One Piece Chapter 1118 - Be Free

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
:suresure:

Wannabe analysts? Nobody declares themselves as "analyst" but you, lol.

I don't hate everything of this arc. Again, you're inventing some random nonsense here again. I particularly disliked THIS chapter and you hopped on my dick for it.
I was even defending some of the previous chapters and I actually enjoy lore piece. It doesn't mean I have to like everything and I can definitely voice my disappointment without someone responding with BS.
I mean, sure, you can do that as well but don't expect that I'm taking you seriously.

It needs this vibe.

Having a pure echo chamber which doesn't allow criticism is the real issue in reddit/twitter. Again, you can still write and be active there. Nobody forces you to interact in a community whose vibes do not go along with yours.

Nah, you said something about sexism and then backtracked immediately when I asked you.

Or is it about my comment that a 12yo kid achieved the same mode which is apparently Luffy's peak of power? If it was Momonosuke unlocking his awakening in Wano, I'd call it BS as well. You're weird for making it into a gender thing, wtf. Also, Bonney is literally a lil girl, tf are you talking about??? I don't say she can't be strong - there is still Big Mom after all who was quite powerful when she was a kid - but there is obviously a difference in Bonney temporarily achieving some good power and mimiking Luffy's strongest mode. Come on...
Save yourself the trouble. Search his name in the politics section. You'll realise you're talking to someone that's never lost an argument/debate (like talking to a brick wall)

Save yourself the trouble. Search his name in the politics section. You'll realise you're talking to someone that's never lost an argument/debate (like talking to a brick wall)
Well, I avoid the politic thread. It's just about two sides throwing some buzzwords and blaming each other for things which happen in this world. It never ends well. Politic discussions are way more toxic than any powerscaling debate on this forum. Yet, we powerscalers mostly get shat on for it...

But Logiko is just quite "special", especially with his Carrot wank on that particular thread about whether Carrot is strawhat material or not.

I wouldn't even start a conversation with him if he suddenly didn't just hop on my dick like that, lol.

r/politics ? the most cancerous commie mental nutjob place on the entire surface web? Wow!
Let me help you forget :willight:
Post automatically merged:

Well, I avoid the politic thread. It's just about two sides throwing some buzzwords and blaming each other for things which happen in this world. It never ends well. Politic discussions are way more toxic than any powerscaling debate on this forum. Yet, we powerscalers mostly get shat on for it...

But Logiko is just quite "special", especially with his Carrot wank on that particular thread about whether Carrot is strawhat material or not.

I wouldn't even start a conversation with him if he suddenly didn't just hop on my dick like that, lol.
Seems you have it all handled then. :toximoji:

Oh we got plenty of fights, even fights that happened just to happen... I just kind of forgot there was a Strawhat crew in this arc... The Strawhats suddenly became side characters... If this is where the one piece is headed then I agree, it will stop being for me... After over 1100 chapters during which we were emotionally attached to all SHs I refuse to see them as side characters. I care equally for all of them not just Luffy.... How are the rest of them gonna have any growth if they don't do anything? Will Ussop magically become a brave and powerful warrior of the seas the moment his foot touch Elbaf?
The strawhats are only a PART of the story. There is so much more to One Piece than only the strawhats. They will have their time when they have it. And most growth in One Piece happens in the subtext, not necesserily in plain sight.

Right now, its the story of Bonney and Kuma, that's literally one of the deepest story in the hearth of Oda, so be patient. The strawhat will shine, but when it is time.

Wannabe analysts? Nobody declares themselves as "analyst" but you, lol.
Indeed, very few people on this forum or in the fanbase really have this skill.

I mean, sure, you can do that as well but don't expect that I'm taking you seriously.
You do what you want mate, the fact is, the argument "the power of the hero shouldn't be shared with an untrained girl" is foundamentaly nonsensical

:kayneshrug:

It needs this vibe.

Having a pure echo chamber which doesn't allow criticism is the real issue in reddit/twitter. Again, you can still write and be active there. Nobody forces you to interact in a community whose vibes do not go along with yours.
You are confusing fair criticizism and negativity/illegitimate hate.

For example, I have a lot of fair criticizism with One Piece (sexism/transphobia/representations/some mistakes here and there) but here, you guys are hating literally on a choice based on absolutely NO logical and narrative reasons.

All I see is:
"it downgrades Luffy" > It does not
"Its stupid" > It is not

That hate is based on nothing but the reasonning that when a power of a man is shared with a women, it downgrades the man.

Question: Did you ever felt like Momonosuke having the same power as Kaido downgrades Kaido or "is stupid" ?

Probably not. So why should it be the case for Luffy ? Because he is the main character and somehow a main character must be the most special of all ?

If you think that, you don't understand that what makes Luffy special is not his fruit, but his personnality.

That's why I think that most people who are mad because Bonney have the same power as Luffy are NOT apart of Luffy's fandom.

Nah, you said something about sexism and then backtracked immediately when I asked you
Nah, simply judged that you wouldn't understand just like I feel that you won't understand what I just said above.

Or is it about my comment that a 12yo kid achieved the same mode which is apparently Luffy's peak of power?
Awakening is not about power, its about syncronisation between the mind and the devil fruit.

(and no, this is STILL NOT a wall of text, take it as a little paragraph from me )

:optimistic:

Learn more buzzwords so you can pretend to be a victim better. Also assume an identity that is considered "protected". Then you can play the false victim card.
Uh ?

Indeed, very few people on this forum or in the fanbase really have this skill.
We all analyze this manga based on the chapter panels, statements and then we build our own view upon it. That's how powerscaling discussions mainly function.

You have people citing from VIZ translations or using secondary sources like databooks, magazines, etc.

Yet you're the one making it into "wannabe analysts" which exposes you to be the very thing you accused other users to be.

You do what you want mate, the fact is, the argument "the power of the hero shouldn't be shared with an untrained girl" is foundamentaly nonsensical
Eh of course?!?! What kinda BS is that?
Luffy trained his entire life. He went through hell to achieve this kind of power. He wanted to have Haki? Well, he had to train 2 years for it, battling dangerous Kaiju like animals in a dangerous island. He wanted to learn FS? He actively had to unlock this power step by step. Haki flowing? Again, pure training. ACoC? It's basically haki flowing but with CoC - Luffy still had a crude use of it until he had his third round with Kaido.

A kid mimiking the same power which the protagonist sweat and bleed for is completely undermining it. You're blind if you cannot see it.
Yes, she has the potential due to the distorted futures but again, nobody expected her to pull this stunt at freaking Egghead Island, especially when the question in power is the Lv. 99 mafia boss level...

You are confusing fair criticizism and negativity/illegitimate hate.
For example, I have a lot of fair criticizism with One Piece (sexism/transphobia/representations/some mistakes here and there) but here, you guys are hating literally on a choice based on absolutely NO logical and narrative reasons.
All I see is:
"it downgrades Luffy" > It does not
"Its stupid" > It is not
That hate is based on nothing but the reasonning that when a power of a man is shared with a women, it downgrades the man.
Question: Did you ever felt like Momonosuke having the same power as Kaido downgrades Kaido or "is stupid" ?
Probably not. So why should it be the case for Luffy ? Because he is the main character and somehow a main character must be the most special of all ?
If you think that, you don't understand that what makes Luffy special is not his fruit, but his personnality.
That's why I think that most people who are mad because Bonney have the same power as Luffy are NOT apart of Luffy's fandom.
That's the problem with you idiots. It's always "hate" whenever people criticise something. Now I went far more into detail, can you still spout this nonsense then?
What??? One Piece and being transphobic? Are you kidding me? One Piece included non binary people before this entire thing got that much influenced in western countries. There are the Okama people after all and Ivankov is one of the most liked characters.
"All I see is:" - Correction: You can't see.
Yes, it does as I elaborated above.
It's also stupid because it completely renders every kind of progress useless which Bonney would have obtained before reaching a godlike mode.
LMFAOOOO. That's just your twisted interpretation of that. You're such an idiot, lol.
Momonosuke awakening his DF while Kaido just has a drunken style would completely butcher his entire appearance as a powerhouse in his own arc featuring his downfall. Yes, it would. You can't seriously argue it wouldn't make a difference.
Probably yes. It's Luffy's strongest transformation so far which gets massively wanked by... literally everyone on this freaking manga, lol. The giants literally worship Nika. Same as Kuma and Bonney. Even Kizaru did the whole Nika dance. It escalated to such levels that Bonney even started mimiking this mode.
If you believe Luffy is still special due to his "pErSoNaLitY", you're obviously lost. Oda tries his hardest to shove this Nika insanity down our throats and Luffy is basically a reincarnation of that god. Personality? No, it was ALWAYS fate.
I am part of Luffy's fandom and I think it's pure shit.

Nah, simply judged that you wouldn't understand just like I feel that you won't understand what I just said above.
So I ask again: Where was the sexism?

Awakening is not about power, its about syncronisation between the mind and the devil fruit.
Awakening is also about perfect DF mastery and guess what, this syncronisation between the mind and the devil fruit doesn't arbitrary happen.

It's ironic because you're literally known for having terrible reading comprehension
That's basically his reading comprehension level when interpretating criticism in this thread due to Joygirl:

Logiko is a complete joke.

Last edited: