Chapter Discussion ONE PIECE CHAPTER 978: Introducing the Tobi Roppo

rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good intermediary chapter.

That double spread of Onigashima was beautiful. The gigantic sword next to the skull is very interesting, really looks like the theories that it's the resting place of a continent puller like Oars who made Kaido is coming true.

Two of the Strawhats who haven't had much chance to shine at least got something here, Ussop knocking out the lookouts, Brook getting the speech. I like the sinking of the ships as well, shows some real determination. Them mentioning that it's odd that Kanjuro hasn't seemed to report anything yet, and Kaido's later demand of the Tobi Roppo, makes me hope the Beast Pirates actually do have a plan.

Love the Beast Pirates disguises

Queen is still absolutely brilliant and far and away the best Beast Pirate. The Numbers seem to be named because their laughter is Numbers based?

As for the Tobi Roppo, Page One's seems to be a lot younger than I thought he was. It's basically confirmed that Drake's the strongest since he'd be apparently the one to step up a rank if Queen died. Give me Black Maria vs Robin and Uruti vs Nami, Oda. Sasaki looks like he could be Jinbei's brother, tbh, hope that doesn't kill Jinbei vs Jack.

Nice chapter, more use of Kin's fruit power, finally, DJ Apoo is back, the fodders staffs (pleasures and waiters) the one that will receives YC1 powerups in the anime (Gifters and Shinuchis or Headliners I guess), kinda sad that the numbers, once again, are not shown and introduced, but damn Kaido's crew is massive

Then came to this

They looks a lot more interesting than the all stars calamities, also except for Drake, looks like the rest of the Tobi Roppo seems to have horns, or Horn like ornaments since Page One's zoan form doesn't seems to have horns iirc
Sasaki is probably a fishman judging from the design thou I might be wrong, the Giant lady Black Maria is my favorite

Who's who thou, I thought I saw him somewhere, then I realized that he really reminds me of this dude

just had to double check to see if it's him or not
Turns out it's not... Or that's him with his early design, we might never know unless someone ask Oda through SBS or Oda tell us in the later chapter I guess

Kinda hoping their bounties are revealed too, but oh well, maybe that's something for the next chapter, or the Vivre Card data book

Last edited:
So you must also believe in Orochi being Zoro's main fight right?
I would if there weren't other things set up for other opponents. For example Like the 1000 chapters of Zoro fighting the second strongest ate a good indicator that he'll once again fight the second strongest. That's just one example of many.

I mean if you can find 1000 chapters of set up for kid fighting someone else as his main 1v1 in the arc then please present it. Because as far as I can tell the set up is only for for Apoo. And even Orochi since its Orochi who had Killer working for him. Outside of those, Kid's only fight is kaido and that's not a 1v1 and the arc can't end without kid in a 1v1.

G

Gran D. Master

I would if there weren't other things set up for other opponents. For example Like the 1000 chapters of Zoro fighting the second strongest ate a good indicator that he'll once again fight the second strongest. That's just one example of many.

I mean if you can find 1000 chapters of set up for kid fighting someone else as his main 1v1 in the arc then please present it. Because as far as I can tell the set up is only for for Apoo. And even Orochi since its Orochi who had Killer working for him. Outside of those, Kid's only fight is kaido and that's not a 1v1 and the arc can't end without kid in a 1v1.
We have never seen Kid have his own full fight, so we can't pretend there is any sort of established formula for how Oda handles Kid's fights...
Also Zoro doesn't always fight the second strongest; he only 'beat' Monet in PH.

We have never seen Kid have his own full fight, so we can't pretend there is any sort of established formula for how Oda handles Kid's fights...
Also Zoro doesn't always fight the second strongest; he only 'beat' Monet in PH.
Caeser was the arc villain. Monet was the second strongest of the arc villain. That's why Luffy only handles Caeser. Because luffy always handles the arc villain

We don't have a pattern for kid Except Apoo. Like I said, Since Sabaody it's been Kid and Apoo almost getting into fights whenever they see each other. So that's why that's the only pattern that exists

Status
Not open for further replies.