Rate this chapter

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Luffy vs Kaido fight continues to be awesome. Luffy did the roadrunner again, and the thing where he pulled himself up to avoid Kaido's wind blades was hilarious. I also love how chill Luffy looks when not fighting, just casually bouncing around without a care. Its really a testament to how strong he is. And the last panel where he's gripping the lightning bolt was awesome, one of my favorite panels in Wano. Also, no matter how many times he says it, Luffy declaring himself the man who will surpass Kaido to become the Pirate King won't ever get less epic, and you can see the begrudging respect Kaido has for him in his response.

Kaido also looks good. Continues to be an absolute beast, and he isn't being made to look bad while Luffy looks good. An almost complete villain, which will be completed when he gets that flashback.

Chapter should have been named Jinbe, not Raizo. What a great feat on Jinbe's part to control and disperse that much water. My boy just saved an island.

Also, massive L to the people that were just hating on the One Piece to hate via the "reincarnation/destiny child" argument. Luffy is who he is and does what he does, simply because that is the path he chose. Everything else happens on the periphery as a result of what he chooses. Nothing more, nothing less. If he chose anything other than the things he chose, it wouldn't have turned out as it has. His free will causes fate-like occurences.

Hope Oda rests well, he put in massive work and had massive gains these past few chapters.

I feel like the writing is on the wall. This is the end.

The fire is dealt with. The Beast Pirates have lost. Everyone in the castle has had their moment. Luffy just reasserted his will to surpass Kaidou and become King of the Pirates. Kaidou is questioning "who is Luffy." Zunesha has put his faith in Luffy as Joyboy. Oda said he didn't want to end it with Luffy just punching really hard (like how he beats near every antagonist) and now Luffy is about to do something totally different. Onigashima is about to fall and Momo is about to hold it up and save everyone, just like Oden.

Could Oda theoretically follow this up with Kaidou awakening (assuming he isn't already) and stomping Luffy, then everyone teaming up against Kaidou, then allies reviving Luffy (again) so that he can deal the final blow? Sure, but at that point we'd really be dragging this out.

I think a lot of people's expectations here are sort of built around trying to match this up beat for beat with expectations built around past arcs and fights and antagonists. So there is this idea that Kaidou still needs a flashback followed by an awakening and then Luffy needs to defeat him right as it seems like everyone is doomed. Because that's how it was with Doflamingo, Moria, Enel, Crocodile, etc. But the key difference here is that on some level Kaidou wants to lose.

To me that implies this won't play out the same as other villains.

Last edited:
I think a lot of people's expectations here are sort of built around trying to match this up beat for beat with expectations built around past arcs and fights and antagonists. So there is this idea that Kaidou still needs a flashback followed by an awakening and then Luffy needs to defeat him right as it seems like everyone is doomed. Because that's how it was with Doflamingo, Moria, Enel, Crocodile, etc. But the key difference here is that on some level Kaidou wants to lose.

To me that implies this won't play out the same as other villains.
Funny thing is that most of these villains didn’t even have a flashback. We never got anything from Enel or Croc. Moria just gave some exposition about how he lost his crew. We didn’t get anything from Arlong until a decade later. Lucci got like two pages with Doberman talking about his past.

Really most villains don’t get flashbacks, they just get developed in the heroes flashbacks.

Just think of it this way.
Luffy vs Doflamingo: Oda wants to show Doflamingo has awakening, so he gives him this never before seen ability of turning his surroundings into strings.
Luffy vs Katakuri: Oda wants to show Katakuri has awakening, so he has him turn his surroundings into Mochi
Now these two fights have only been stepping stones towards the real final enemy of this whole saga, Kaido.
Luffy vs Kaido: Oda wants to show that Kaido has awakening by... doing nothing.
I dont think that would make sense.
I do get your point. But you guys are not understanding what I’m saying. I’m not saying kaido isn’t awakened. I’m saying he already is.

Crocodile says that Zoans that are awakened have great strength, toughness and recovery rate.
hmm who does it remind me of????
oh wait… Kaido comes to mind.
Minotaurs design awakened

Rob lucci‘a design not awakened

Big upper body small legs. It’s the typical hybrid form for both.
We know for sure that awakened Zoans Have greater strength and recovery. Where is the confirmation for extra form? This comes from choppers rumber ball but we don’t know if that has anything to do with awakening.
again confirmed info is increased strength, toughness and recovery. Until somebody shows me some proof that awakened zoans have extra forms I will say kaido and king are awakened, maybe even queen. It’s just we couldn’t tell the difference.