Spoiler One Piece Chapter 969 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogard

You can't win
So the grandma is a Kurozumi after all
However, Kurozumi Higurashi had already used the abilities of the Mane Mane fruit to convince all the Daimyo that Orochi should officially be recognized as Shogun so he’s Oden is told that his request can no longer be done.
Makes sense since she knew this much about the Kurozumi story, but it makes me even more Wonder about the possible relation with Kaido. It makes it look even deeper than i thought :shocking:

Looks like we were right and zoro will for sure surpass oden in wano...
Oden is actually strong but Oda just decided to have fodder Low diff him for the sake of plot

There's WAYYYYYYT TOO MANY OPTIONS HERE... This is the problem I had with the previous chapter... there's way too many other things that could've been done the jist don't get done because plot... Again, where is Oden's CoC? Are we ever going to see it? Why doesn't he just CoC old boy and knock him out through the barrier? For fucks sake we've reached Oden's actual death year and he's never used CoC once?

Also why doesn't he just cut the entire castle in half to throw old boy and Fodderochi off balance since the barriers don't guard against falling without old boy recreating the barrier

Also he could just wait for days if he has to and mobilise his men to seize the capital while waiting for Fodderochi and old boy to starve.

BUT NOPE. NONE OF THAT. THE PLOT WANTS FODDEROCHI ALIVE AND ODEN LOW DIFFED SO ODA USES HIS GREATEST POWER. OFF SCREEN OFF SCREEN NO MI. AND WE JUST CUT TO ODEN HAS BEEN LOW DIFFED BECAUSE OF REASONS

Last edited:

Worst

Custom title
So hear me out guys... Haki allows you to fight against DF users it allows you to counter their DF powers and damage their tru body for example Luffy is made out of rubber and if you punch him it wouldn't heart him but if you use haki you'll be able to damage Luffy's body and same thing about barrier DF user. If you use haki on barrier you'll be able to break it unless the haki of the DF user is tronger or equal to yours, and we know that Oden had haki (I personally always ranked Oden as YC+ level same as Rayleigh and I know that almost all of you disagree with me but even we all cen agree that for YC level Oden that barrier would be nathing unless the grandfather had stronger haki than Oden which I doubt) so the only possibility for Oden not being able to cut barrier is that if he got scared/threatened by Kaido. I don't think that after trawling with Wh and Roger he didn't hear about Kaido or even seen him fighting against them (so there's a potential that Oden knew how powerful Kaido is) and Orochi threatened Oden through Kaido (which we saw in previous chapter).
We also saw that Oden didn't gived a funk about Kaido xD

okay maybe its nothing maybe its all, but let me ask you something if i need some glasses.
In the last Spoiler Pic, where it is talked about Hyos Wife and Kids.
On the bottom right corner we see Oden sitting on the Ground.
On his left Side there is standing a person looking like Kanjuuro.
Is that Panel an Flashback in a Flashback? Where we see Oden and Kanjuuro where we get a scene with Oden Kanjuuro and Hyos Wife where they first met her.
Or is that implying Kanjuuro is whereever Oden is right now?
Sadly i cannot translate japanese so i dont know what the speechbubble is saying :D
And does the Spoiler say something about Smile? In another forum there is translated oden laughed and cried at the same time and that he got a Smile).
And do you really think the oden dancing naked is the real oden? Or just the hag transformed.

Haki allows you to fight against DF users it allows you to counter their DF powers
Thats not what Haki does. Haki allows you to hit the real body of a DF user and that's it. There's no countering of DF powers or anything.

For example If you want to hit Akainu's real body with a Haki punch then you will. But you'll still get burned by his magma even if you are actually hurting him. Haki foes nt literally counter his DF to make him completely human and turn off his magma powers.

So no. No one and no thING has been stated to be able to break Those barriers. The only way out is to outlast The user

Well, what did some here expect?

The barrier-barrier-ability so far has been shown as unbreakable. Not Doflamingo's strings, not Fujitora, not the King Punch could break through it.
Just to remember: There are things that are damn near impossible to break (e.g. Ponegliffs or the walls on Marineford which even WB couldn't break), the barrier-ability so far is one of them.

As for Oden dancing in the streets and acting weird: Wait for the whole chapter.
We literally have zero context right now. We don't even know if it's the real Oden or the mane-mane-user trying to shame him, while the real Oden is imprisoned.

You guys do realize that there is clearly something iffy, that Orochi most likely blackmailed Oden or are you just ignoring it for the sake of complaining?
Maybe...IMO taking hostages to blackmail him is weak plot point...oden is powerful and him with his scabbards can make plan to defeat orochi or save hostages first then deal with orochi/kaido...at least he do something instead made promises and succumb to that promise

We also saw that Oden didn't gived a funk about Kaido xD
At a time when he was angry like Luffy when he blindly attacked Kaido and couldn't use FC, I think after that scene Orochi and his grandma tolled Oden what will happened to his family and wano in general I also think that they tolled him about Kaido's powers and that his unkillable.

Well, what did some here expect?

The barrier-barrier-ability so far has been shown as unbreakable. Not Doflamingo's strings, not Fujitora, not the King Punch could break through it.
Just to remember: There are things that are damn near impossible to break (e.g. Ponegliffs or the walls on Marineford which even WB couldn't break), the barrier-ability so far is one of them.

As for Oden dancing in the streets and acting weird: Wait for the whole chapter.
We literally have zero context right now. We don't even know if it's the real Oden or the mane-mane-user trying to shame him, while the real Oden is imprisoned.
the one who s dancing is oden u can see the old hag behind orochi

That's not an excuse for giving up as fast as Oden did, lol.
So, does it make Barto or any previous Bari Bari user unbeatable?
Because you're kinda making it look as such.

Oden had the greater grasp of the situation. He knew what horrific crimes Orochi did, and what the citizens that lived under his father went through, yet, he gave up after a single "Barrier" in his way.

That is without any doubt Disappointing.

Quick summary of the events:-:zorothink:
Come to think of most of Oden's feat were just the hype words from his Father.:sus:
He did clashed against the mighty WB in a spectacular way though.:myman:
Also got blown away by Roger in a Speed-blitz. :wellwell:
And, now dancing naked in the street of Wano.:believe:
Oda to Oden: :holdthisl:
People following up Oden's journey, expecting him to come back as a Beast who scarred even the Mighty Beast Kaido: :nicagesmile:
Kaido waiting to get scarred::kaidowhat:

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
Why are people surprised by the Barrier ability being uncuttable? That's the whole purpose of it...
The purpose to resist and keep you safe from any harm.
It's like being surprised by Kuma's ability being able to repel everything...
Yes man, this has absolutely NOTHING to do with Oden's strenght. The barrier cannot be broken, it's similar as with the birdcage.

Status
Not open for further replies.