Rate this chapter

• Total voters
S

Sasaki Kojirō

The fight feels so dragging btw. When G4 Boundman first appeared, the impact of first Kong Gun on Doflamingo was so overwhelming. Not the case with G5 on Kaidou, to this point it feels like an ability solely for playing around instead also a powerful ability to decisively defeat Kaidou. Oda wasted so many powerups on Luffy. He didnt optimize Internal Destruction for Luffy, he didn't optimize FS for Luffy, he didn't optimize Luffy's utilization and processing of CoC infusion. If only we can give him some pointers. Being alone in creating power progression while being exhausted in writing the story can only bring you so far.
FS and Acoa are optimised, Luffy's USAGE of both is perfectly fine, there's nothing else to improve, now if you expect him to become a dodge god you're wrong.

Yeah effecting around and all is Awakening for sure, but what about the form luffy is using? Is it Hybird or Awakening? Cause kaido called it Zoan transforming
I think Luffy's zoan hybrid form is his base / normal form, he has the rubber fruit but not the appearance of nika (somewhat like Marco hybrid when he is not full phoenix but have the leg and the wings)

S

Sasaki Kojirō

I mean Oda gave Luffy too many powerups but none are decisive against Kaidou. Its not how powerups are supposed to be executed imo.
This is more a matter of insufficiency. I mean, the previous haki power-ups were just to make Luffy a master of all 3 types of haki, but Kaido is a very strong man, we can say that they were pre-requisites for Luffy to be able to actually fight with kaido without receiving KO, or BLITZ.

So Luffy deliberately rubberize Kaidou's face and pointlessly nerfs his own attack (piercing Kaidou's brain etc) because of it? Seems that way to me.
It seems as if on the contrary, turning Kaido's face into rubber greatly increases his AP.
Kaido was fully prepared for Luffy's attack(unlike in 1010 where he was caught off guard by luffy's ACoC), yet he got absolutely blown back by a G5 punch. Even snakeman and G3 couldn't do that.

I think by turning kaido's face into rubber and passing his fist all the way through kaido's head, Luffy increases the effectiveness of advanced haki. By passing his hand through kaido's head, it causes Luffy's haki to do even more internal destruction damage.

Honestly it doesn't make the most sense but its not supposed to, G5 works off cartoon logic

The fight feels so dragging btw. When G4 Boundman first appeared, the impact of first Kong Gun on Doflamingo was so overwhelming. Not the case with G5 on Kaidou, to this point it feels like an ability solely for playing around instead also a powerful ability to decisively defeat Kaidou. Oda wasted so many powerups on Luffy. He didnt optimize Internal Destruction for Luffy, he didn't optimize FS for Luffy, he didn't optimize Luffy's utilization and processing of CoC infusion. If only we can give him some pointers. Being alone in creating power progression while being exhausted in writing the story can only bring you so far.
I think oda has to be VERY careful with this though. With Doflamingo it was clear Luffy was overwhelming him and fully surpassed his caliber of pirate.

Kaido is supposed to be the strongest, if not one of the strongest pirates in the series. Future fights will probably be more horizontal progression than straight vertical progression in power. Luffy, in any form, shouldn't "overwhelm" Kaido, because that would imply he'd far stronger than the WSC in that form.

It's good that the fight is taking a while. It's meant to be brutal and long for the specific reason that he's not meant to defeat his opponent in a few big hits here.

Last edited:
I think it's coming to an end... Kaido will show his Awakening only for him to lose due to a signature G5 attack simply because Kaido is not adept on using that form (he rarely has challenge)...

True. What can we say, Oda messed up Luffy for the most part of the wano.

There was enough cartoon effects to make a bingo sheet:milaugh:
I felt like a kid watching Saturday Tom & Jerry with a splash of Wacky Races

Didn't know I needed Jump Rope in my life until after I received it
:usoprice::lumazed:

I like that Oda didnt make Luffy overwhelm Kaido but just made his fighting style, eh, weird. If he would have tossed the WSC around Doffy G4 style, that would be bad. Kaido landed some good hits too, just thought the running out of G5 and restarting it was unnecessary. Still hope this doesnt drag out, 1-2 chapters Kaido flashback and one more chapter to finish the fight, then the conclusion to the arc

I think oda has to be VERY careful with this though. With Doflamingo it was clear Luffy was overwhelming him and fully surpassed his caliber of pirate.

Kaido is supposed to be the strongest, if not one of the strongest pirates in the series. Future fights will probably be more horizontal progression than straight vertical progression in power. Luffy, in any form, shouldn't "overwhelm" Kaido, because that would imply he'd far stronger than the WSC in that form.

It's good that the fight is taking a while. It's meant to be brutal and long for the specific reason that he's not meant to defeat his opponent in a few big hits here.
Yea but him being careful only sacrificed Luffy again and again, since he's way too afraid to kill or severly cripple other important characters when he beat them. Zoro, Law, Yamato, even Scabbards, all were exempted from death. Imo this is the main cause Oda always gave Luffy a repeated loss, since he's the only one capable of enduring it without being dead in the process, while others get super recovery medicine, being split by Ope2 before being CoCsmacked which saved their life, other deus ex machinas just after being.

But in doing so, Oda sacrificed tension for Luffy and also for everyone else since there's no sense of danger anymore. Since Kaidou's threat will always be aimed at Luffy, and fear not, Luffy will get one powerup after another since Oda is confused how to solve this problem without wasting 10 hyped but also plot-restrained powerups for Luffy.

If only i can get in touch with him via Greg i would honestly criticise and give him ideas about power progression for MC.