Chapter Discussion One Piece - Chapter 976 : "Allow Me To Introduce Myself"

Rate the Chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest... There should be some consequences or the whole postponing Jinbe at WCI makes no sense
Whatever the consequences... it's not harming the strawhats...
1- Oda will not kill a Germa/Vinsmoke member without the presence of Sanji to witness it for Drama.. which excludes Germa from he picture...

2- I do not believe Jinbe's crew was annihilated when he cracks that big smile...

3- The ONLY LOGICAL death/sacrifice MIGHT be Alaadin who paved the way for Jinbe to leave at the end... So maybe that's the consequence... but generally it will only add depth and more backstory for Jinbe... nothing else

Great chapter.

So damn good to see Jinbei again and to get official confirmation that he is the Hellman of the crew.

I love how every one of the scabbards other then denjiro knew kinemon was just fooling everyone because they knew he wasn't smart enough to come up with the plan lol

Loved the reaction Kidd and Law knowing Jinbei is part of the strawhat hat crew now. You get Luffy at the top and now he has his 3 commanders like a yonkou would.

Kanjuro is definitely a lot stronger then i thought, he casually blocked a kawamatsu attack like its nothing is pretty impressive.

I know all this hype with Jinbei being back and people wanting him to fight Jack because both of them are fishmen, but i honestly think Jack should be saved up for Inurashi and Nekomamushi just based what happened at zou and them losing limbs because of him.

Man next chapter we better get a double spread of the entire crew doing their walk to Onigashima, holy shit i can't wait for the naval battle that coming up.

Last edited:

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Death flags for the scabbards is exciting. I don't care for most of them, but as a group being put out there like that, it'd be bold of Oda to get rid of them like this. But I'd actually like that. Dying to avenge Oden and fulfill his dream? That's a nice way to go out.

Also, I love the naval gun. I wish we got more ship battles in One Piece. Stuff like that would be very cool to be incorporated more often and make Franky/Usopp more useful.
I hope Kinemon don't die atleast

Dude deserve a happy life with Tsuru
Kin'emon deserves to be happy with Tsuru. But, I could still see him dying in the end. He'd be a massive death, almost as big as Law dying or something. And if Tsuru already died in the fires, we could get a Gladiator ending for Kin'emon.

You are making this more of a "it doesnt hapend the way I wanted to so oda is a hax" situation

also if someone strong shows up on here it would be bad as fuck writing
What I want is "a convincing way" for Kanjuro to leave with Momo this easily....
Also without making the alliance who is outnumbering one single fodder ship... to look incompetent... that's what I want

I don't care if a calamity shows up or NOT... as long as it's convincing... with the powerhouses, the alliances have right now!

at this point no one really know how stupid op the draw draw fruit will be.
At least I think it is logical if kanjuro's drawings are able to fight cracker's army.
Actually it should be op! Because it's kinda a materialization of thoughts like gremmy. He could draw a nuclear bomb and it's enough but of course it depends of the strenght of the user.

Yes, and I totally agree with you.

But when it comes about Big Mom, I haven't seen anything more than her huge incompetence. It wouldn't be bad if she just proves that she's indeed a Yonko for once! What happened? She was embarassed by the weak trio - imagine them outsmarting Kaido like that - and even against a YC, she was... captured.
Kaidos time will come, overhyped

Yes, and I totally agree with you.

But when it comes about Big Mom, I haven't seen anything more than her huge incompetence. It wouldn't be bad if she just proves that she's indeed a Yonko for once! What happened? She was embarassed by the weak trio - imagine them outsmarting Kaido like that - and even against a YC, she was... captured.
That would be ignoring that it was made clear that Luffy had absolutely no chance against her at WCI and even ran away from her, that despite this BS with her being in a crazed state the best the Straw Hats could do was to push her back and that she completely overpowered Queen and that he pissed himself when BM regained her memory and glared at him before she fell asleep out of nowhere.

And in general when Oda comes to use such ridiculous plot devices such as MC's picture, the box explosion or the food sickness ans cake subplot to prevent a character to use and show his/her true power it's that the Straw Hats, their allies and Queen would have been utterly massacred without them.

Status
Not open for further replies.