Is this the biggest single-chapter demolition of a character & fandom?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The very fact that Whitebeard took note of their clashes & termed them Legendary is enough lol. I'm not gonna repeat this again.
It isn't. Nothing says that line of WB implies they were in their prime then. Shanks didn't become a Yonkou right after. It took him years and who knows when Mihawk joined the warlords and when he felt unrivalled.

This is insane portrayal, Whitebeard wouldn't go around giving such compliments to Commander tier garbage.
I'm not saying it isn't but both undeniably grew after that fight based on the positions they acquired years after their last bout.

They dont need to clash in "Prime" states or whatever you mean by that.
Same growth rates, near equals, but Shanks "sacrifices" potential.... the writing is on the wall.
They do because nothing outside of fanon confirms that they have the same growth and the writing doesn't prove that either.

That's why I am saying, the Kamusari Shanks used isn't the same as the one Roger used in the Oden flashback.

Kaido has multiple thunder baguas, Zoro has multiple sanzen sekai, Luffy has multiple pistol attacks. There's no reason to think that all the kamusari are the same and that the one Shanks used to 1 shot Kid is the same one that Roger used against Oden.

Most likely, Shanks used a stronger version of kamusari. This would spare Kid from total humiliation, not completely shit on kaido and BM, and give Shanks an impressive feat in the process.
Well Shanks is also a swordsman, and swordsmans attacks are strongest attacks in the series

Sorry but this Mihawk>Shanks Agenda has no weight ......In a debate someone would tear you guys apart after all the things Shanks has accomplished.

The Title is all you have, Shanks has Portrayal, Feats, Hype and all Only that Title is what you have. Shanks used Gold D. Rogers Attack.... that's Godly portrayal.

In the back of your mind you know deep down There are 2 things that can Officially end you Title Suckers. 1. Shanks fighting without his sword 2. The Timing of Zoro Vs Mihawk
You better pray to God that Zoro at least defeats Admiral before Fighting Mihawk otherwise your Agenda is in Shambles.
Oda may shit on Sanji's dream by having characters call it cheap, Oda himself not deeming it conqueror worthy, or even have Sanji realize his dream doesn't compare to WSS when he's talking to Kuma, but he would never do that to Zoro whose entire character revolves around his dream.

Yup, reason Mihawk is built with fake hype. For me it doesn't matter if Mihawk is a 100 while Shanks is a 99, but people tend use his title of strongest to say Mihawk is a tier above Emperors and will high diff any Yonko including Shanks when in reality Mihawk best feat is fighting a billion worth Shanks.

After their last fight, Shanks becamed an Emperor with hype equal to Whitebeard, Big Mom, Kaido as his rivals while Mihawk at marineford didn't even knew the difference of power between Whitebeard and Him.
Mihawk only beats shanks in polls on this website because it’s mostly zorotards but on any other forum shanks is beating mihawk by 200k in every poll I wouldn’t take polls or fanbois on this site seriously

Which supports my point. Both fighters never met in their prime and clashed. There's no argument that confirms Shanks and Mihawk are currently as close as Whitebeard and Roger were in their primes. It's just a fan driven opinion.
Shanks and Mihawks battle is more hyped than Roger and Whitebeards battle.

It is one of the things that made Shanks famous enough to be an emperor

Well for Mihawk?? It was just another Sunday, making another emperor.

He made Buggy an emperor too.

Yeah Oda has made some very worrying parallels with Roger and Luffy lol. Id prefer if he was reincarnated to Luffy or Luffy just inherited his will especially but ergh. Oda even made Roger goofier and whimsical like Luffy now. Looks more like him too.

Oden is quite like Luffy too though to be fair and Luffy does resemble Garp a lot, when Garp was shown as a child.

https://www.bilibili.tv/TH/video/2045813898
These similiraties are done for a while, aside some stuff like both have advcoc or both have a firstmate with a scar(think those are just stretches)

What these characters have in common as that they want freedom and now their world meet people party. Shanks ain't exactly like that, his goals appears to put something in the works, change the gears of the world that he'd be closer to Dragon imo, but Dragon is just another Question Mark

on tha tpick about roger not being dead, i dont buy it. roger is dead for me he done his job he told his legend

Why are Mihawk and Shanks for some weird reason always equal since their last bout 13 years ago but somehow the guy that scarred Shanks without 2 fruits and 2 positions down is still not on his level according to the fandom even though both are destined to fight shortly in the series ?

That's what i call the writing is on the wall
@ConquistadoR those two are portrayed neck n neck based on the recent plots as well.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
It isn't. Nothing says that line of WB implies they were in their prime then. Shanks didn't become a Yonkou right after. It took him years and who knows when Mihawk joined the warlords and when he felt unrivalled.
Again, read my post.
They're clashes being noted by Whitebeard as being Legendary is enough for them to be Top Tiers at that point.
Same Whitebeard gave Crocodile the Moriah treatment btw.

Them being Top Tiers =/= Them being their absolute primes.

Not gonna repeat this anymore.

I'm not saying it isn't but both undeniably grew after that fight based on the positions they acquired years after their last bout.
And?
What does that change?

They do because nothing outside of fanon confirms that they have the same growth and the writing doesn't prove that either.
Because they are tied together in the narrative as Rivals.
They fought for years and didn't beat each other, now one is the WSS while the other is a Yonko.

Status
Not open for further replies.