Chapter Discussion One Piece - Chapter 976 : "Allow Me To Introduce Myself"

Rate the Chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you talking about?

Jinbe and the Sun pirates had to fight against the BMP to save Luffy and Co. How would it look like if Jinbe suddenly just escapes the battlefield to save his own ass?
He may be one of the strongest when it comes about the ocean but there was still a huge army of competent fighters aiming for him - including someone who boiled the sea in a blink of a second...

Before you tend to use silly insults towards me, I'd greatly advice you to re-read the manga again.

One of them can boil the ocean? And Big Mom could create tsunami homies as well?
It's not like they doesn't have the ability to fight against the fishmen on sea.

Once again, escaping from a situation like that was almost impossible for Jinbe since he prevented Big Mom to chase after Luffy for a while.

How he came back with seemingly no injuries (?) is still a question but if he just got away with no consequences, this further proves Big Mom's incompetence - one of my biggest criteria about her character - and you can call us "meatheads" as much as you like, doesn't change my view about Big Mom.

Nothing to do with me apparently downplaying Big mom.
I'm just criticising Big Mom's competence, calm the fuck down.

And yes, if they were actually captured but some Big Mom Pirates, for example Katakuri, decided to free Jinbe, this wouldn't be bad but as for now, I keep my hopes very low when it comes about Big Mom.
Every antagonist organisation or even the protagonists at times suffer from PIS or plot armor or forgot about his powers moments whenever they are marines, warlords or yonko crews. The BMP are far from being the only ones to suffer from it so I won't criticize them over it and it would be just wrong and hypocrital to bash them for that.

And in this chapter it's the Straw Hats and their allies who suffered from it with them doing nothing to stop Kanjuro or them being in danger of being foiled by just a ship with long range weapons and fodders on it.

kanjuro's df with him actually can draw is actually hax af.
might be yc3 even. We still dont know what would happened if he draws a/multiple serious dragon.

really liking him as a villain, the reveal dont just give his motive away but also buff his power. He just need some new hair and he can be aizen lol

Didn't Oven with a single move nearly take out the entirety of the Fishman pirates ?
Didn't Big mom show top tier water manipulation by creating a tsunami homie?

Don't talk like they don't have the means to affect users in the water, you're just doing damage control. Big meme couldn't catch Jinbe, those are the facts.

If Fishman are so omnipotent Jinbe should've never had to stay behind and risk his life because his crew would be able to get out anyways, you thought about that before ?

Damage control
What damage control? Big Mom never created a water homie, that was Perospero's candy sea slug homie that created the tsunami. When Big Mom came to confront them she was still somewhat far away, Jinbe had plenty of chances to dive into the ocean and swim away. Oven can't heat the entire fucking ocean, we even saw some of the fish-men diving really deep into the ocean to avoid his heat and as for his heat torpedoes do you really think someone who is a fast swimmer like Jinbe would get hit?

Again all Jinbe had to do was dive deep into the ocean and swim away really fast, stop acting like Big Mom and her crew could control the water and catch him. Jinbe stayed behind so he could make sure that everyone including his former crew would escape safely, don't forget that Jinbe also escaped Marineford with all those Admirals and Marines there. Him being in the ocean and escaping from a Yonko isn't that hard to see even a fucking five year old could understand that, maybe instead of doing your usually bashing and complaining like you always do actually think and understand the situation of how Jinbe escaped.

If you want to downplay and bash on Big Mom at least wait and see if Germa escaped as well, because they are the only ones I can't give any good excuses for their escape unlike Jinbe and the Sun Pirates.

Yes the way the Straw Hats and their allies were so incompetent against Kanjuro and the Beast Pirates was really BS but at least it's the Straw Hats and their allies who suffer from plot induced stupidity, when it's the antagonists who suffer from it everyone pretend that it's how competent they are all the time and bash them.
Dude... Oda could have made this very logical by at least making one of the calamities present on one of those ships... at least him cooperating with Kanjuro... would make some form of "considerable" power that can at least resist and escape...
Hell... if he made Jack and Jack succeeded in doing that... at least it would give Jack a W... LOL specially after his many Ls
But a ship of fodder???

And Luffy/Kidd/Law attacking the ships... what happened to them? Like they all attacked the same ship... after talking big... then left the rest of ships and got back??? what the fuck?

That's just stupid...

For me... the way I would write it... is I would AT LEAST introduce a "whole fleet of ships" just as intro before the storm...

Remember when fucking Whitebeard before the war... Sengoku sent 50 something fleet of ships scouting? and then reports to Sengoku came by saying "all 50+ ships disappeared without a trace by WB crew"

I get the alliance is not as good as WB and his crew

But c'mon...
at least Oda could have sent a "fleet of let's say 10 ships led by Jack or another calamity"

Then we have Luffy/Law/Kidd competing on destroying the ships... we then leave some of the ships for the newly introduced characters like Denjiro and Jinbe and whoever else is joining...

And only make ONE SHIP succeed in retreating "which is lead by that calamity along with Kanjuro who escaped while the alliance is distracted from the MANY ships and calamity"

But one ship????
not even a fucking headliner???

Not even fucking smile user????

Just one ship of fodders? and Kanjuro is on the other side alone???

c'mon... that's fucking stupid no matter how people will try to defend Oda here

Dude... Oda could have made this very logical by at least making one of the calamities present on one of those ships... at least him cooperating with Kanjuro... would make some form of "considerable" power that can at least resist and escape...
Hell... if he made Jack and Jack succeeded in doing that... at least it would give Jack a W... LOL specially after his many Ls
But a ship of fodder???

And Luffy/Kidd/Law attacking the ships... what happened to them? Like they all attacked the same ship... after talking big... then left the rest of ships and got back??? what the fuck?

That's just stupid...

For me... the way I would write it... is I would AT LEAST introduce a "whole fleet of ships" just as intro before the storm...

Remember when fucking Whitebeard before the war... Sengoku sent 50 something fleet of ships scouting? and then reports to Sengoku came by saying "all 50+ ships disappeared without a trace by WB crew"

I get the alliance is not as good as WB and his crew

But c'mon...
at least Oda could have sent a "fleet of let's say 10 ships led by Jack or another calamity"

Then we have Luffy/Law/Kidd competing on destroying the ships... we then leave some of the ships for the newly introduced characters like Denjiro and Jinbe and whoever else is joining...

And only make ONE SHIP succeed in retreating "which is lead by that calamity along with Kanjuro who escaped while the alliance is distracted from the MANY ships and calamity"

But one ship????
not even a fucking headliner???

Not even fucking smile user????

Just one ship of fodders? and Kanjuro is on the other side alone???

c'mon... that's fucking stupid no matter how people will try to defend Oda here
You are making this more of a "it doesnt hapend the way I wanted to so oda is a hax" situation

also if someone strong shows up on here it would be bad as fuck writing

Every antagonist organisation or even the protagonists at times suffer from PIS or plot armor or forgot about his powers moments whenever they are marines, warlords or yonko crews.
Yes, and I totally agree with you.

But when it comes about Big Mom, I haven't seen anything more than her huge incompetence. It wouldn't be bad if she just proves that she's indeed a Yonko for once! What happened? She was embarassed by the weak trio - imagine them outsmarting Kaido like that - and even against a YC, she was... captured.

Status
Not open for further replies.