Who will beat Kaido now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think luffy having godlike fruit undermine his whole struggle,
There is law fruit that is worth more than a yonkou but is useless if you are a not doctor.

Still id argue its just his awakening and not something else

So some zoro fans have the gall to criticize luffy power when luffy has had his devil fruit his whole life. Zoro gets some bullshit power up with enma that forces haki out. Trains with it for a day by the way. So zoro didnt even need to learn coc. Can’t even compare luffy to zoro luffy actually has believable setup for his power ups zoro shit just comes straight out of oda ass.

Last edited:
Yeah all Luffy's fan gonna talk about Luffy is the strongest, foreshadow thousand legendaries, Luffy is the MC, powerups etc. Good for you. But what make Luffy personality stand out from Ace, Kid, or ordinary stubborn innocent child? What is the interesting lore around Luffy? Nothing.

That's how I see Oda's ruined him really hard. Have fun cheering a soulless rubber gary stu. :cheers:
Stop crying when? 🤔

Yeah all Luffy's fan gonna talk about Luffy is the strongest, foreshadow thousand legendaries, Luffy is the MC, powerups etc. Good for you. But what make Luffy personality stand out from Ace, Kid, or ordinary stubborn innocent child? What is the interesting lore around Luffy? Nothing.

That's how I see Oda's ruined him really hard. Have fun cheering a soulless rubber gary stu. :cheers:
Coming from the edgiest zoro avatar in this place
:milaugh:

In regards to awakening, the distribution of this power in relation to powerlevel is kinda odd.

the impel down zoans have awakening, but they are little more than fodder
Katakuri and doffy have awakening and they can use this awakening casually, but they are just high tiers
Kid and Law have just recently awakened and are bad at using their awakenings, and yet they are inbetweeners(better portrayal than most high tiers, but not fully top tier)
Then you have characters like Luffy and Big Mom who are full on top tiers, yet they have never awakened.

On the latter, both big mom and Luffy have had their DFs since childhood and both are incredibly creative in how they use their powers. So why have these two never awakened? Why is doffy better at using awakening than Kid and Law despite being weaker? Why are the impel down zoans glorified fodder with awakening?

I think there is a correlation between the strength of a DF and the difficulty of its awakening. Luffy is heavy hinted to have a legendary DF. Hence it makes sense that he hasn't awakened despite being yonko level. The gomu gomu no mi is so powerful that the user needs to be insanely powerful in order for the DF to awaken. This is why not only has Luffy not awakened, the gomu gomu no mi itself hasn't awakened in hundreds of years.

The gomu gomu no mi is basically Luffy's excalibur. An ability only Luffy can awaken because out of the hundreds of users the gomu gomu no mi has had over the years, Luffy is the only one worthy enough to awaken it.
I hope Oda apply your theory to Luffy being Joy Boy, something along the lines of "Among all beings in history with devil fruits inside their body, only the most [worthy /strongest / most creative / put most effort in utilizing the DF] of them all will gain access to be Joy Boy"

So its not just entirely chosen one stuff but at least instead gained with effort.

So if we look back in the series, it's kind of easy to piece together what's going on here.

I spoke about this extensively back during Dressrosa, but nobody really wanted to entertain the thought back then, but with this chapters turn of events, I think it's a good topic to bring back up into discussion.

So when Luffy was in the tournament fighting for the Mera Mera No Mi, Sabo asked him one very important question. Was it OK for him to eat the Mera Mera no Mi, and inherit Ace's will.

Now I've done theories on the matter of Devil Fruits actually containing the souls of the people who ate them prior, and as the generations pass, the current user has basically "Inherited the Will" of all users who came before them.

This chapter furthers that suspicion, and even heavily implies that "Joy Boy" of 800 years ago, was the user of the Gomu Gomu No Mi. So essentially, Luffy eating that fruit, means he inadvertently inherited Joy Boys will. The missing piece of the puzzle is how would that manifest itself. Well it looks like we have our answer. It's awakening.

Luffy wasn't linked to any crazy fate. His Devil Fruit was. Luffy just so happened to be the one to have eaten that Fruit during the promised time, thus becoming the one to inherit and fulfill Joy Boy's Will.
Didn't he stab himself under his eye to show his strong will prior to eating his DF ?

So some zoro fans have the gall to criticize luffy power when luffy has had his devil fruit his whole life. Zoro gets some bullshit power up with enma that forces haki out. Trains with it for a day by the way. So zoro didnt ven need to learn coc. Can’t even compare luffy or zoro luffy actually has believable setup for his power ups zoro shit just comes straight out of oda ass.
Luffy unlocked unconscious CoC in Impel Down, still needed 2 years to train CoC after unlocking nothing at Marineford, still need to watch Kaidou fighting to finally identify how to do CoC infusion technique. What an asspull.

Zoro completely unable to do CoC ever before Wano, and unlock unconscious basic CoC, conscious basic CoC, and CoC infusion in matter of minutes...now thats the best writing and realistic power jump :suresure::suresure:

Nothing ??????

He wants to become the Pirate King, He wants to discover the One Piece

Without Luffy no story ......

I am discovering the number of haters from Luffy searching who is the strongest between Zoro, Sanji etc ....
How is it possible to think that Luffy will be not or is not the strongest ?
Is it the most important ?

The most powerful power of Luffy is not his will and to rally people to his cause ?
All Luffy wants is not simply that in Wano people can eat and drink water ?

Dudes stop reading this Manga if you don't like ....

A last advise if you want the most badass Hero from the beginning to the end of all the time in one Manga
Read One Punch Man season 1 you will be happy LOL

Knowing Oda there is always some downside to it....Oda never gave single powerup to Luffy without downside...only thing is that probably now G4 downside go away..or no longer makes him helpless when g4 runs out...
Maybe Luffy's awakening would also be only a limited time, and G4 loses its drawbacks?

Status
Not open for further replies.