Chapter Discussion ONE PIECE CHAPTER 978: Introducing the Tobi Roppo

rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't bring myself to like Kinemon's character at all, he's sooooo boring and not fun at all and uses generic and boring plans; why is he even the strategist of the alliance when there are people who are far smarter than him? It doesn't make sense. And seriously Oda, did we wait 2 fucking weeks for such a shitty chapter where nothing major happens, not even showing us Kaido's son or the bounties of the F6? Or King's bounty? Or even the numbers? And what the hell? Drake is the strongest after the calamities? That's fucking boring and why is the strongest dude an ally? Luffy is using fucking cheat codes to deal with his enemies, no effort at all

I just can't bring myself to like Kinemon's character at all, he's sooooo boring and not fun at all and uses generic and boring plans; why is he even the strategist of the alliance when there are people who are far smarter than him? It doesn't make sense. And seriously Oda, did we wait 2 fucking weeks for such a shitty chapter where nothing major happens, not even showing us Kaido's son or the bounties of the F6? Or King's bounty? Or even the numbers? And what the hell? Drake is the strongest after the calamities? That's fucking boring and why is the strongest dude an ally? Luffy is using fucking cheat codes to deal with his enemies, no effort at all
He's just the front actually. The actual strategies that are controlling the raid from the shadow are Law and Hawkins.

That was a very cool chapter,like the design of Kaido's place,also the F5 are fun and a unique group,can't wait to see them in action.To me Queen stole the show this chapter(one of the best introduced post skip characters by Oda.I like that while he is ruthless,he is also a fun guy which is rare when it comes to villains in any manga)along with the DJ Apoo!:vistalaugh:

This guys are headliners,since Shin'uchi means headliner.

G

Gran D. Master

Caeser was the arc villain. Monet was the second strongest of the arc villain. That's why Luffy only handles Caeser. Because luffy always handles the arc villain

We don't have a pattern for kid Except Apoo. Like I said, Since Sabaody it's been Kid and Apoo almost getting into fights whenever they see each other. So that's why that's the only pattern that exists
Apparently Vergo didn't exist :gokulaugh:

C

critical mindset

The part about sinking their own ships, I remember reading about the New World famous explorer Herman Cortez, that when he and his crew arrived somewhere in the South Americas, he then ordered the torching down of their own ship! It’s a way to ready yourself with the proper mindset for the challenges to come; in a mission like that if you’re to succeed you have to have the proper attitude, where you go in with the intent to follow through: all in or nothing! There’s no turning back, no exit strategy. It’s epic as shit and I can’t help but think that that’s maybe where Oda got the idea of sinking their ships from

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you saying Vergo wasn't a villain?
I'm saying he wasn't the arc villain. As in THE ARC VILLAIN. The main one. You know, the villain whose actions the arc is centered around. The one who luffy fights.

Again. Fujitora was in dressrosa. He's a villain. How come he isn't the point of Dressrosa. How come big mom isn't the the point of Wano. They are all villains in the same arc as other villains.

Do you not understand this? Surely you must understand that Oda made Luffy focus on Caeser and not Vergo for a reason

G

Gran D. Master

I'm saying he wasn't the arc villain. As in THE ARC VILLAIN. The main one. You know, the villain whose actions the arc is centered around. The one who luffy fights.

Again. Fujitora was in dressrosa. He's a villain. How come he isn't the point of Dressrosa. How come big mom isn't the the point of Wano. They are all villains in the same arc as other villains.

Do you not understand this? Surely you must understand that Oda made Luffy focus on Caeser and not Vergo for a reason
Monet and Vergo were both secondary antagonists of the same arc.

Vergo was stronger than Monet.

Zoro didn't fight Vergo.

Always fights second strongest my ass :kayneshrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.