Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Awful

Votes: 7 6.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Worst

Custom title
well they made a point about him being strongest convict in wano that oden beat in battle, and he also 1 shot jack, so he must be above random thief denjiro and that turtle boy.
dude ashura at that time was same age as kin'emon (15) while Oden 18 he might have one shotted Jack today but Oden just cut that mountain sized board in half like butter xD sure he was stronger than Kin'emon since he is one of top 3 but Oden is on another level......he didn't defeated just Ashura but all the bandits in Kuri and made them his bitches

Denjiro here is a child, maybe 10 or 11 years old. For sure he is way smaller then Kinemon here.

But there is again food for my denjiro=koshiro-theory.
For example the fighting style of Oden which matches Zoros fighting style perfectly. A fighting style teached by Koshiro and was witnessed by Denjiro and inspired him.

my months old theory seems to be right :feelscryingman:
It's more and more likely that he's Koshiro yeah

Alright chapter, nothing spectacular.

Seems that back when Zoro only had two swords he had the same stance as Oden. And Oden's attack looked very like what Onigiri would look like with two swords. More food for Denjiro=Koshiro. Oden trained Koshiro trained Zoro trained Momonosuke would be interesting.

Also the people watching reminded me of Zoro vs Pica, and the weird muscle thing a bit of Ichi Gorilla, but I don't think that's as strong a connection.

Also I think we can expect all the bad things Oden has done, like the Mountain God incident, to really be him being misunderstood but just taking the blame anyway. Probability Denjiro saw a few of them and that's why he already idolises Oden.

Orochi has always looked punchable, that's not surprising. Little dick murdered Yasuie after taking him on as well.

Denjiro can't be Koshiro, precisely because of the height. Koshiro is 184cm while Oden is really huge, but Ashura Doji is even bigher than Oden.(chapter 920). Then in chapter 922 we see Ashura and Denjiro together next to each other and they're about the same height. Denjiro is definitely a child here and will outgrow Kinemon.

Not a great chapter but not a bad one either.

It's interesting to see how strong Oden already was during his youth with him already being a very powerful samurai and already a haki user and to see how he got the loyalty of loners, bandits and yakuzas like Denjiro or Kin'emon.
Of course his rebellious and anti-traditionnal attitude would have gotten him exiled sooner or later and him attacking what is considered as a god was nothing surprising. At least he got a real instinct since he was able to feel that Orochi was a snake.

His future conflict with Orochi just reeks the traditionnal feuding families storyline.

K

Kusanagi Kyo

Denjiro can't be Koshiro, precisely because of the height. Koshiro is 184cm while Oden is really huge, but Ashura Doji is even bigher than Oden.(chapter 920). Then in chapter 922 we see Ashura and Denjiro together next to each other and they're about the same height. Denjiro is definitely a child here and will outgrow Kinemon.
On the other hand Kyoshiro is huge.

Man Oden and Luffy are exactly alike. Care free attitude with insane confidence and the natural ability to make people want to follow them. Now that he's exiled I think we're going to get Oden vs Ashura Doji next chapter, hope it's a good one. Also waiting for Toki to show up.
Oden also has Conquerors Haki and Voice of All Things like Luffy. He has the charisma and is obsessed with Freedom like Luffy as well.

Last edited:

SmokedOut

Life Is Good ✌️
I don't see why people don't care for the flashback, I find it very entertaining. Oda is essentially introducing Oden in the way any mangaka would introduce their main character. I also enjoy the details Oda places in his work, like this person:
In ancient Japan, people who wished to place or remove curses on people, items, and places dressed in the particular outfit

Lol the old guy doing ninjutsu

And spotting Pandaman relishing that Oden greatness

Also, we now know Orochi isn't royalty, but still had a direct connection to Yazuie and Oden in the past.

Enjoy the ride and realize its not always about feats or fights. Cheers:cheers:

Last edited:
Thought it was a decent chapter. I really liked the Kinemon bit. Was pretty cuul seeing him stand up to the giant pig. I also really liked the fact that he was willing to man up & admit the truth (even though technically he wasn’t to blame) regardless of the consequences.

On Denjiro, not gonna lie, I lost a bit of interest in his character this chapter😭. I like the intelligent part of him, not so much the Oden’s number 1 fanboy part tho 😓. That said he was giving off mad Coby vibes this chapter. His geeky design & the way he acts around Oden is very reminiscent of East Blue Coby.

On Oden, his 2 sword style attack was Zoro~esque, particularly the muscle strengthening thing he did whilst in his stance. That said I’m interested in getting to know why Oden is so hell bent on being rebellious tho?😅 Also it was interesting to see him call Yasuie uncle, as it implies that both related and that he has Shimotsuki blood in like I suspected ^^.

Oddly tho, the most interesting part of the chapter for me was Orochi’s appearance. He’s giving off a very different vibe from the version of himself in the current timeline. I wonder tho, has he always been gunning for the seat of Shogun since he was a servant or did something happen that made him suddenly desire it? Also, the current chapter kinda gives better insight with regards to Yasu’s execution & his conversation with Orochi right before he died given both’s relationship as master/slave years back (I.e. Yasu called him a rat IIRC which seemed to hit a sore spot).

Lastly, I’m thinking Oden getting expelled from the Capital was the catalyst for the start of his conquest on Kuri so we might be seeing Shutenmaru soon. That said, it’s looking like it’s gonna be a bloody long flashback if we are gonna be seeing how all the 9 scabbards came to follow him, how he meet toki and the tragedy that befell Wano 20 years ago 😓. Add the breaks as well & it’d feel like an eternity till we see the SHs again. A bit too much content in one go so I’d honestly prefer if Oda spread it out a bit. For example go back to the current timeline after introducing the scabbards & showing a bit of Orochi starting to bear his fangs and then continue with the flashback at later time.

Status
Not open for further replies.