Spoiler One Piece Chapter 969 Spoilers Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we will get a deeper look at Moria versus Kaido, because that panel was poor both in terms of content and aesthetics.
Lol tbh we will surely not get anything regarding that since we have crossed the timeline of that event.
Edit:but there is still a small chance though,as the fight happened in ringo and that is where ushimaru shimotsuki is daimyo so maybe..

I am counting on that man. But if next week chapter reveals basically that Oden subitted over a deal of getting a ship to leave with his family. I think we can ALL AGREE that this is truly bad way of writing his character.
Specially with what we know about him!
I won't even blame Oden. I would basically blame Oda for that.

Grandpa Hyo stays as the MVP manliest character in Wano thus far though
:cheers:

He never yielded to Orochi. And after his wife death, and because kaido is impressed with him (as Orochi stated in this chapter that Hyo was too much for him to handle) Orochi asked Kaido to handle Hyo, and after his wife and subordinates death, Kaido imprisoned him and tried to break his spirit, and he was still the first to meet Luffy and believe in him to rebel against Kaido's forces.

Hyo is a true G
What you smoking bro? Do you really believe what you said about Oden just handing over Wano to Orochi and leave the place for good with his family..:wellwell:

If he believes or not is not the issue....

Whatever the reason is Oden waited 5 fucking years.

Any deal he had should have been enough to gain time but not 5 years...
Oda is not the type of writer who miscalculates his timeline and their future impact. He had Wano arc figured probably before MF and had time to polish the story throughout the PH, DR, Zou and WCI arc. So, let's just keep calm and wait for whatever twist he is gonna drop on us. It's probably on the scale of "Raizo is safe" to "Robin's farewell to SH", might/ should be even higher (finger crossed). :zehaha:

We might not get a resolution until Shinbou tells the other daymiyos what really happened. That could be in like 3-4 chapters.
Great catch!
Oda is holding back the Oden-Orochi conversation and showing us Shinobi spying on them for a reason.
It's clear as day there will be a big twist in the upcoming chapters, especially since he even wrote that "they were all wondering what Oden had been hiding those 5 years".

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
So I guess Oden's antics was just for show and a cover up (he took a page out of Orochi's book lol, 'hide your strength and bide your time'). He planned to reclaim the shogun throne by taking down orochi and kaido. Obviously that's gonna fail and they all got caught. And I guess he was executed for the crime of 'assassination and betrayal' as a result. Not by seppuku (the traditional samurai way), but by being boiled in oil (kaido's way, which I guess is based on a punishment that genghis khan used to execute people). Curious to know how Toki teleported Momonosuke and the others into the future, I hope we get to see her devil fruit used in action. Did she obtain the power while traveling with oden on Roger's ship?
Toki had her fruit before meeting Oden.

Honnestly it looks like that the idea of having someone with the Bari Bari no mi at their side and of having something to blackmail Oden with was the old woman's doing rather than Orochi when you know how most of the work to make Orochi was made by her and that she was calm when Oden attacked while Orochi was peeing himself.
No one thought of Orochi as a joke in the past .

Currently they think of him as that......so yeah the old woman was the big chief.

Honnestly it looks like that the idea of having someone with the Bari Bari no mi at their side and of having something to blackmail Oden with was the old woman's doing rather than Orochi when you know how most of the work to make Orochi was made by her and that she was calm when Oden attacked while Orochi was peeing himself.
It looks like a couple's plan at this point. Both the old woman and old man got their info boxes in the same chapter, both of them have DFs previously known to the readers. They were both present to manipulate Orochi from the beginning. I would no longer put any special emphasis on the old witch alone. If she was a Rocks Pirate, then now I would add the old man was too.

Though I will say both actually being from the Korozumi clan blows any CP0 spy ideas out of the water now. You could believe the old lady was fooling everyone with the Mane Mane and had a more youthful and psychically threatening appearance, but not one but two elderly spies still working for the CP0? Standards must be low if CP9's Rob Lucci had a weaker body than two old frail-looking Rokushiki users. At least Lao G's Jio-Ken allowed him to temporarily access his prime strength. The old people in One Piece like Whitebeard and Garp have menacing bodies to still remain threats at their age, the exception is someone like Tsuru who is never showing fighting and holds more of a strategist position.

Status
Not open for further replies.