Who will beat Kaido now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the major criticism DB receives is how it handles death. You must know that if you've been in the internet long enough, right?
And did you see me praising it? Im saying One Piece is worse than even dragon ball, goku might ressurect a lot, but at least that MF dies to stuff thats supposed to kill him.

He also gets injured and have to recover, unlike Luffy who recovers with magic instantly.

That's not how it works buddy. Reviving a character for death is 99% of the time not good, even if it is explained because:-
1. It cheapens the concept of death if an ability can simply revive the dead.
2. It cheapens the impact of the death.
3. It cheapens the character arc Gon went through of losing his friend.
1. It doesn’t since this was a special ability no one else is capable of other Than the queen
2. It doesn’t at all. Kite still died gruesomely. Suffering ending doesn’t discount the suffering
3. It doesn’t at all. Gon still had to face that loss and always will. As kite as he knew is gone for good.

Compare these to:
Kinemon and pell and you’re just being hypocritical who survived because of plot convenience with no logical reasoning

kaido didn't even have a chance to be a real threat.
chapter 1014 kaido declares victory..... 10 seconds later: luffy is alive and he's coming back.
chapter 1043 kaido declares victory..... 10 seconds later: luffy is getting awakening, and joyboy is back

at least naruto and bleach's villains got enough time to do some serious damage before the MCs achieved their true potential.

kaido: i'm ready to fight anyone :getnappaed:
proceeds to attack nami:odenugh:
the WSC ladies & gentlemen :jordanmf:

And did you see me praising it? Im saying One Piece is worse than even dragon ball, goku might ressurect a lot, but at least that MF dies to stuff thats supposed to kill him.

He also gets injured and have to recover, unlike Luffy who recovers with magic.
I agree with you that DB handles it better than OP. But neither of them are as bad as HxH. Reviving Kite is as bad as reviving Ace, which OP hasn't done yet. Thankfully. Pell, Pound, Bon Clay, no one comes close to Kite.

You don't have a single bit of evidence that Im is even a fighter.
Yes Luffy needs to fight the man who broke his will, scarred him physically and mentally and who has been paralleled with Blackbeard throughout the whole story.

Chapter 650 is your worst nightmare.
Oda wouldn't have made Akainu look so small and pathetic in front of the Gorosei if he was endgame.
Unless Akainu straight up kills the Gorosei and Imu himself, he is just the guard dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.