What has awakened that the Gorosei are talking about?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don’t even know what one of the admirals looks like, the leader of the marines is literally the man who murdered the MCs brother, and it’s been stated multiple times by characters like Robin and the Rev (who you think would know) that the admirals are the strongest fighters in the WG structure.

But no lol they aren’t antagonists.
They’ve been surpassed by SSG. Also the gorosei would have something to keep the marines in check.

The same people mad at Wano would be mad at Enies Lobby if it was happening weekly now, Luffy and Zoro getting one shotted in water 7 would be brought up every week in tears about power creep and the complete lack of deaths are just as bad in that arc where the One Piece equivalent of a nuclear bomb happened and was previously shown to result in the eradication of everyone in Ohara except Robin.
Yeah Oda has the same writing style since pre-ts. The biggest problem in Wano is pacing. People having too much expectations and then blaming Oda for being Oda

The same people mad at Wano would be mad at Enies Lobby if it was happening weekly now, Luffy and Zoro getting one shotted in water 7 would be brought up every week in tears about power creep and the complete lack of deaths are just as bad in that arc where the One Piece equivalent of a nuclear option happened and was previously shown to result in the eradication of everyone in Ohara except Robin.
No, it is not even close to that,
If you don't see that Wano has zero tension, that doesn't mean that others should feel same way.
In Ennies lobby there was tension of danger. While here is just ZERO pay off, like Crydo is just some guy, not the villain of story.
And what about off-screened calamities? Losing memories? Are you a fool?

The same people mad at Wano would be mad at Enies Lobby if it was happening weekly now, Luffy and Zoro getting one shotted in water 7 would be brought up every week in tears about power creep and the complete lack of deaths are just as bad in that arc where the One Piece equivalent of a nuclear bomb happened and was previously shown to result in the eradication of everyone in Ohara except Robin.
Wanze Ragdolled Sanji far worse than Daifuku did. Then Sanji went on to perform very well against Jabura with only his tekkai being an issue.

The same people who complain about how Sanji defeating Queen and Franky and Robin being Vet Level doesn't make sense praise Enies Lobby lmao

I don't think so because Enies Lobby had an overall better set up. This is clunky and trying to compensate for that clunkiness. Nor was the gap in strength set as high.

BUT I do get that Luffy's growth like this is happening because Wano definetely is the start of endgame stuff so Luffy in a way has to grow this way for plot reasons and timing.

When 99% of said criticism is basically

"Oda is doing stuff he has been doing since chapter 1"
"Oda didn't turn One Piece into a Seinen and pander to my tastes as I got older"
"My Headcanon was disproven"

People are justified in attacking all the whining in the fandom
Sorry but all I see is crying like a Kid whose Wanji got stolen from him/her instead of so called "criticism".....how do you take these kids seriously if all they can do is throwing tantrums...people got fed up with that....there are people in this forum who provide constructive criticism and there are other bunch who just throw buzz words or agendas......
Fair point, haven't been following the kind of "criticism" in this forum, so can't judge how much butthurt it contains. Though there is indeed legitimate critics.

:kayneshrug:

Funny that all this criticism wasn’t there until Luffy fought Kaido. It has nothing to do with the chapter being good or bad.

This shit about lack of tension is horse s**t. There are several moments I can point to where things got really bad for the good guys where we were unsure as to whether or not the raid would fail. Naturally the good guys eventually overcome the bad guys. It’s only now towards the end that these people start complaining. It doesn’t matter that Luufy lost 3 times for him to get to this point. No it NEEds more tension.

:okay:

Funny that all this criticism wasn’t there until Luffy fought Kaido. It has nothing to do with the chapter being good or bad.

This shit about lack of tension is horse s**t. There are several moments I can point to where things got really bad for the good guys where we were unsure as to whether or not the raid would fail. Naturally the good guys eventually overcome the bad guys. It’s only now towards the end that these people start complaining. It doesn’t matter that Luufy lost 3 times for him to get to this point. No it NEEds more tension.

:okay:
I think the biggest miss was Oda off-screening Luffy’s defeat the second time. If we saw that fight, and others also witness it and lose hope. Luffy’s comeback when riding on Momo would have been more impactful

No, it is not even close to that,
If you don't see that Wano has zero tension, that doesn't mean that others should feel same way.
In Ennies lobby there was tension of danger. While here is just ZERO pay off, like Crydo is just some guy, not the villain of story.
And what about off-screened calamities? Losing memories? Are you a fool?
I don't think so because Enies Lobby had an overall better set up. This is clunky and trying to compensate for that clunkiness. Nor was the gap in strength set as high.

BUT I do get that Luffy's growth like this is happening because Wano definetely is the start of endgame stuff so Luffy in a way has to grow this way for plot reasons and timing.
Agree to disagree, like I said they nuked Enies Lobby and literally everyone survived, including the giant beasts that had fake deaths back then too, because Paulie literally had miles of ropes inside his jacket.
That's right, every ally survived Enies Lobby because a non DF user had MILES of ropes in his clothes.

Difference is that Lucci and CP9 was just a villains nothing more, while Kaido is Pain, Madara or Aizen of this story...so yeah, author show that it is impossible to surpass em, before this arc. But it seems that it is not impossible, and the fact that other characters spend lives in building up army to defeate Younko now has no sence at all. There is STORY PLOT between YOUNKO being UNDEFEATED
Post automatically merged:

Agree to disagree, like I said they nuked Enies Lobby and literally everyone survived, including the giant beasts that had fake deaths back then too, because Paulie literally had miles of ropes inside his jacket.
That's right, every ally survived Enies Lobby because a non DF user had MILES of ropes in his clothes.
just answered in your stupidity

Wano flaw is having way too much build up
Crticicism wouldn't be as harsh if Oda didn't se't up that arc since Punk Hazard, at the end it has the same flaws as other arcs, but which werent hyped as much by oda
@Paperchampion23 I know you yourself expected tobi roppo and calamities to be tougher opponents and get up
That is one criticism I can get behind. I do wish the Beast Pirates did have some level of differentiation when it came to being a competent Yonko crew with awakening users (save for Kaido).

I'm currently "ok" with what we have, but am a little annoyed by Usopp and Chopper mostly. This is why I always say that if Oda is meant for these crews to be blitzed like this, then at least give Big Mom's crew something to do before they are permanently irrelevant. I'd love the crew to get more action moments. Maybe they still do, but I'm not counting on that

Last edited:
One Piece writing ain’t even that bad still. It’s shounen and power creeps are bound to happen. It still has that One Piece feel writing even here in Wano, and everything can be argued to still make sense so it’s not as trash as people are saying imo.

Add to that the timeframe they want to accomplish it, remember that Oda has been working nonstop for 20+ years, I’d rather want to see how he end it rather than him dying trying to write masterfully every arc. People complaining like Oda owes anything to them when it’s the other way around for all the good things One Piece has given. Plus it’s literally kid’s manga so I don’t get how others can’t see that a lot of tropes would be present especially as the series goes on.
Like i wrote a few comments ago,we are so used to Oda adding new mysteries that we dont even get angry anymore. For example,now he added this new mysteries about the devil fruit,but wouldnt have been better if he made the Gorosei right away telling the name of the fruit? Its not like we are lacking of mysteries in One Piece already!

Difference is that Lucci and CP9 was just a villains nothing more, while Kaido is Pain, Madara or Aizen of this story...so yeah, author show that it is impossible to surpass em, before this arc. But it seems that it is not impossible, and the fact that other characters spend lives in building up army to defeate Younko now has no sence at all. There is STORY PLOT between YOUNKO being UNDEFEATED
Kaido isn't being defeated by just anyone, it's the protagonist on a series that is near the end and will become PK, PLOT wise Enies Lobby was also portrayed in its day as a place that had never been breached and one of the most important facilities of the government and besides a bounty increase there were barely consequences.

Like i wrote a few comments ago,we are so used to Oda adding new mysteries that we dont even get angry anymore. For example,now he added this new mysteries about the devil fruit,but wouldnt have been better if he made the Gorosei right away telling the name of the fruit? Its not like we are lacking of mysteries in One Piece already!
I blame it’s weekly schedule for that. Reading arcs in one go, and weekly is a completely different experience imo. When reading weekly, it can be painfully slow and you forget details. These mystery buildups and cliffhangers usually isn’t that bad when you read an arc in one go

That is one criticism I can get behind. I do with the Beast Pirates did have some levelnof differentiation when it came to being a competent Yonko crew with awakening users (save for Kaido).

I'm currently "ok" with what we have, but am a little annoyed by Usopp and Chopper mostly. This is why I always say that if Oda is meant for these crews to be blitzed like this, then at least give Big Mom's crew something to do before they are permanently irrelevant. I'd love the crew to get more action moments. Maybe they still do, but I'm not counting on that
My biggest disappointments are clearly Jack and Queen. Sanji vs Queen was nice for Sanji's character but as a fight it was pretty underwhelming due to the fact Queen never really felt threatening, and the ending of the fight was quite anticlimatic (so much that many doubted it was the actual finisher). And Jack -got like 4 pages worth of fighting the entire raid.
Sorry, but for all the hype emperor crews have gotten since arguably Enies Lobby, I genuinely wanted much more from two of Kaido top 3 fighters

Status
Not open for further replies.