One Piece Chapter 1059 "Captain Koby’s Case"

Rate this chapter

• ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

• ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

• ⭐️⭐️⭐️

• ⭐️⭐️

• ⭐️

Results are only viewable after voting.
Seeing Weevil/Moria/Vivi/Sabo/Bonney in 1060 would be the cherry on top, I really don't care about seeing the SHs shenanigans again on the ship anytime soon lol

Seeing Weevil/Moria/Vivi/Sabo in 1060 would be the cherry on top, I really don't care about seeing the SHs shenanigans again on the ship anytime soon lol
Weevil is sure at this point. Its the only Ex-Warlord left. But sadly i think that to know about Sabo and Vivi we will have to wait for more time. I think Oda wanted to create new cliffchangers (Sabo's call,Koby's kidnapping,and a new one next chapter) and like always he will answer to those cliffchangers after the new arc. Classic Oda.

Bad chapter for Kurohige.
What is this free wank for Rayleigh? He couldn't beat a non-Prime Oden (or even young Marco) and was sweating against Kizaru lmao.
Kurohige didn't care about Sengoku at MF lol.

Bad chapter for Fujitora too (if the Seraphims are cyborg, so partly humans). This is better than having Warlords (from a moral standpoint)?

Coby seems more like a symbol rather than an actual hero like Garp. So if Coby fanboys are celebrating, I wouldn't do be so quick on it.

And the new Pacifistas have around DR Zoro's attack power, or even more, don't remember how big was that mountain. Quite an upgrade.
But I doubt they can mass produce them. Since a Pacifista cost as much as a warship, and this is a much better version, so probably the cost is exponentially greater).

Now it only remains Weevil.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
The WG cares far more about its own reputation that it does about the marines', the Gorousei made it clear to Sengoku and Sakazuki when dealing with the Impel Down and Doflamingo issues.
It wasn't a matter of reputation back then. Doffy threatened to leak information about the MJ treasure. They let the marines take the blame because the stakes were too high. The comparison doesn't work here.

And as far as we know they have far greater concerns that dealing with a reputated but otherwise still secondary marine captain, that isn't irreplacable to them.
Two Yonko are fighting a war, and all they did is send fleets to capture the Shichibukai despite knowing they can't capture them. They kept sending ships after Mihawk despite knowing how futile it is just to show the world they were trying.

The only way they could ever agree to make a deal about Coby is if they feel he's really an extremely important asset, or do think he has vital informations about them that they can't reveal.
No, that's not how it works. The WG cares a lot about reputation. That's the whole idea behind these cover-ups. If they don't care, then they might as well stop covering things up. Coby is a hero for the common folk. He's quite famous already. They can't just put this aside because other big things are happening.

And Sakazuki is extremely hardly someone who'll make deals with pirates, we already saw that with the Bonney-Blackbeard situation after Marineford, with Bonney being strongly implied to be far more important to the WG that Coby currently is.
Akainu was firmly against losing the Shichibukai. He's the last guy you wanna use in this kind of argument. He also cares a lot about his reputation as the head of the marines. So if he doesn't do anything to save Coby, a hero who saved many lives, then he'll be seen as incompetent. You can't protect the world if you can't protect one of your own.

The WG doesn't ignore smaller issues because they have bigger issues happening. They sent marines to capture the Shichibukai when two Yonko are fighting a war.
Coby isn't big enough to be their top priority. That doesn't mean he's not relevant enough to be a priority. This is bad reasoning.

What would have happened to Catarina Davon's fruit if she would have stayed stoned? Fruit lost forever? Or sooner or later it would have appeared somewhere? This question would be good for a SBS

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
That’s part of the problem, this chapter made Blackbeard look like an idiot: he came to get Boa for fuck all reasons, got everyone stoned DESPITE knowing her abilities, got surprised by a Pacifista which Luffy would have no issues with, failed to get Boa cause he didn’t even challenge Rayleigh, ran away with a Marine.

BB is supposed to be the calculated one, and this chapter hasn’t showed it. Regardless of the Coby reasoning, it already looks bad.
He looked like an idiot because he didn't foresee the new Pacifista and Rayleigh?! I think you're either confusing being calculated with being able to see the future or just complaining for the sake of it. There is nothing idiotic about being shocked upon seeing something shocking. That's being expressive.

Next chapter will be even more hype if Vegapunk appears. We saw a navy ship arriving at his possible base of operations and the end of the chapter. Maybe Bonney and Sugar are with him.

He looked like an idiot because he didn't foresee the new Pacifista and Rayleigh?! I think you're either confusing being calculated with being able to see the future or just complaining for the sake of it. There is nothing idiotic about being shocked upon seeing something shocking. That's being expressive.
? Did you read what I said?

Who mentioned foreseeing? It’s one thing to be surprised and handle the situation, and another to not end up doing anything about it 🤣

It’s a combination of him being unprepared and not challenging anything, and ultimately fleeing which makes him look like an idiot.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
? Did you read what I said?

Who mentioned foreseeing? It’s one thing to be surprised and handle the situation, and another to not end up doing anything about it 🤣
It’s a combination of him being unprepared and not challenging anything, and ultimately fleeing which makes him look like an idiot.
You said he looked like an idiot and justified it using Pacifista and Rayleigh as reasons. He didn't go there expecting to encounter Rayleigh and the new Pacifista, so you can't really blame him for being "unprepared" unless you're expecting him to see the future. Because they're the reason why things went down the way they did, not because of Hancock—the person he's actually supposed to be prepared for. From the looks of it, he's prepared enough for Hancock given how he dealt with her.

What do you expect him to do? Fight a war with Rayleigh knowing full well what the consequences will be? That makes him more of an idiot.

That’s part of the problem, this chapter made Blackbeard look like an idiot: he came to get Boa for fuck all reasons, got everyone stoned DESPITE knowing her abilities, got surprised by a Pacifista which Luffy would have no issues with, failed to get Boa cause he didn’t even challenge Rayleigh, ran away with a Marine.

BB is supposed to be the calculated one, and this chapter hasn’t showed it. Regardless of the Coby reasoning, it already looks bad.
Blackbeard is calculating in the long term,but he often messes up in the short term. Remember Impel Down when he was almost dying if it wasnt for Shiryu

Egghead Port?:choppawhat:

Why Bonney and Sugar both?
Egghead is an insult for academics, intellectuals and such. Vegapunk being at such a place is similar to Buggy being at an island named after false bravado.

I believed the SSG weapon would be Vegapunk turning Bonney and Sugar into cyborgs and have them use the National Treasure of Maryjoa. Still think they have something to do with Vegapunk.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Another chapter where nothing actually happened, coupe of chess pieces took a step forward only to take a step back right after...
As usual, One Piece operates on hype and hype only. Use old Ray to hype BB, then use BB to hype prime Ray.
At least we got confirmation that the strength of Warlord's replacement is Noodle's nightmare.
When I said flame mode King was invincible, yall thought I was joking. :wellwell:
https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/forum/threads/fear-of-the-wildfire-how-gods-met-demise.22847/