One Piece Chapter 966 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course this is huge downplay but there is still a difference of saying EOS Zoro could also surpass the current Yonko if he surpasses Mihawk who is >= Shanks or if people actually try to argue EOS Zoro is Roger level or even ABOVE based on Roger using a sword during a clash.

Furthermore, @comrade posted the panel when Roger CLEARLY used a DIFFERENT WEAPON than a sword and thus, we cannot really say whether Roger is a pure swordsman or not.
After all, I think we can easily say that the narrative doesn't really fit Roger being a pure swordsman.

Case closed.
What narrative says roger isn’t just a sworsman. His number 1 rival rocks was a swordsman
He literally just used his sword in this chapter
Now you tell
Us why you think he’s not a swordsman without tears and headcanon

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Of course this is huge downplay but there is still a difference of saying EOS Zoro could also surpass the current Yonko if he surpasses Mihawk who is >= Shanks or if people actually try to argue EOS Zoro is Roger level or even ABOVE based on Roger using a sword during a clash.

Furthermore, @comrade posted the panel when Roger CLEARLY used a DIFFERENT WEAPON than a sword and thus, we cannot really say whether Roger is a pure swordsman or not.
After all, I think we can easily say that the narrative doesn't really fit Roger being a pure swordsman.

Case closed.
No he didnt. That wasnt a clash. He held a gun when roger never left the ship.
Chopper was in samurai armour with a sword not long ago.
Zoro used a scythe mihawk a knife.
Where was rogers gun this chapter ? Or vs rox ?

do you think people would try to deny so much that roger is a swordsman if that didn't mean zoro is surpassing him?
Yes, I do think they would still try to deny it; after all Mihawk is also a difficult topic. :yasu:

But honestly, seeing how Roger switches between swords and guns, I don't see at all that he's a swordsman.

Then why you guys pushing away narrative for Rayleigh over Roger so easily just because stuff don't go your way. You can't back anything unless it makes Zoro #1 (which he never be) in your book. Idea of him surpassing or equal to Roger is just Headcannon stupidity at this point. That goes for anyone thinking Mihawk is stronger than Roger too.
Wrong, the problem is some guys can't handle the the fact that Oda considers swordsmanship so powerful. Before this chapter we were not sure what type of fighting style Roger possesses but now the manga is showing him to be a swordsman and it's destroying some of you on the inside. That's why so many continue to post their headcanon whenever it comes to swordsman.

Yes, I do think they would still try to deny it; after all Mihawk is also a difficult topic. :yasu:

But honestly, seeing how Roger switches between swords and guns, I don't see at all that he's a swordsman.
He uses the gun one time
When he clashed with rocks he only had a sword
When he clash with whitebeard only a sword
The sword is the norm the gun isnt

Who cares about Zoro? The vivre card stated that it's Zoro's job to be a good vice captain for Luffy, with Mihawk stating Zoro values Luffy's ambition even over his own WSS ambition. The PK domain is something reserved for Luffy and Zoro is merely a good servant for it. And suddenly people argue that Zoro out off all people - not even the other top supernovae like Kid - are going to surpass Roger himself, but Zoro. What's next? Killer becoming Yonko level?
zoro is the second most important strawhat lol
and he is surpassing all swordsmen, that was established 20 years ago
stop it

Case closed.
But the pure swordman is not an idea brought by Oda at all (the fandom create it)so how you use it as a filter?

(And again Fuji has a DF but is cannonly considered a Swordman so why seeing Roger with a gun is so contradictory)

zoro is the second most important strawhat lol
There are people more important than the second most important strawhat. Rayleigh being the second most important Roger pirate doesn't mean he was the second most important guy in Roger's era.

and he is surpassing all swordsmen, that was established 20 years ago
Except that Roger isn't a swordsman and Zoro surpassing him is ridiculous.

Of course this is huge downplay but there is still a difference of saying EOS Zoro could also surpass the current Yonko if he surpasses Mihawk who is >= Shanks or if people actually try to argue EOS Zoro is Roger level or even ABOVE based on Roger using a sword during clash .
To be factual Roger used a sword against his strongest Rival and against his equal, not just during a clash.

It is still downplaying.

Come on guys. Stop this "EoS Zoro will be above Roger" nonsense. It makes the Zoro fandom look stupid and deluded.

The PK is above the WSS which has been portrayed throughout the manga. If Roger was the WSS, Mihawk would have mentioned it in Baratie. We should stop calling everyone swordsman who fights with a sword in One Piece context. Big Mom was the first hint, now Roger is proving it again. Oda (and Zoro) probably has a different definition for swordsman.

So just by using a sword, I guess anyone can be a swordsman. Using that logic now since Mihawk cooks Perona food he is liable to be Sanji's opponent as well. Since he knows how to cook food like Sanji does.
Post automatically merged:

What has he shown to prove that he is above that might I ask ?
Yes just by using sword in a actual fights. its more reliable than comparing queen's and jabra's same hair styles or looking to queen as okama for link up him to Sanji. As i said "dont sigh "

The attack Marco tanked >>>>> this attack that Oden couldn’t withstand lol.

Marco tanked a light speed bombardment meant to kill Whitebeard, Roger swatted Oden aside like a bug lol.

Hype is irrelevant Ndule. Big mom was hyped before king and Queen both one shot her in the same day.

Feats = strength, hype = nonsense

Marco feats >>>>> Oden
Old Garp overpowered Marco, who was smiling after tanking Yasakani and then proceeded to fly through another one of Kizaru’s garbage attacks. Roger >>> Old Garp. Marco would be dead if he took a serious hit from Roger.

Status
Not open for further replies.