If Oda wrote a One Piece Spinoff, what would be the best spinoff series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
After Oda gave Big Mom's defeat to Kid and Law, instead of Luffy

i kinda see Akainu being defeated by Sabo instead of Luffy

i hope it doesn't happen like that

but i can see Oda doing it
Yeah, but really Luffy got his W against the BMP with Katakuri. We didn't need to retread this, hence why it was good Kid and Law got her.

I don't see it with the Marines, because Akainu might be the only actual Marine opponent Luffy faces officially, while his crew or allies take on the other 3/4 Admirals (assuming Aokiji is still a Marine and is undercover).

Read the "road to raftel booklets"
Deadass, It said that we will know more about Kaido's fruit and his relationship with Big Mom AND we will know more about Rocks
You mean Kaido needs to be alive for him to explain his relationship with Big Mom and his powers?
Well, a proper historian in the story is credible enough.

Even if you dont believe that Kaido was strongest back then, he is the strongest now and isnt King of the seas nor is he ruling in front of the throne. That's exactly what shows why WB was the strongest pirate while Kaido is far from the strongest pirate. You could argue that he is the weakest pirate among the great pirates.
Narratively stronger and stronger people appear later. First one to appear was Mihawk and was World's Strongest. Then Whitebeard appeared and he took over as World's Strongest, even tho he actually wasnt due to his condition. And latest one to appear was Kaido and he took over as World's Strongest who has been that the whole time, ever since Kurozumi Higurashi named him Embodiment of Strength, in the era of prime Roger and prime WB...
Sure, WB's words that he cant stay strongest forever work, because Kaido isnt a thing at that point. Same thing with Mihawk being called the strongest in first 50 chapters when Whitebeard isnt a thing... It is just a narrative attempt at hype. You meet 3 guys who are World's Strongest while actually only one among them is but it is fine because at the time of their hype you didnt know that the other guy was actually the real strongest.
Well, there is a problem with this. First of all, Whitebeard was not someone to actively surpass for Luffy. He died during Marineford being eaten up by his own disease. Secondly, Kaido isn't the final villain, maybe not even the second last, as we still have Blackbeard and Im. Even if we treat Im as a wild card (though he is set up to be the anti Joyboy), we have Blackbeard. You shouldn't make the same mistake as those saying Shanks > Mihawk purely because Luffy wants to beat him, since Shanks isn't the final villain either. Roger and Whitebeard were the peak of the old era, which the new era will surpass through Luffy and Blackbeard. Kaido was just another silver medalist who got beaten just right after Luffy awakened his fruit, yet not being at his peak just yet. Whitebeard being introduced didn't disprove Mihawk's WSS title. While Whitebeard did not get dethroned either, as we established.

Power wise, it would rather be Roger >= Whitebeard. They were portrayed as equal fighters, while Roger had like a year or so to live, with severe illness himself. And Kaido specifically saying how Roger conquered the world with power (Haki) contradicts the notion of Roger being just held in high regard due to his group achievements. Like literally, Sengoku said that Ace had the potential to stand atop of the world merely by having Roger's blood running through his veins. And that is even though Ace rejected being associated with Roger at all.

I love G5 and hearing Oda's thought process makes it even better for me personally. Just hopefully he doesn't completely take away Luffy's ability to be serious or mad in certain situations. As that's one of the best aspects of Luffy's character, that he is completely lackadaisical 99% of the time but when he needs to be his personality will switch on a dime. :kayneshrug:

Hot Take

I would like to see

Garp vs Dragon

that would be a doozy
It also would serve the story. Their relationship definitely needs to be explored (i.e. probably regarding Luffy's mother and Dragon's relationship to Garp).

Plus, I feel like Garp doesn't have any contemporaries to really fight anymore of he doesn't fight Luffy or against the Marines. Dragon is honestly perfect for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.