Luffy, Zoro,Yamato >> everyone from the alliance.....including Kid and Law for now......Hawkins is such a disappointment (blame Oda partially)......well, Killer is good......

Sanji can't catch a break....lol....
Zoro and Yamato aren't on Luffy's level, Yamato herself said Luffy is the only one who can fight Kaido, compared him to prime Roger etc. etc.
Kaido earlier in the arc said he needed to crush and show Luffy's dead body because he was the alliance's ONLY hope.
Zoro is struggling hard with King right now, that is a <Marco level feat atm, until he gets his power up and wins, which will be his peak for the arc, Luffy's peak of the arc will be taking down a yonko 1vs1.
Fighting BM for an extended period, while getting injured by scumbag Hawkins and without any healing/stamina help for Law, is a big feat for the both of them, I don't think they will get anywhere with the fight in the end so it doesn't matter too much, and will be overshadowed by Zoro/Sanji actually taking down their high level opponents, but still, at the moment stalling her is better than stalling YCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.