One Piece Chapter 966 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MD Zolo

I thought Oden would go back to Wano before embarking on journey with Roger, but doesn't seem to be the case. Which means Oden's catchphrase of 'Open the borders of Wano' is totally related to Laugh Tale/One Piece.

And to anybody who is still adamant about Roger not being a swordsman, Roger used a named attack with his sword, he is definitely a swordsman.

Oden is shocked Roger and Whitebeard are clashing without touching.

I think it is advanced CoA, something that Oda invented more recently. If we remember, Shanks has amazing CoC, but he clashed physically with Whitebeard

Even Big Mom and Kaido are clashing physically

It's possible this "level 2" CoA will mean Luffy has surpassed the Yonko including Kaido, BM and Shanks offensively. I said from the start, he needs PK level feats to take down Kaido.

Yonko level offence is not enough to take down Kaido.
Please stop talking nonesense. Luffy didn't surpass them offensively.

Of course it matters; and it's literally irrelevant if you vehemently stomp on the ground while screaming "NO! THAT'S NOT TRUE!", "bro".

And he uses a gun on another major battle...
Come on dude, that's confirmation bias.

But that's the case: Roger never was the WSS and Mihawk was never associated with him.

Stop pushing the entire "Zoro becoming the greatest swordsman ever" on every single damn character who coincidentally uses a sword for fucks sake...
Yes, we see him holding a gun and it's safe to assume that he used it but it doesn't mean he's more of a firearm expert than a swordsman. We see him use a sword more time than a gun. He attacked Oden with a named sword attack. He Attack and fought WB with blacken haki sword.

He's clearly being portrayed as a swordsman. Swordsman in one piece aren't limited to just using swords.

What the actual fuck is even your point? Roflmao.

I am relaxed; after all, it is your own problem whether you can judge a panel without confirmation bias. ;)

Roger taking a photo shooting, hello! :)
My point is one random panel of a person exhibiting a random fighting style doesn't mean that's their actual fighting style... An aftual fight is where you tell what actual person's fighting style is

I can present you multiple panels with Sanji Zoro and luffy doing MORE SHIT than just stancing up like Roger did but with different fighting styles and it Doesn't reflect their fighting styles

Roger is fine with shooting people with guns but when an actual fight starts he isn't pulling out guns against fuckin whitebeard... In dressrosa Zoro kicked Dellinger because he's fine with kicking scrubs to get them out of the way but when fuckin Fujitora is involved he uses his actual fighting style... get it?

So its okay dude, all we need is one panel of Roger actually in a fight using his gunner skills and it's fine... thats it... We shall declare Roger as a gunner... until then... NOPE

people tend to underestimate the WBP lol while everyone remarks how amazing the marines were they are forgetting

first Vista was fine after the war and to hold Marco and Whitebeard the marines needed underhand tactics

second WBP were on the attacking site

third the introduction of the pacifista before that the WBP fought 1 and half hour evenly with the marines

fourth Marco easily clashed with the Admirals head on in no true match he was overpowered lol spare you downgrades for yourself the marine can be glad that Oden wasnt part of the crew anymore if him and a healthy Whitebeard the fight would go off different

Also at that time WBP got Oden as a first mate

M

MD Zolo

What the actual fuck is even your point? Roflmao.

I am relaxed; after all, it is your own problem whether you can judge a panel without confirmation bias. ;)

Roger taking a photo shooting, hello! :)
Enough of your nonsense. Is Roger more than a swordsman? May be, he used to fight Garp who is a brawler, so it's completely possible.

But for now Roger is a swordsman. There is no doubts about it. Until Roger shows other fighting styles (if any), you need to accept that.

At the end of the day I'm going to stop elevating the old era only for the sake of them being legendary.

Primebeard, Roger, Garp and Sengoku totally filled in the hype that I was expecting, and I do elevate Whitebeard/Roger, but the likes of Rayleigh/Oden etc. Don't look too impressive in comparison to current gen top tiers
If we take everything seriously in this flashback (which we shouldn’t since Oda clearly isn’t), then Prime Ray is looking kinda meh tbh. His portrayal comes from Old Ray, who was able to push Admirals to mid-high diff despite being 70+ years old and never doing any training or fighting since he retired. Imagine if a top tier boxer who retired 24 years ago, stopped training completely, and was now an old man stepped back in the ring to right someone equal to his prime self. He’d get stomped

Status
Not open for further replies.